• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Wow, hello super nausea...

Skywalker

Reaction score
Welcome back >.<

Well, on the one hand, I was worried when it went so... be careful what you ask for? Lol. Reaching for my ginger chew right now.

That was me last night before a few minutes after I got into bed. It hit me like woah! :wacko:

I never felt sick when pg with DS. This time around I feel nauseous off and on all day long. Blech! :sick:

I don't know where I'd be without Zofran. Pregnancy at its finest!

Haha you were warned that your time had not yet come for it to go ;). I hope it passes for good soon! I think once it wears off this time it should be the end of it for you!

Lol, you did warn me! The weird thing about this nausea is that it is indispersed with the most random and horrible cravings ever, like for basically everything Taco Bell has to offer especially the Cheesy Gordita Crunch (do they have Taco Bell in Australia? Cuz they don't here. I'm about to hop a plane if so) Lol :haha: Then the nausea comes back. Then I want a Jimmy Johns Italian sub. Then the nausea comes back. Then I want New York style pizza. Then the nausea comes back. But mainly I just want Taco Bell LOL! I'm going to settle for New York style pizza. I am forcing my OH to buy it for me tonight even though I don't get paid until tomorrow. I told him I'll pay him back (we agreed not to eat out so often so this would be a clear frivolous violation, but I just need it. I just do. lol)

Oh bamm, and it was also as I suspected, that when it came back I'd have this "well here we go again!" attitude, like I could actually care less. I was almost vomitting all day just sort of in this bored, "well are you going to puke or not?" kind of way lol! I obviously hope I don't but just after so many weeks of nausea, I just don't care anymore lol. I do hope you're right though and after it subsides this time it is gone for the rest of the pregnancy!

Lol, you did warn me! The weird thing about this nausea is that it is indispersed with the most random and horrible cravings ever, like for basically everything Taco Bell has to offer especially the Cheesy Gordita Crunch (do they have Taco Bell in Australia? Cuz they don't here. I'm about to hop a plane if so) Lol :haha: Then the nausea comes back. Then I want a Jimmy Johns Italian sub. Then the nausea comes back. Then I want New York style pizza. Then the nausea comes back. But mainly I just want Taco Bell LOL! I'm going to settle for New York style pizza. I am forcing my OH to buy it for me tonight even though I don't get paid until tomorrow. I told him I'll pay him back (we agreed not to eat out so often so this would be a clear frivolous violation, but I just need it. I just do. lol)

Oh bamm, and it was also as I suspected, that when it came back I'd have this "well here we go again!" attitude, like I could actually care less. I was almost vomitting all day just sort of in this bored, "well are you going to puke or not?" kind of way lol! I obviously hope I don't but just after so many weeks of nausea, I just don't care anymore lol. I do hope you're right though and after it subsides this time it is gone for the rest of the pregnancy!

I'm the same! Can't look at food, then I crave pizza, or kfc spicy chicken - and I've been searching for mexican restaurants that takeaway around here too! I don't think we have taco bell - at least not in Brisbane/QLD, maybe Melb or sydney do, they always have more then us! I'm going over to Christchurch in just under two weeks and i've already saved some menus for a mexican place and a steak place, I'm praying the nausea is gone by then!

I think throwing up is better than not, from how I've felt anyway, after a spew, the nausea has stayed away for a couple of hours - beats constant nausea, and for some reason, I felt kind of proud - like it verified the pregnancy for me in a weird way, and had more of an excuse to laze about, because when you tell people you feel sick, they always seem to think you're talking it up or something!

Enjoy your pizza! I might get some pepperoni pizza tonight. Although we live with my mum and she's super judgy so it'll come with a side of guilt :p

I'm the same! Can't look at food, then I crave pizza, or kfc spicy chicken - and I've been searching for mexican restaurants that takeaway around here too! I don't think we have taco bell - at least not in Brisbane/QLD, maybe Melb or sydney do, they always have more then us! I'm going over to Christchurch in just under two weeks and i've already saved some menus for a mexican place and a steak place, I'm praying the nausea is gone by then!

I think throwing up is better than not, from how I've felt anyway, after a spew, the nausea has stayed away for a couple of hours - beats constant nausea, and for some reason, I felt kind of proud - like it verified the pregnancy for me in a weird way, and had more of an excuse to laze about, because when you tell people you feel sick, they always seem to think you're talking it up or something!

Enjoy your pizza! I might get some pepperoni pizza tonight. Although we live with my mum and she's super judgy so it'll come with a side of guilt :p

Ugh I know what you mean! I haven't vomitted fully yet but I've wished that I could sometimes because the nausea is just terrible and I wish I can just get it over with, even if it only provides temporary relief. I thought about trying to make myself throw up but I don't think that's healthy - I think my body would actually throw up if it really needed to and I don't want to cause damage. So I just try to mitigate the nausea. I have ginger beer and ginger chews always on hand! Lol

Oh man I know what you mean! Gr, and I hate that your mom is super judgy on that! Did she not experience first trimester nausea? When you're nauseas and don't want anything and then all the sudden you want something, and it's the only thing you want, you eat it or you go hungry! That's my opinion. I think it's better to eat something crappy than nothing at all! Or crackers! Even in pizza there's more nutrition than crackers lol. I do think we should TRY to make the majority of our foods as healthy as possible but to be honest when my midwife gave me the green light to eat anything (anything not on the avoid for safety list of foods for pregnant women) I want in the first tri, I just indulged. I've eaten things that I normally wouldn't and OH MY GOD I have a KFC down the road, and all I wanted the other day was breaded, battered and fried chicken, but I couldn't go because I'm morally opposed to how KFC specifically treats their chickens. I saw a special on it and I haven't been able to touch KFC since. I know it's bad everywhere but ESPECIALLY KFC, which is super unfortunate because that was all I wanted the other day and I wouldn't let myself have it! Lol, and I know what you mean! I want spicy chicken sandwiches, like the ones from Wendy's or Burger King, which is NOT much better than KFC. My body is like on super junk food binge mode. I hope you have an awesome time in Christchurch with a whole new range of foods and restaurants available to you and the nausea stays away! Mmm, Mexican.... :D Although weirdly my Mexican food craving has largely passed now lol, go figure.

BUT what I am going to do is buy a whole organic chicken again from a local organic grocer, because when I make a roast with it it's actually pretty easy, then I can make a chicken stock and I'm sure that mild soups will help, especially mineral-rich organic local chicken soups made from freshly made stock! So that will be my main healthy thing, with roasted veggies of course, and then I'll splurge on the side :D

I know it's absolutely terrible some of the stuff we crave but I have no patience for people who judge when we indulge because they're not the ones experiencing morning sickness and nausea that suddenly lifts and there's a hunger for a junk food. My midwife says you never know WHAT your body is actually craving, so just eat it. It might be that there's a specific type of garlic seasoning in the spicy chicken breading for all you know and that's what your body wants! Lol. All I know is that when I give in and eat what I crave, I always feel better afterwards, not worse.

Oh I haven't seen anything about how they treat the chickens! :( Now I don't want it either! I make sure we always pay the extra for the non-cage eggs too! Pizza it is tonight then!

Mum swears she never got nauseous. She's just super judgy all round. If I go and ask my dad, he just says 'that's BS, she was struggling' but if I ask, she acts like her pregnancy and raising me and my sister was perfect, but we struggle to get along on the best of days anyway!

I agree we should be able to just eat whatever in first tri! With DD I put nothing on in first trimester, and I had massive KFC binges then too, it's the 3rd that got me, I ate for no reason at all, and alllll the weight caught up then, so once the nausea settles, I know I have to reign it in and eat responsibly! It's good to get your meal plans in place now! I think I'll do lots of slow cooker stuff, I'm a hopeless cook, it's just easy to chuck it in and wait - although I can imaging doing that now and having the smell all day would put me off it by the time its ready!

Oh I haven't seen anything about how they treat the chickens! :( Now I don't want it either! I make sure we always pay the extra for the non-cage eggs too! Pizza it is tonight then!

Mum swears she never got nauseous. She's just super judgy all round. If I go and ask my dad, he just says 'that's BS, she was struggling' but if I ask, she acts like her pregnancy and raising me and my sister was perfect, but we struggle to get along on the best of days anyway!

I agree we should be able to just eat whatever in first tri! With DD I put nothing on in first trimester, and I had massive KFC binges then too, it's the 3rd that got me, I ate for no reason at all, and alllll the weight caught up then, so once the nausea settles, I know I have to reign it in and eat responsibly! It's good to get your meal plans in place now! I think I'll do lots of slow cooker stuff, I'm a hopeless cook, it's just easy to chuck it in and wait - although I can imaging doing that now and having the smell all day would put me off it by the time its ready!

Aw that sucks! I'm sorry she's so judgy! She might have painted over her past with rose coloured glasses lol. I knew a lady who was sort of like the school nurse at a place I used to work and I thought I was pregnant at the time (but wasn't) but she acted so stuck up when I told her what I thought were pregnancy symptoms and said the ONLY pregnancy symptom she ever had was that she didn't like the taste of coffee anymore, and that was it. I highly doubt it. I think some women just like to paint themselves as these impervious, armoured Joan of Arcs that are never ever weak, ever. Some women DO have an easier time with pregnancy but I think it's like your father says, it's BS and she probably was struggling, even if she doesn't want to either remember it that way, or let you know about it lol. Also, my OH (though he's getting better) sometimes doesn't seem to want to acknowledge that I have pregnancy symptoms and I suspect it is because he thinks if he does, then I'll just play them up a lot more to get attention. Maybe your mom is doing this?

Yeah! I believe it was a special done by PETA, which is hard to watch and made me cry just now even watching part of it: https://youtu.be/-rX-qnZgxhI
It's really sad :( I warn you. But you will feel much better not supporting KFC with your money and eating elsewhere, I promise you! I think it's better to know than not know. Of all animals raised for their meat, chickens are treated the worst, which is why I will pay $30 for a whole organic local chicken with no second thoughts. In New Zealand, luckily cows are free to roam but I believe that chickens still are not. Ugh, so terrible. I'm pretty sure that KFC is the worst offender of this type of cruelty probably because chickens are their main dish so they need to mass produce them even more than other fast food chains, and that's when the abuses happen.

On a lighter note! Pizza sounds fantastic! :cry: Okay, gonna take me a bit to get over that video again, so sad. I hate KFC for it.

Oh my god. You know when you're done watching a Youtube video and it suggests others? I just watched one on Burger King cruelty and it is ten times worse than KFC. PLEASE do not watch it. I just started crying so hard and almost vomitted from disgust. I'll just put it this way - sadistic men beating and horribly abusing and mutilating live cows for fun. Oh my god. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: I wish I could unsee that. It was a hidden camera. But suffice it to say... just stay away from major fast food chains.

Ohh poor little chickens, I watched it and had a little sob. I am officially boycotting KFC! I mean, I get you have to kill them to make food, but there is NO need to literally torture them - those men that were throwing them and stomping on them, what sort of humans do that? I'm glad I saw it though, it's better to know and spend your money elsewhere, hopefully everyone will eventually do the same and they can finally change their ways! Over here the ads act like they treat the chickens much better, and you just know they are sugar coating it all!

Ohh poor little chickens, I watched it and had a little sob. I am officially boycotting KFC! I mean, I get you have to kill them to make food, but there is NO need to literally torture them - those men that were throwing them and stomping on them, what sort of humans do that? I'm glad I saw it though, it's better to know and spend your money elsewhere, hopefully everyone will eventually do the same and they can finally change their ways! Over here the ads act like they treat the chickens much better, and you just know they are sugar coating it all!

I know, very hard to watch! It wasn't even just like, neglect of the chickens (which they were also doing) It was sadistic and intentional physical abuse. Seriously, the one for Burger King is far worse. I was shaking and very disturbed afterwards. If you think that was bad... just for your own sake, don't watch the Burger King one. I don't know what country it was filmed in. I never usually eat fast food but craved Burger King so wanted to see the movie, thinking it would be similar to the PETA one. It was like, the worst, uncensored horror movie I've ever watched. I also hope everyone else will do the same and these companies will finally change their ways! There is no excuse for that treatment. These videos were years old so I don't know if they've actually reformed or not (and whether or not they SAY they have means they ACTUALLY have) Ugh. But you know what? My gluten-free pizza from Dominos arrived and I ate that and potato wedges and felt very happy that I wasn't giving my money to such horrible organizations at least, so that's something! Man, sorry, I didn't know this thread was going to take such a serious turn but when I mentioned KFC it all just went from there.

Haha the mood did take a turn for the worst! I didn't see the burger king one - I think burger king is called Hungry Jacks here, and we very rarely eat it anyway as it's just not very enjoyable, always sloppy and just not very nice! I'm going pizza hut tonight so hopefully they're not as sadistic as the burger/chicken companies! (I don't eat the chicken from pizza places, but hopefully they are a little more humane!)

9 weeks is the absolute worst x

Noooo! Don't say that! I'm only 3 days out from 9 weeks! Lol :haha: I'm going to have an arsenal of ginger beer, ginger chews, magnesium drink, yoghurt and crackers loaded up just to be safe, though ;)

Haha the mood did take a turn for the worst! I didn't see the burger king one - I think burger king is called Hungry Jacks here, and we very rarely eat it anyway as it's just not very enjoyable, always sloppy and just not very nice! I'm going pizza hut tonight so hopefully they're not as sadistic as the burger/chicken companies! (I don't eat the chicken from pizza places, but hopefully they are a little more humane!)

Yeah I hope so! I haven't tried Pizza Hut here yet but I usually order from Dominos because they have a gluten-free option :happydance: I've been wanting Pizza Hut, though, because I think we occasionally used to have that pizza for a "treat" school lunch every now and again back in high school in the US and I was addicted to it's awful/goodness :haha: I'm also going to try to create my own healthy, gluten-free cheesy gordita crunch taco from Taco Bell in my home once I do some grocery shopping. Wish me luck and I'll let you know how it goes! :D

I basically just laid in bed for week nine, and i have been very well this pg, i suggest taking a week of holidays and going into hiding ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"