Wow im so confused.drs saying two different things

amy16323

Reaction score
ok i have been having really bad anxiety since i was about 13 years old.im 29 years old now.when i got pregnant i was on Klonapin,paxil.they kept me on my Klonapin and switched my paxil to prozac.well about a week or so ago,they told me (psycologist) that i cant be on klonapin during my thrid trimester.so they took me off that and put me on Vistaril.well a few days ago i was at my baby doctor and told him what they did and he goes "are you serious".im like "yeah".he goes you cant be on Klonapin in your first trimester.you can be on it 2nd and third,so he put me back on klonapin and took me off the Vistaril (which wasnt even working).wow i am so ticked off.someone is giving me the run around here.one doctor said i can take it during my first and 2nd and the other dr said i can only take it 2nd and third.wow am i confused.i hope nothing is gonna happen to my baby

Not got a clue about the drugs you are taking, but this site may help
https://www.safefetus.com/

Drs with different specialities can sometimes have different opinions, which sucks.

Edit: if you can't find the drugs you are taking they may have another name on the packet which the site likes better.

oh no https://www.safefetus.com/DrugDetail.asp?DrugId=392&TradeName=Klonopin&TradeId=3212

It seems like both doctors have been negligent since it's not recommended in 1st or the end of 3rd tri. I would definitely follow up if I were you.

what should i do ? i cant believe this happened to me ?

No real advice on where to take it now, but wishing you lots of :hugs: and I really hope it hasn't had any ill effects on baby.
I guess talk to the doctor who prescribed it would be first thing to do??

What I would do is make an appointment with the Dr ASAP and take a copy of the page with you. If you don't want to continue taking it then you need to ask them to change your medication. Hope things work out for you.

Have you tried taking beta blockers? Mine are called Atenolol.

They are safe to take in third trimester (although can cause small babies) and really help my anxiety. x

Well maybe research the stuff you recently got prescribed (vistaril)and take that. the problem here is the phycologist knows more about the anti anxiety meds than about pregnancy and the baby doc knows more about pregnancy than anti anxiety meds. I would get a third opinion AND do a lot of research as to what anti anxiety meds are safe in pregnancy before so you have some knowledge going into it.

Hope all is well with LO :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->