Wow - no weight gain?

EmyDra

Triple boy mama
Reaction score
Well...my uterus completely contracted down within about 4 days and I noticed straight away that all my normal clothes fitted me.

Strange, I thought. But was hestitant in weighing myself.

Well...I got on the scales today, expecting to not be entirely happy and my weight popped up at 14 stone 10lbs o_O

That was my exact pre-pregnancy weight, I know this because I was so depressed about it at the time, it being the most I'd ever weighed when a year or so ago I rarely saw 13 stone on the scales.

Well...I'm overjoyed! I have a belly that looks like a balloon left to deflate for several weeks, with contrasting breasts that are like overfilled balloons...but everything else seems smaller.

Seems much too good to be true, espiecally since I ate a staggering amount over the Christmas period. Anyone else lucked out on this? Hoe much is it normal to gain? Does this mean maybe a stone will drop off me? I'd looooove that!

whoop! sounds great! i think it's very likely that you'll lose even more.

i myself am 12 lbs BELOW pre-pregnancy weight now 2 weeks after and had to get my "never-fitting-because-too-small" clothes out of my luggage and even the smallest jeans i have now needs a belt to not have to constantly be pulled up :)

saying that though, today i feel like i could eat a whole cow and am eating like crazy, so if i have more days like this, i might gain again.. but then i have to be back at work next week, so i shooould be alright!

Congrats!

It's mega awesome!!!

Well done Elaine for getting your Mummy in her skinny clothes! :haha:

Well...my uterus completely contracted down within about 4 days and I noticed straight away that all my normal clothes fitted me.

Strange, I thought. But was hestitant in weighing myself.

Well...I got on the scales today, expecting to not be entirely happy and my weight popped up at 14 stone 10lbs o_O

That was my exact pre-pregnancy weight, I know this because I was so depressed about it at the time, it being the most I'd ever weighed when a year or so ago I rarely saw 13 stone on the scales.

Well...I'm overjoyed! I have a belly that looks like a balloon left to deflate for several weeks, with contrasting breasts that are like overfilled balloons...but everything else seems smaller.

Seems much too good to be true, espiecally since I ate a staggering amount over the Christmas period. Anyone else lucked out on this? Hoe much is it normal to gain? Does this mean maybe a stone will drop off me? I'd looooove that!

i'm the same! gone back to 2lb over my pre-pregnancy weight straight away!! Can't believe it! But same as you, my pre-pregnancy weight was unfortunately well above my normal weight! Have been soo looking forward to excercising again while i was stuck in bed at the end of my pregnancy that this will hopefully give me the momentum to lose even more!! :happydance:

Congratulations!!:thumbup:

I'm a stone below my pre-pregnancy weight; but I did put on about a stone shortly before getting pregnant (lost it again in the first trimester) and my BMI is still 31. Still, its better than with my second eldest; I put on three stone in that pregnancy and when I weighed myself 6 weeks after having him I had lost a grand total of zero pounds, how gutted was I? It took a good 4 months before I started losing weight and then it just started dropping off; I'd lost pretty much all the pregnancy weight barring 10lbs before I got pregnant again a year later.

I'm a stone below my pre-pregnancy weight; but I did put on about a stone shortly before getting pregnant (lost it again in the first trimester) and my BMI is still 31. Still, its better than with my second eldest; I put on three stone in that pregnancy and when I weighed myself 6 weeks after having him I had lost a grand total of zero pounds, how gutted was I? It took a good 4 months before I started losing weight and then it just started dropping off; I'd lost pretty much all the pregnancy weight barring 10lbs before I got pregnant again a year later.

Yes, my BMI is also just touching 31, I'll be happy when it's 29 I think - I quite liked whatever weight that was :p

I got straight back in my pre preg jeans but i was fat to begin with lol

i've thrown my size 8 jeans out in a huff!
doubt i'll ever get back in them :(
i've still got 1 stone to lose to get to pre-preg weight nd another stone to shift to lose the one i put on before i got pg.
congratulations to u tho!

I'm back in my size 8 skinnys! I was only up 6lbs the day after she was born :thumbup: no mummy bums over here eh? :haha: xx

I was down to my pre preg weight the day i had my lo at 8st 6...i'm now 8st exactly 2weeks on....crazy!!!!!but i only gained 14lbs during preg x x x

Congratulations! :) Bet you're thrilled!

I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight within a week of Jacob being born - I put on 3st when I was pregnant (baby's birth weight was 10lb 5oz & the placenta was pretty much the same size) but my pre-pregnancy jeans still don't fit because my hips are now too wide/bum is too big and some tops don't fit because they don't fit over my boobs :(

Well, I'll never be a size 8 or 10, but I guess 14 isn't out of the question. If my BMI is under 30 i'll be happy in short, and with the breatfeeding and the meals the way they are at the mo I dont think it'll tooo long.

I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight within a week of Jacob being born - I put on 3st when I was pregnant (baby's birth weight was 10lb 5oz & the placenta was pretty much the same size) but my pre-pregnancy jeans still don't fit because my hips are now too wide/bum is too big and some tops don't fit because they don't fit over my boobs :(

Yeah I'm the same! Am exactly the same weight I started at but nothing fits over my hips or boobs....gutted :-( xx

Yeah I'm the same! Am exactly the same weight I started at but nothing fits over my hips or boobs....gutted :-( xx

:hugs: xx

Well done everyone!! I am 7lbs up at the moment from my ore pregnancy weight, but I had lost 2 stone in preparation for being pregnant. So I feel like I am doing well at the moment my bmi is 26.8 so I am still classed as overweight. I do have bad stretch marks though which I feel pretty bad about. X

Well done everyone!! I am 7lbs up at the moment from my ore pregnancy weight, but I had lost 2 stone in preparation for being pregnant. So I feel like I am doing well at the moment my bmi is 26.8 so I am still classed as overweight. I do have bad stretch marks though which I feel pretty bad about. X

I'm trying to embrace my stretchmarks. They cover my entire belly which does now look like a balloon that's slowly been left to deflate over some weeks. I'm trying to remind myself with them how incrediable my body is to have done all this - but I know it's hard. You don't really feel there's anything much attractive about the tummy now, I suppose I have the advantage in that I didn't like it much before.

I didn't gain any weight either, I weighed less after Thomas was born than my pre-pregnancy weight. And I ate McDonalds and BurgerKing several times a week...just lucky I guess.

I'm the smallest I have been in 9 years right now and very pleased, I lost 32 pounds in the 2 weeks after he was born (no appetite + breastfeeding).

I think my scales are broke, im still the same weight after giving birth to Oliver :shrug: I ate loads while i was pregnant and since having Oliver ive been up and about and eatting less!! Surly i should have at least lost 6lbs1 haha. I have about 3 stone to lose, to get to my preferred weight, and 2 stone to lose to get to pre preg weight.

I got weighed 2 weeks PP, and I weighed LESS than I did before I got pregnant :shrug: Don't have a clue howmuch I gained in pregnancy though xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->