Wrong Gender - Still Confused - 35 Weeks

amps2

Reaction score
Hello,

I am stressed right now because at 25 weeks my gyno did an ultrasound and said I am having a girl and now at 35 weeks the same gyno did the ultrasound and said its a boy. I am not sure which one to be believed.

I heard that ultrasound after 30 weeks have difficulty in revealing gender and some stories says earlier ultrasound cant be 100% right.

I would like to know your views and which you think might be correct.

It's been a few years since I was pregnant but I am pretty sure I read that later on things can swell and so telling the sex can be less accurate. I honestly wouldn't know which to believe, sorry!

Do you have any scan pics you could show us?

Do you have any scan pics you could show us?

No, I dint received scan pix :(

I am just not sure which scan could be correct, is it earlier 25 weeks is usually right or later at 35 weeks is usually right?

I would say 25 weeks would be better. I had a few late scans and although I didn't ask about gender the lady did say it was a lot harder to tell when your in the 30s weeks as baby is alot bigger

Can you try to have a private 4d scan to see how much you can see? Or a new thing in my area is HD live, baby might be too big to see much at all but can only try If you want to be prepared before the birth x

I would lean towards the 25 week scan being right, I've had growth scans this pregnancy- last one at 36 weeks and you could hardly make anything out. When they asked if we knew and checked I couldn't really tell as everything was much bigger and smushed.

At 35 weeks I feel the scan was quit clear for me because doctor showed me baby's hands which he/she was closing moving in some direction... it was quit clear. May be the lower parts are not clear at this stage? I am really confused and frustrated :(

My sister had the doctors tell her earlier on, around 20 some weeks that she was having a boy. Multiple times at different scans. At around 35 weeks they said no, it's actually a girl . And it was so. :shrug:

That’s odd that they didn’t get you pictures. Honestly, I would call them a politely but assertive ask for them. They should be in your file. Or to be rescanned. My son’s business was very visible at every scan 16w all the way up to days before he was born. But it does get harder as they get bigger, and I would want to be certain.

How frustrating on my last baby we didn’t find out the sex but I had a late scan and could clearly see it was a boy which ruined the surprise so it can be seen in late pregnancy,how about a blood test that confirms the gender

I had read somewhere those blood tests that also tell gender are only accurate during a certain window early on but I could be mistaken

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->