WSS....(what she said)...

Babyvoisey

Reaction score
Pointless thread but my friend who is also pregnant posted this on Facebook today and boy she took the words straight out of my mouth...

Wish people would stop telling me the bad points of having a baby. Sleepless nights... Money... Crying... Not having time to shower (apparently :/ ). We chose to do this... It was no accident. We can't wait! Bring it on!!!!!!!!

Anyone else feel like people are constantly on their case too?? She summed it up perfectly!! Lol

Sorry for the pointless thread!! Xx

Thankfully you seem to et a lot less o that the second time round. I am just anticipating being told how having 2 is a nightmare :haha:

Oh yeah, I say "i'm tired" and I get "well it's nothing compared to what you'll be in a few months' time...". we have a bit of a running joke going in my family, someone will say "Oh I did this, this, this & this today with babby, but god I just didn't have time to pee!". It's taking the p*** out of my sister who is one of the people who says that she just didn't have time to pee or to shower when her son was a baby. We all think she's a bit ridiculous sometimes!

Thats funny! I got told today that I wouldn't have time to shower.

Surely you can shower when baby is asleep though?! lol. Plus alot of us have DH or OH there to help out... we're not just going to stink until our babies are a year old are we lol

My friends all seem to be favouring the birthin horror stories rather than the "just you wait" stories lol

XxX

Lol!!! It's so funny! I get you won't have time to do ANYTHING lol!!! Is this just an excuse for these people to live like tramps?? Lol

I can understand the first couple of weeks coz u need to adjust but u will have OH or someone there?? But after that I will deffo be keeping myself up together!! X

Lol they aren't lying to you!! Even though it does get annoying to hear it all the time, it doesn't make it any less true.
Having two is going to be fun :haha:

I can understand ur time is Gunna be taken up due to having a new baby around but not having time to pee and shower?? Really??

Lol I can't tell you how many times I peed holding my newborn, or realized that it had been 4 days since I showered.
I worked days and my husband worked nights, so I usually home with baby by myself which didn't help!

there's no way i won't find time to make myself smell feel and look nice haha i already have my make up routine down to a quick-fine art :) mostly thanks to gettin up last minute before work every day! lols!
obv it will b hard at first. good thing my hair doesn't take any time at all :)

no time to have a shower?:haha: just ignore them.

i still managed to have a shower everyday, sometimes twice:shock:

Lol! A lot of it is true, it is hard to find time to have a shower etc and quite often I'd spend a lot of the mornings (and sometimes) afternoons in my dressing gown...but I'd always fit it in somehow and it certainly doesn't outweigh the positives of having a beautiful baby! I certainly wouldn't sit preaching baby horror stories to others either! X

Lol! A lot of it is true, it is hard to find time to have a shower etc and quite often I'd spend a lot of the mornings (and sometimes) afternoons in my dressing gown...but I'd always fit it in somehow and it certainly doesn't outweigh the positives of having a beautiful baby! I certainly wouldn't sit preaching baby horror stories to others either! X

Exactly this! Its true, but it doesn't take away from all the wonderful things about being a mother.

While those things are true, those are very small, silly sacrifices to make for a baby. I definitely went quite a few days in between showers. :haha: Luckily, Nolan loved me, even though I stunk.

i try to see the best in every situation and this will be one!

I can't wait!!!!!! :-D will still try and shower! But I'm sure baby won't hate me if I don't hehe xx

I showered when my DD was sleeping, sometimes DH was there to help, sometimes he wasn't. IF she woke up crying, no biggie for me. You may have to take a shorter shower, if you like the long ones, but to not take one wasn't ever the case for me. Believe me a good shower revives you and makes you feel like the world isn't a poop hole :) much needed when you're up half the night

I had my first baby at 16 and was a single parent. I still had time to shower every day. I just took her into the bathroom with me in her bouncy chair, or if she was asleep in her moses basket I just had a shower with the door open. I also did my full make-up every day. I don't understand why you wouldn't have time to pee :shrug:

Babies sleep loads, I always had time for a shower. My son would just sit happily in his bouncer if he wasn't asleep! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->