WTC health questions

LilyPie

Reaction score
Hello All

I am fairly new!! I have been on previously when I had a miscarriage but am now on here for WTC!

Me and my fiance are getting married on September 2010 and are planning on TTC then so its just under 9 months away. When do I need to start taking supplements like Folic Acid? And what other supplements need to be taken? I am slightly overweight so have begun to get fit and healthy now but that was more so I could fit in my wedding dress but is now a bonus that we have decided to TTC.

Any advice of what to do to be as healthy as possible would be fab!

Thank you : )
xx

You are getting married the same time as me!! I'm getting hitched on the 11th Sept 2010.

As for folic acid supplements, they recommend you start taking them 3 months before TTC to build up a good store in your body. You don't really need to take any other supplements as folic acid is the main one but you can purchase things like Pregnacare which have the reccommended amount of Folic Acid plus lots of other goodies like your vitamins, minerals and you can even get ones with omega 3 to help encourage brain development. Also go to your doctors to check you are immune to Rubella, since if you catch measles during pregnancy it can be fatal to baby. If you are not immune to Rubella they need to jab you and you need to wait 3 months after until TTC. (Or as my doctor advised me)

Hope this helps x

Congratulations! Sounds like 2010 will be an exciting year for you!
Getting fit and starting to take supplements asap won't hurt but do make sure you're not taking too much vitamin A or any omega 3 from fish oil when actually ttc. The healthiest thing you can do is trying to incorporate lots of veggies in your diet, especially green leafy ones (cabbage, spinach...). You still need to take folic acid, especially nearer the time, but this way you should be getting lots of essential goodness already.
Also, if you're on the pill I would come off now to allow your body to get 'back to normal'. Although some women go back to ovulating straight away, for some it can take up to a year, so now's the time. If you're interested in temp charting then that will give you a few month to get to know your body as well.
Happy 2010! ;)

Aww wow : ) how amazing we are getting married same day!! I am so excited about the wedding but cannot believe how quick its coming round!

Thank you so much for replies they are very helpful and I now know I am on the right track! :thumbup:

xxx

Congrats on the impending wedding and TTC afterwards. Nice to have you hear, hope the time passes quickly for you. Same advice as above about folic acid etc.. you can start taking it when you want to but at least 3 months before TTC.

Hey LilyPie, welcome back. Folic Acid police here :wave: BrunetteBimbo managed to pick up 2x180 tablet packs in Asda for 4 quid yesterday, so I highly recommend getting some of those badboys. The sooner you start taking them they'll be integral to your daily routine when you come to ttc (and when you get obsessed with temping and POASing every day you won't need to think too hard to remember the folic!) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->