wtf?? why

K

kelly29

well ladies, today went as expected:cry: my lo moaned all the way through lunch:cry: not sure why? teething? just when i want people to see she's not clingy on me 24/7 cause i bf:shrug: but no amount of offering boobie ,changed her mind:dohh: my mum's shitty comments, again about me bf and ( lets pass the parcel ( baby) its good for her kelly!!! my mum say's:cry: no its not :cry: she's quite clearly not happy as it is:cry: my mum then takes lo out of the curry house and sits outside on the bench where i could hear her screaming:cry::cry: i could of cried :cry: my hubby and bro said leave her to it :shrug: so i sat there, wanting to cuddle my baby, but no one would let me:shrug: its my fault she was crying btw, its cause she's so clingy cause i still bf?? i should be putting her on a bottle now shouldn't i??:growlmad: also everyone feels the need even my husband to try and give her food!!!! even though were not doing it yet?? wev'e had a slush puppy forced into her mouth, a bit of bread loads of things:cry: and when i say anything everyone thinks i'm being a DIV??:cry: my mum said she's worried about me as i seem to be a bit grumpy? tbh i don't like my dog that much at the mo as she's hairy:haha: and smelly:haha: but apart from the tiredness and having 3 other kids and a baby to take care of, i thought i was doing pretty well!!!! jeezzez thanks guys :(
sorry for the rant just needed to get it off my chest:cry:

:hugs: We didn't BF but Hannah's separation anxiety kicked in right around 4/4.5 months. No one could hold her but me or her daddy (she'd scream!) for months. It's a normal stage and a lot of babies do go through it :hugs:

:hugs: Sounds like you had a pretty crap mothers day lunch. You must be amazingly patient with your mum. If that was mine I would of took my LO back and left, how dare she be that horrible to you? It could be separation anxiety, but maybe its just that your LO loves to be with you, and no one else. Some babies are like that. Tell everyone to back off with there unsupportive comments about BF, its your decision how you feed, what you feed and when you feed. Sit down with your OH and tell him that all the negativity is making you feel like shit, and ask for some more support. Your doing the best for your baby, and you should be proud of yourself x

:hugs: i have had to put up with countless comments from MIL (who never bf) about how i could be sure baby was putting on weight (hmm 1/2-1lb a wk weight gain maybe!) amongst other things. please dont feel pressurised to stop bf. i allowed myself to be broken down with DS1 and gave him a bottle at 3months and it was just a slow slide to the end of bf after that. with DD and DS2 i have felt far more confident and no-one was going to stop me bf. at your LO age it could be teething or maybe she just didnt like the atmosphere she was in. stick to your guns hun, you're doing a great job :thumbup:

Seriously what is it with people? I have been told it's about time I put Naya 'on the bottle', well I am firstly aiming for 6, then 12 months so people can get lost!! :grr:

You are doing a fab job, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise :hugs: :hugs: xx

I understand your pain hun - my mum keeps asking why LO isn't having formula yet, and says things like "you'd know how much he was having then". I do know how much he gets - a boob's worth, and sometimes 2 boobs worth!

My dad is even worse and calls me the meanest mum in the whole world. Why? Because he wanted to get LO an Easter egg and I said no cos he won't even be 4 months old yet. He said so? I explained that I didn't want LO having chocolate til he was at least 1 year old (and probably more like 2!) cos it contains cows milk which isn't good for babies. I have my LO's health and well-being at heart and if that makes me the world's meanest mum then so be it! :haha:

Thankfully my OH is 100% supportive of me and BFing. Have a long chat with your OH (and by chat I mean rant about how he's making you feel!), and do the same with your mum, and hopefully that will sort things. In the meantime here's a :hugs: to cheer you up :)

Poor you hun, I think you need to have a word with your mum, baby will be able to pick up on your anxiety when you are around her too which may be adding to her clinginess?

I'd simply start by saying you don't want to fall out BUT then tell her exactly how she's making you feel and tell her she is making you more determined to carry on and that you will stop when you are ready to and not when you are told.

My mum thinks Evie doesn't need milk now :nope: but I've told her basically she's wasting her breath and no matter what she or anybody else says we are going to do it our way. She still chirps up with the odd thing when Evie is pulling at my top and head butting my boobs :haha: but I just ignore her and laugh it off.

Stick to your guns and they will eventually get the message!! :hugs:

oh kelly that sounds awful! 2 things for you to do - if your mum decides to walk off with your baby crying and not give her back, follow her and take control and take back your little one. Secondly, next time you get a lecture about bf, take out a booby and feed lo right there in front of everyone without saying a word. I can guarantee it'll stun them into silence. Stick to your guns hun, you're doing amazingly well x x

My dad hinted that since my LO seems to drink so much and hence looks hungry, that I should give him a bottle of formula before bedtime. I ignored his comment. There is nothing wrong with my breastmilk. In fact I have a freezer load of it stored up as extra since I'm producing like a cow. I have no need to supplement him with formula. My paediatrician says we're doing great with BF and my obgyn/FS has me on vitamins and supplements to make sure I get high quality breast milk. You should ignore all these family members who love to stick their noses in your business. Advice is fine but belittling your ability as a mother is uncalled for.

:hugs: I sympethise - my Dad tried to gove Ivy a mouthful of icecream last night - we had to have 'words' :growlmad:

icecream at 4 months :wacko: my sil wanted to do that with owen and i said well what's the benefit to him, it'd just be for us to see his face. :grr: i remember one time my MIL wanting to give dylan a twix :shock: i said no and went out the room and she did it anyway!!! :grr: and he was about 6 months old only!!!!! i couldnt believe the blatant disregard for my wishes as a parent :shock: i really like to think that when i have grandkids i'll respect the wishes of their parents even if i dont agree with them :wacko:

What rubbish comments!! Talk about support!!

You are doing amazingly well, esp with 3 others to run around after. You know what Maddie wants and needs and if that makes you a bad mum - what utter tosh!

Keep going!

I think your mums wrong :nope:
I breastfeed zach but he is not clingy to me at all :( he likes being with others

this is meant in a nice way..but shes probably just a clingy baby and obviously feels very safe with you..i dont think it has anything to do with the fact that you breastfeed or not..

Your doing brilliantly..dont let it get to you..some babies are just like that..i really dont think its your fault xxx

thank you so much ladies:flower: i knew you'd all agree with me!! its so tough though isn't it? when it seems most people are so quick to shoot you me (us) down, and then i start questioning myself it really does my head in:dohh: i really have struggled to bf and iv'e finally got it and seems everyone just wants to spoil it:cry: then when i say or do anything everyone jumps on me or give's me shitty looks like i'm being so over protective or so mother bear but i'm just trying to do right this time:shrug: i wish they would understand:growlmad: but thank you ladies :kiss::kiss::hugs::hugs: xx

:hugs: my lo is very clingy when he is teething
i dont get why people dont understand that sometimes all a baby wants is their mummy
dont listen to anyone else as your doing a great job :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->