wth? spitting on a hpt??

Loving_nature

Reaction score
My friend who is also TTC decided today to use saliva on those cheap walmart hpt....and she got a faint positive? I have never ever heard of this but how can she get a positive with just saliva?

I have never heard of this. How did she produce enough saliva to activate the test? Did she just continously spit into a cup?

From what I have googled so far, yes hcg can be found in your saliva but hpt's aren't meant for them and it would be likely just be faulty. But maybe? I suppose you could try it. I would want an actual pregnant person to do so just to see. It woudl be a neat experiment. A waste of a test, but neat.

I have never heard of this. How did she produce enough saliva to activate the test? Did she just continously spit into a cup?

From what I have googled so far, yes hcg can be found in your saliva but hpt's aren't meant for them and it would be likely just be faulty. But maybe? I suppose you could try it. I would want an actual pregnant person to do so just to see. It woudl be a neat experiment. A waste of a test, but neat.

Well the 88 cent ones from walmart just require 3 drops but I am very tempted try lol. She is going to get a clear blue digital tomorrow so we shall see

Ah cassette type. Yeah the dollar store one's here are like that too. Hmm. I would be interested to see a pic.

There was a company that came up with a patent on a saliva hpt. Not sure if it was ever made. But it did show up on the first page of Google.

Ah cassette type. Yeah the dollar store one's here are like that too. Hmm. I would be interested to see a pic.

There was a company that came up with a patent on a saliva hpt. Not sure if it was ever made. But it did show up on the first page of Google.

I could not resist and told my husband to buy 2 of those cheap hpts. We both spat on it and we are apparently both pregnant :haha: we both had had a good laugh.

Well curiosity has been satisfied!:thumbup:

Well they say that men have some hormone in them that can make a test positive. But are you sure you aren't? I may test this on our dollar store brands just after my next af when I know for sure the hcg is no longer in my system.

This is so interesting and kinda funny.

Well they say that men have some hormone in them that can make a test positive. But are you sure you aren't? I may test this on our dollar store brands just after my next af when I know for sure the hcg is no longer in my system.

This is so interesting and kinda funny.

They do??? LOL wow well I'm not sure if I am....im having all kinds of crazy symptoms like no period in 2 months, tired all the time, sore lower abdomen, sore breast and lactating! But all my hpt are BFN so I am all :wacko:

I just got gota new job and my health benefits don't kick in until 90 days.

My husband joked around that he was going to take his positive hpt and demand maternity leave :haha:

Loving nature - :rofl: that would be a sight to see with your hubby!

I think those Walmart cheapies are junk probably just the test. Last month I got a positive on them but I was actually preggo and got positives on other tests too but there have been months where I get faint lines on them and nothing on any others and have heard of a lot of people having faint lines on them that are false

Loving nature - :rofl: that would be a sight to see with your hubby!

I think those Walmart cheapies are junk probably just the test. Last month I got a positive on them but I was actually preggo and got positives on other tests too but there have been months where I get faint lines on them and nothing on any others and have heard of a lot of people having faint lines on them that are false

Yeah you get what you pay for right? Lol unfortunately for me I bought the first response and I still get :bfn::bfn::bfn:

So I'm planning to go to anylabtestnow and pay $50 for a blood test since my aunt never got a positive until she was 5 months preggo

That's crazy! I have heard of that though, hopefully you get your BFP!

I could not resist and told my husband to buy 2 of those cheap hpts. We both spat on it and we are apparently both pregnant :haha: we both had had a good laugh.

Well curiosity has been satisfied!:thumbup:

if a male has a positive pregnancy test it could be from testicular cancer, I read an article on it awhile back, id have him pee on one and if it is positive then I would get him to a dr.

I heard it was one guy on reddit that just happened to have cancer. A friend of mine peed on one and it came out positive but he doesn't have cancer.

So what ever came of this? Did it come out positive the regular way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->