wtt #1 in Dec/Jan

Hello everyone, I just joined this forum today as my DH finally agreed we can officially start TTC in January and I am so excited I need other people to talk to as I will drive DH crazy! it feels like ages away even though I know it's not!

Welcome to all the new ladies! I cannot believe it's the middle of September already! I hope time is flying by quickly for all of you.

Hi both! Eeek really is so exciting to think it's already the middle of September!

Welcome to the new girls!

It occurred to me today that if I (miraculously) fell pregnant on our first try, we could be on our way home from the hospital with baby this time next year. I just can't believe the wait is almost over!

Welcome to the new girls!

It occurred to me today that if I (miraculously) fell pregnant on our first try, we could be on our way home from the hospital with baby this time next year. I just can't believe the wait is almost over!

I know, isn't it crazy! I was thinking the same only the other day! Or be heavily pregnant and about to go into labour!

This time in 3 months I'll be coming to the end of my first tww and could be just about to get my bfp (fingers crossed!)

yup, it's starting to feel super close, the closer it gets the more I freak out a little bit! 2 months until my wedding 3 months until I come off BC

I'm going off BC in Dec after my last break through bleed - I would like to go off at the end of Nov but as I will be on honeymoon and planning to drink I wouldn't want to risk getting pregnant by accident and then worry about any harm I may have done to the baby! Come Dec though (I'm not a big drinker anyway) I'm going to be completely dry, it will be interesting to try to make my excuses at various xmas functions though! (I might say I'm on a course of antibiotics or drink juice and lie and say I put some vodka in there! We don't want to announce to everyone we are ttc)

Are others going off BC in Nov or even earlier or are you waiting till Dec too?

It's so excitingly close, I come off end of November I'll have finished my bleed and be ready to ttc Dec 5th.

It's exciting to see so many new people joining us as our date gets closer, especially for those if us who have been here for years just waiting..

It's nice to read through these threads! December feels so close but yet so far! This year has flown by though!!! Will be coming off bc on the 7th December and after my breakthrough bleed seizing every opportunity to bd! It'll be a good season as DH and I will both be on holiday for a couple of weeks- so lots of BD is on the cards. 😁😁😁

Same here, Sunshine Star, I should be ovulating just before Christmas and OH and I will be on holidays at that time! It'll be the perfect time for fun between the sheets.
:)

I just found out today that the post grad study I wanted to do next year is all double semester papers. i had been hoping to complete half of my post grad dip while pregnant and then finish it the following year after baby was born and we were in a routine. (In NZ our academic year goes Feb-Nov) but now that I find all the papers are double semester I can't complete half the post grad dip, as even being a part-time student, the papers would have to be completed over the whole year, which if I start ttc in Dec, as I had planned, and I got pregnant straight away means I would have a baby right at the most crucial part of the academic year, rendering all the money, time and effort worthless as I would get a DNC on my academic transcript.

So here is my dilemma. I put off TTC until March - that way if got pregnant straight away I could complete my post grad dip while pregnant, or I keep to plan and see what happens, if I get pregnant before March I can pull out of the course without academic or financial penalty OR I can go get a full-time job, since I have exams in a few weeks, and put off my career change/post grad study until my kid is a toddler.

Best laid plans, aye. Feeling pretty down about all this tbh. My brain tells me waiting til March before TTC really is the smart thing to do, it's only and extra few months - heart says extra few months will feel like FOREVER! Especially when you have been looking forward to a date and then pushing it back makes it even harder to cope. Spiritual side of me says - let the universe decide, if you get pregnant straight away - then you have back up plan and if it happens after March -then all good!

I feel so conflicted.

What you ladies do?

Hi again nzkiwi!

How important to you is it that you complete your course immediately? Would you be happy putting it off until your baby is a bit older?
That being said i don't think it's a good idea to put your whole life on hold while ttc. I'm sure it will happen quickly for you but if it took a little longer you would have nothing else to focus on and might regret not doing the course.

Are you able to suspend your course partway through and then pickup where you left off, rather than dropping out all together if you get pregnant?
I think i would leave it up to the universe to decide and continue with Dec as a ttc date and keep your course. Then deal with whatever came up.

Otherwise once Dec is here 3 months to March isn't that long, but I know how you feel and personally I would not be putting it off anymore as we have come so far! Plus if it can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive it could work out fine with the timings anyway.

Thanks Jaspie

Unfortunately the way the papers are set up (double semester) I can't suspend my study. But yeah me and my partner have decided to let the universe decide and just go with the flow. If we get pregnant straight away than so be it, if not, then I get to do both, have baby and finish my study!

I may be the only person on this whole forum who wants it to take longer to actually conceive!! As my cycles are at the moment we won't actually be starting until Jan (but going off BC in late Dec)

Good for you for making a decision nzkiwi!

How is everyone? We are away the next 2 weekends, then my mum is visiting 1st Nov then we have a 30th birthday the following week and then it is only 3weeks til December! The way my cycles fall atm means I'm not fertile until 12th December which is quite annoying but I am telling myself it is just a few extra days! I'm so impatient haha!

Kiwi - glad you decided to stick with us! I'm taking a similar approach as you...I just recently got a promotion at work and I momentarily considered putting off TTC as well, but I've also ultimately decided to go with "what will be will be". You're not the only one!

Jaspie, sounds like these next few weeks will fly by for you! Hope you enjoy your weekends away and your mum's visit. I also have a few things going on over the next month or two that will keep me distracted until December - birthday parties, Halloween fun, a weekend with my parents, etc.

I've been doing quite well these days, happily daydreaming about babies and the future. It's all sort of been hampered by a 15 DAY period though! Ugh. I'm not sure what's causing it, but AF has been with me for two weeks. Tomorrow will be day 16. I'm hoping it's a one-off, otherwise I'll have to see my doctor about it.

Hope all of you ladies have a nice day tomorrow, and remember, not too much longer before it's our turn!!!! :)

Christmas is 10 weeks today. There's a tiny chance that if I ovulate anything up to about cd14 then I'll be doing my first test at Christmas.unlikely but a bfp would be the best Xmas present ever!

Great to see you have lots to keep you busy too Leggiero and congratulations on the promotion!!
Oh spicy a Christmas bfp would be fab! If I got pregnant in December I'd get my bfp just before nye! We are making plans for nye now and i can't help but think what if!

Same here jaspie, we've booked our weekend away over Christmas and I'm acutely aware that I will either be ovulating or in my first TWW at that time!!

In other news, feeling quite jealous today since one of my girlfriends just had her third baby, a precious little girl. I also spent the day with my 7-month old God son. Im just feeling so ready to TTC today!! While seeing my friends have babies does make me envious, it also makes it all seem less scary. Hurry up, Christmas!!!!

Know how your feel my boss is due in April and watching her belly grow I'm trying not to have a serious case of green eyed monster especially as it's her #2 and she"doesn't enjoy being pregnant" -bring on the sickness I say, I can't wait even for the bad bits!((is that wierd??)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->