wtt #1 in Dec/Jan

How is everybody doing these days? We've had a bout of horrible stormy weather and the only thing keeping me smiling is the thought that TTC is

...whoops...so excited I hit "reply" prematurely. ;)
I meant to say TTC is only just over a MONTH away. It's incredible.

I know, i can't believe it's nearly here. In 2 days we'll be able to say we're ttc next month!!

Had a very busy October and can't believe how quickly it's gone. Had lots of holiday from work so for the next few weeks i am back to doing full weeks again boooo! Hope November passes as quickly!

I'm on my final break week before my last packet of pills, I have a headache, I always do, I do worry that it will be worse during a proper period but I'm hoping I don't get too many of them before my bfp

Leggiero congrats on the promotion

And woohoo it's Nov!:happydance: Can't believe it. This next few months will pass fast with all the holiday events and prep (i'm starting ttc at end of Dec start if Jan)

I think this wait feels like it's been soooo long but then I think this is probably nothing on the waiting to take the pregnancy test, I reckon those few weeks waiting to see if AF arrives will be painstaking, those few weeks will feel like a lifetime, as will the actual waiting on the little lines to appear on the test itself!

I'm getting married in just over two weeks and then off on honeymoon - that's how my Nov is passing. I'm excited to see you all over on the TTC boards in Dec!!

Good luck to the ones trying next month or January. :flower:

Thanks so much tverb!!

And congrats yourself Kiwi - Im sure your November will be so lovely! Where are you spending your honeymoon?

I have to swing by the pharmacy tomorrow to pick up some more vitamins and I'm fighting the urge to buy some HPTs while I'm at it. I just can't help it, I already feel like the count down is over!!

Thanks Tverb! I know Leggiero i am trying hard not to buy hpts off amazon this month!

I'm too scared in case it some how jinxes it like buying opks seems to have

Thanks, I'm off to Thailand for 9 days :plane:

I have one HPT in the medicine cabinet from a scare a few months ago (is scare the right word? probably not - a scare was what I had in my early 20s when I wasn't ready for a baby!) every time I open the cabinet I see it and think how I can't wait to use it! But yes I'm a bit superstitious like you Spicy, so I wouldn't go and purchase one until I needed it otherwise.

Wow Thailand is a place I would so love to see! What an incredible way to spend your honeymoon.

I managed to walk away from the HPTs at the pharmacy today - if I had bought one, I probably literally would have gone home and tried it today and then felt a completely nonsensical rush of disappointment when it was negative. Haha. You girls are right...best to wait until we're officially TTC.

Enjoy Thailand! Very jealous, it's all windy and rainy here! By the time you come back it'll be halfway through November :happydance:

Also not buying tests til next month! Will be a nice thing to do at the start of Dec while I'm waiting to ovulate anyway.

OH bought some Wellman Conception vitamins last night!

Thanks, it will actually be Dec when I get back! and then we will all be in the TTC forums:thumbup: I had a look in some of them the other day and then freaked myself out a bit haha
I'm scared, nervous and excited for all of us on this journey!

Oh also - are any of you going to tell people you are TTC or just keep it on the down low?

We have told our parents and my 2 best friends. Nobody else knows, however we've pushed it up a month so starting this month and haven't told anyone so would be amazing to get a bfp on the first try as everyone would be surprised because they don't know we've started! The ttc boards are pretty scary haha there's lots going on there and threads move so quickly! See you over there very soon guys!

Oh also - are any of you going to tell people you are TTC or just keep it on the down low?

One or two people know we are "thinking about it in the New year" but not telling family anything and won't be telling anyone that we are actually ttc.

I hope it does happen first try for everyone! I'm about to head off for my last ever exam (can't wait for it to be over!)

I have only told my best friend and a few work mates who aren't in my social circle but who I am close too.

I used to be very anti child, convinced I never wanted any, so my change of heart will probably get a bit of backlash (worst case) or will just really surprise people. I just hope no one expects me to explain myself or does the whole "told you so" routine. It's my life and I'm entitled to change my mind, in saying that I think I'm just gonna imply it's a (happy) accident just so I don't have to justify it to people, really I shouldn't have to but it's not how people work is it? I struggled with this decision for the last year, given how I used to feel about children, I felt like my body was betraying me but then I just thought, you know, the heart wants what it wants, why deny yourself something just to save face or prove a point. I haven't vocalised my internal struggle, except with my fiance and best friend, and tbh it really got me down even having that struggle, I don't want to relive it to 'friends' on FB etc who might feel the need to say "Oh I thought you didn't want kids" and then bring down my happy news, but then again maybe I'm being pessimistic I'm sure most people will have to much grace to say that (at least to my face - I don't mind if they think it!) Regretting ever thinking I didn't want children! I also think it was a knee jerk reaction to people who expected/asked when me and fiance were having them - I mean, why assume and how is it your business? It's more complicated that people would guess so I am nervous about it, I do tend to be a worrier though!

We have told our parents and my 2 best friends. Nobody else knows, however we've pushed it up a month so starting this month and haven't told anyone so would be amazing to get a bfp on the first try as everyone would be surprised because they don't know we've started! The ttc boards are pretty scary haha there's lots going on there and threads move so quickly! See you over there very soon guys!

Happy to hear you are starting this month!!!!!!!!!!! good luck :dust:

NZKiwi everyone will probably assume it was an accident even if you don't tell them it was but unless you have harsh friends I would imagine everyone would be delighted when you announce.... If a little surprised

You are probably right Spicy. I have a tendency to over think things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->