WTT #1 March 2017 and looking for WTT Buddies!

swedengirl

Reaction score
Hi All!

I am 27 and have been with my OH for nearly 7 years. I have been baby mad from the start but the baby fever really kicked in 2 years ago . However, up until about a year ago we have not been in the situation we wanted for a baby and my OH was not feeling ready (he is 29).

However, in the last year we bought our own home, and got our dream jobs. Wahoo! Then to top it off- the baby discussion we have been having monthly for the last year turned into "I am ready but want a few months to settle into my job" from my OH "but let's start trying in March 2017"! So I HAVE A DATE!

So I am officially WTT! So currently I feel like I have won the lottery but also now that baby is a tiny bit closer I feel I am getting impatient....

SO. I have decided to put my energy into getting my body in tip top shape for pregnancy! Hopefully that directed energy will make the wait feel shorter and I wont lose my mind!

So anybody in a similar situation and feel like being a buddy?! Would love a WTT Buddy!

Also any tips on things to do when preparing to conceive?

hey, so I found your thread! :) Turns out we're the same age and in very similar situations (hubby and I both just finished our degrees, moved and started work, too!). I totally get the "now it's closer I feel more impatient" - it's the same for me!

I'm not sure I have any tipps for waiting... I try to distract myself, but it's not working very well XD

Nice to have someone in such a similar situation!

What vitamins etc are you taking? I am taking a standard women's multivitamin (with the right amount of folic acid) and also omega three.

Also going back to your post in the other thread. I think your cycles should be normal by March. You have a few cycles to see and also good your charting now to see if they are becoming regular!

I had my gynecologist check my immunisations and asked her if she recommended anything else as I wait, so she said to start taking a folic acid supplement 3 months prior. I'm taking folio forte+. I'd be careful with a regular multi vitamin as she told me some of those don't contain the right combination for you to absorb all the folic acid, or can contain harmful/dangerous amounts of other vitamins (especially E and K) for early pregnancy - but obviously, go with what your doctor tells you specifically!

Thank you, I really hope they become regular soon... I just have this irrational worry that maybe something is not alright and I'd only notice now :S Probably silly, but I can't shake it.

Hello!

I am also WTT for #1! Husband and I have agreed on March 2017. March suddenly seems so far away!

x

Hi Hersheybar!

It is crazy how far it seems away right?

Are you doing any preparing for TTC?

Taking vitamins and trying to exercise more/ doing yoga (been looking into fertility yoga!)
I am taking a standard multivitamin, hadn't realised about the levels of other vitamins so I must look into changing to prenatals before TTC!

Taking vitamins and trying to exercise more/ doing yoga (been looking into fertility yoga!)
I am taking a standard multivitamin, hadn't realised about the levels of other vitamins so I must look into changing to prenatals before TTC!

Yea I didn't know this either. But I take multivitamins that say on the package that they are for people TTC or who are pregnant. However, maybe I should look in to this some more...

Fertility yoga, how does that differ from normal yoga? Sounds super interesting and would be really keen to hear more!

I came across some videos on YouTube and then gave it a google. This is what a website said...
'Fertility yoga uses key yoga poses that help to nurture, support and strengthen the endocrine and reproductive system. Your endocrine system is essential for proper hormonal balance, so using fertility yoga poses that promote healthy endocrine function is just as important as using poses that support the reproductive system as well.'
All I know is that it involves being a lot more flexible than I currently am haha! Anything fertility or pregnancy related that I can do between now or March I am willing to do, probably because it's a distraction! A friend of mine has decided to try for a baby starting this month, I am happy for her but also feel so jealous!

Oh I will totally look into that!

I am wanting to get more into yoga as heard it does wonders for helping with giving birth. So why not get started for improving fertility!

Hi swedengirl, you're story sounds very similar to mine!

I'm 27 and WTT, my husband is 39 and we got married this year in August. Currently in the process of buying our own home, but if all goes well we should hopefully me in our new home February/March time - very excited as we currently live in a rented flat! Our landlords are lovely, but there's no green space and we've outgrown it - that and you can't really put your own stamp on what's not yours.

I have a beautiful stepson who is 6 and who is my absolute world, but due to how my husband was treated by his ex, he has been very hesitant in trying for another baby, but we have both agreed we will try early 2017 March-May time.

I've also recently started my dream job at my current company, the flexibility and the extra money is certainly helping with saving! After nearly 4 years of things being really difficult for us, it's nice to feel like things are starting to work out.

I'm generally quite a healthy person, but I need to do a bit of work on my eating (again) and seeing as I have a qualitification in nutrition and health I should probably know better! :haha:

I've recently been diagnosed with B12 aneamia, so I've not been able to do high intensity excercise properly for a while (used to be a runner), but I have managed to keep up my yoga!

I do however find it hard to relax, so that's on the top of my list to learn to do!

I'm hoping trying and getting pregnant will go smoothly, but I am one of life's worriers so we shall see!

Lots of baby dust to you! :dust:

I've also ideally got to wait until Feb, as I'm on super duper strength folate tables :/

Hi swedengirl, you're story sounds very similar to mine!

I'm 27 and WTT, my husband is 39 and we got married this year in August. Currently in the process of buying our own home, but if all goes well we should hopefully me in our new home February/March time - very excited as we currently live in a rented flat! Our landlords are lovely, but there's no green space and we've outgrown it - that and you can't really put your own stamp on what's not yours.

I have a beautiful stepson who is 6 and who is my absolute world, but due to how my husband was treated by his ex, he has been very hesitant in trying for another baby, but we have both agreed we will try early 2017 March-May time.

I've also recently started my dream job at my current company, the flexibility and the extra money is certainly helping with saving! After nearly 4 years of things being really difficult for us, it's nice to feel like things are starting to work out.

I'm generally quite a healthy person, but I need to do a bit of work on my eating (again) and seeing as I have a qualitification in nutrition and health I should probably know better! :haha:

I've recently been diagnosed with B12 aneamia, so I've not been able to do high intensity excercise properly for a while (used to be a runner), but I have managed to keep up my yoga!

I do however find it hard to relax, so that's on the top of my list to learn to do!

I'm hoping trying and getting pregnant will go smoothly, but I am one of life's worriers so we shall see!

Lots of baby dust to you! :dust:

Hey Mudgymoo!

Yes we seem in very similar places!

It is so hard to wait now- I can't wait for 2017 to come. I am trying to tell myself that we have been waiting for years for things to fall into place and they finally have but now I just want to get on to baby making!

Exciting that you are hoping to buy your own home! Have you put an offer on something or still looking around? It is so nice to have your own place and be able to do what you want with it. I spend so much time in our guest room that will hopefully be a nursery soon dreaming on what it will be!

Now christmas is over I need to get on my healthy eating. Thinking about making some sweet potato soups and heard they are awesome for fertility! Also need to get my running shoes out and get back in to that.

Baby dust to all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"