WTT#2 but feeling unsure

ktod

Reaction score
I know I definitely want number 2 in my life plan (I'd even like number 3) but I'm finding it much more scary than WTT#1

We knew we were going to TTC#1 a year after our wedding and it was so exciting setting the date and WTT. We have sort of planned to TTC#2 in August but it's not set in stone.

But WTT#2 is so different. I feel LO is so little and needs so much from us, it would be unfair on him to bring in another child. I worry what will happen to my job after mat leave and what I'll do about childcare (that really is a bit mental since I'm not even TTC yet!) I worry how much harder it could potentially be with 2 little children.

I know I'm overthinking everything but it's hard not to!

I know I definitely want number 2 in my life plan (I'd even like number 3) but I'm finding it much more scary than WTT#1

We knew we were going to TTC#1 a year after our wedding and it was so exciting setting the date and WTT. We have sort of planned to TTC#2 in August but it's not set in stone.

But WTT#2 is so different. I feel LO is so little and needs so much from us, it would be unfair on him to bring in another child. I worry what will happen to my job after mat leave and what I'll do about childcare (that really is a bit mental since I'm not even TTC yet!) I worry how much harder it could potentially be with 2 little children.

I know I'm overthinking everything but it's hard not to!

I can understand where you're coming from. I felt the same way about WTT#2 - I wanted a second child, but we had such a perfect little family of 3 and I wasn't sure about the dynamics when having a second and how I could have another baby when my DD1 was so young. I did feel guilty even when becoming pregnant, but the guilt didn't last long. We were excited about #2, but I was so nervous how I would be with TWO :wacko:

I have to say, that it's been easier than I thought. :thumbup: The first week I was in shock. I was thinking "OMG, I have TWO kids now...will I ever have a moment's peace"?. It took me 3-4 weeks to get into a routine, but my DD1 has been amazing and very understanding. I'm still able to give my DD1 a ton of attention as well as my DD2, we even go out (myself & the kids) to stores, play groups, etc. It requires a bit more organization and patience to take the two out, but it's definitely doable.

In regards to childcare, it was just cheaper for me to stay at home. Child care costs are ridiculous where I live and I'd only be bringing a small amount home in the end. Good luck to you!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->