WTT #2 but feeling very broody!

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
We're currently waiting to try for a brother or sister for our nearly 2 year old. We are getting married in 6 months and currently looking to buy a house before the wedding, so we have very good reasons to wait... But I'm so broody! I swear everyone I know is pregnant too which doesn't help. It's only 7 months til we can TTC which I know is nothing, but I'm so excited! And OH is too! We never got to TTC before as Micah was a (wonderful) surprise, and it took some adjusting to especially for OH so I'm really really excited to actually plan a baby and have OH excited when I tell him rather than terrified!

Anyone else WTT number 2 and have a similar wait? I'd love to have a WTT buddy. :)

yes my son is 2 in november and we want to have a brother or sister for him next year so plans are in the making now for stopping the pill next month and TTC december/Jan. I am excited about doing it all again. It took 3 months of TTC after 6 months of NTNP but not sure if it will be quicker this time as i am on a progesterone only pill and not combined pill. i just finished breastfeeding about a month ago (much to my sons disapproval) so not sure if that will muck up the hormones a bit too.

It's so exciting isn't it! I'm on the combined pill at the moment and probably won't stop it until our wedding or that month as I reeeally don't want to be pregnant on my wedding day! So it might take longer this time I guess. I am really really hoping we get pregnant soon after the wedding though as I personally don't want a 4 year age gap, 3.5 years is a bit big for me as it is. Good luck with your TTC, December isn't far away at all!

yes i agree that not being pregnant on your wedding day would be better! You want to be able to enjoy the honeymoon without sickness and also have a drink maybe!! I went off the pill the day after my honeymoon (as AF started) and didnt want to conceive for at least 3 months so my body could get rid of the pill hormones. Everyone is different though. I have been to plenty of weddings where the bride is sporting a gorgeous baby bump!

Hi ladies! We are WTT no 2 also. We are hoping to start ttc in jan when DD will be 9 months as we would like a small age gap.

I absolutely can't wait!! Feeling sooo broody right now!

Only sticking point for me is that I am still BFing and no period as yet so desperately hoping AF returns by Christmas! Never thought I would be glad to see AF.

Angel how exciting about your upcoming wedding, I'm sure all the planning will make wtt much more bearable!

Will be nice to chat with you all over the next few months of waiting!

Hi,

I had been hoping to start trying for number 2 next month, but had a set back which means that we will inevitably be pushed back in our plans. OH and I am hoping to start the 9 mth journey April/May time.

I am completely surrounded by adorable babies and so broody I swear that my ovaries are about to explode! I don't use hormonal b/c as it plays hell with my system and if I thought that this month was bad, I'll be a wreck next month, am dreading it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my little man (aged 16mths) to pieces, I just want him to have a brother or sister to grow up with and a baby who will accept cuddles from me (DS is a very independent little boy!)

Angel, a wedding is much more of an exciting reason to be WTT and I agree that after saying your vows, you need a quick sip of something! lol

I'm hoping that I can keep a little part of my sanity through chatting on here and save my DH's sanity at the same time!

I'm hoping to ttc for #3 (2nd pregnancy) early next year, dh is a little apprehensive though so may be later.
I agree, enjoy the wedding first. A honeymoon baby would be really nice.

My son is 1 this week... I cannot believe it!!! He is still nursing so no AF yet but as my dh put it, I am baby crazy. Lol I am excited

We intend to start ttc no 2 from January 2015 (although not trying sooner is becoming a bit of a struggle). My daughter will be 3 in november and I am desperate for a little brother or sister for her. Our reason to wait has been purely financial as I am desperate to extend our family. Evie will love it I think, she is so loving to her cousin and any other babies we come into contact with. We aren't using any bc at all, just pulling out and that isn't based on anything scientific (we aren't avoiding ov or anything) and the last couple of times we bd'd we really struggled with that. I know that I want to wtt to give us a better chance financially but at the same time my broodiness is wanting to make me just go for it. I think as well the knowledge that conceiving dd took so long I feel that if the same happened again she'd be 6/7 and I don't want such a large gap. It's not long til Jan I know, I just wish it would come sooner!

We intend to start ttc no 2 from January 2015 (although not trying sooner is becoming a bit of a struggle). My daughter will be 3 in november and I am desperate for a little brother or sister for her. Our reason to wait has been purely financial as I am desperate to extend our family. Evie will love it I think, she is so loving to her cousin and any other babies we come into contact with. We aren't using any bc at all, just pulling out and that isn't based on anything scientific (we aren't avoiding ov or anything) and the last couple of times we bd'd we really struggled with that. I know that I want to wtt to give us a better chance financially but at the same time my broodiness is wanting to make me just go for it. I think as well the knowledge that conceiving dd took so long I feel that if the same happened again she'd be 6/7 and I don't want such a large gap. It's not long til Jan I know, I just wish it would come sooner!

I understand that 'lets just go for it' urge all too well, its an absolute wrench to have to take steps to stop, when everything you want is possible at that very moment, if you just roll the dice. Is absolutely horrible and I hate myself every time I say, 'no hang on a minute', but am having to think about the consequences, it helps thinking that I'm not doing it for a chance to go out drinking at a party or something, I'm doing it for the bigger picture, thinking about DS really helps put it into perspective, though it still sucks that everything isn't just so, right now.

P.s. I'm not in anyway suggesting that a wedding and honeymoon are equivalent to a night on the town, they are big events and it would be awful to feel rotten on what is a big lifetime event - just before anyone suggests that I am making that link.

I understand that 'lets just go for it' urge all too well, its an absolute wrench to have to take steps to stop, when everything you want is possible at that very moment, if you just roll the dice. Is absolutely horrible and I hate myself every time I say, 'no hang on a minute', but am having to think about the consequences, it helps thinking that I'm not doing it for a chance to go out drinking at a party or something, I'm doing it for the bigger picture, thinking about DS really helps put it into perspective, though it still sucks that everything isn't just so, right now.

P.s. I'm not in anyway suggesting that a wedding and honeymoon are equivalent to a night on the town, they are big events and it would be awful to feel rotten on what is a big lifetime event - just before anyone suggests that I am making that link.

No one thinks you think that. A wedding is so special and stressful in itself, not to mention expensive that it's natural to want to enjoy it with something bubbly in hand.

I'm so pleased it's not just me who feels like just going for it. The only thing that is slightly putting me off ttc now is that we have booked a family holiday next summer with dhs family and the thought of that with a very young baby and a lively toddler fills me with dread. I like being able to find my feet before the scrutiny of being with someone else's family 24/7. Think I'd rather be pregnant than newly not.

we will be ttc no.2 in jan super broody have been since jan this year and to make matters worse my sister is expecting due early jan , we only waiting as wanted at least a 3yr gap and dd will be 3 in april , everywhere i go i see baby oh so stubborn and wont even consider ttc in dec instead of jan but stopping my pill dec to give my body a chance to get pill out of system hoping no.2 is easier then dd as she took a year to conceive due to pcos

Im the same hun! We are WTT till after out wedding which is in 9months! our daughter will be turning 3 in the july too :)

Hey there! :wave: :flower:

We are also WTT for #2 until at least after our wedding but it will be more likely that we will wait for an extra year after our wedding. If we TTC as soon as we possibly can we will have about a 2 and a half year age gap at the smallest. I'm hoping for no more than a 4 year age gap at the largest (if it takes us longer than expected to conceive but I don't think that should be a problem as DS was unplanned and we only DTD once for that entire month). My wait may be a bit longer than yours, but it's definitely similar. :D

We are wtt until 2016 :( DD1 is only 9 months old and i am already so so broody! Would love her to grow up with a brother or sister close in age however I have just returned to study after a year out to have my daughter soo i must finish this time haha then will have to be working for at least 6 months before falling pregnant to be entitled to maternity pay so id be looking at an age gap of at least 3 years 11 months providing I am successful in getting a job straight away and fall pregnant as soon as we ttc (unlikely) I sooo want an age gap of 2 years tho! :-k

I know how you feel about all your friends being pregnant! It seems every day at the moment there is another 'announcement'. Don't get me wrong I am so happy for them all, it's just making me question my decision to wtt until January.

Shortly after Charlotte was born we agreed we'd ttc in January 14, then I got an awesome surprise promotion at work even though returning part-time, and didn't want to announce in April I was pregnant again as I wouldn't have yet got the buy in from my new team, so we thought wtt until June 2014.....

Until one of my bet friends said she was getting married in Santorini in Aug 2014. We thought what's a couple more months, as I wouldn't handle that heat if I had a first tri like first time round. So we started trying in August and September but didn't get caught :(

As neither of us ideally want a summer-born baby for a multitude of reasons, we agreed if it didn't work in September we would book a dream holiday in January to Disneyworld followed by a Caribbean Cruise for Charlotte's 2nd birthday, which would put a silver lining on no bfp - which it did, sooooo excited to see her little face.

When we booked it I thought January was only a few months off. Until all the pregnancy announcements started - there's been about 5 in the last 2 weeks. Now i'm questioning my decision hmm. Just need to remember Christmas will be here before I know it, then an amazing holiday, then we can get back to it - according to calendar I'll o/v last day of holiday, got fingers crossed for a quick bfp! Hope everyone here gets their bfp's soon after ttc xxx

Argh I'm finding it so hard to wait right now! OH is beginning to talk about when the new baby is here, we're part way through buying a house and he refers to the extra bedroom as 'baby's room', I really can't get excited about the wedding even though there's lots I need to be doing because I just think of it as an obstacle to having another baby!

We are also wtt until we exchange on our new house. I am finding it sooo hard as I work with babies so am surrounded by them reminding me how cute they are! However fingers crossed we will exchange in the next two weeks.....I just hope its before the 30th which is when I expect to ov next :haha:

We started ttc #2 last month but have put it on hold as we've decided to buy a house. It would be too much dealing with the stress of house buying and ttc at the same time or having morning sickness. I'm really impatient though as for months I was waiting to try until September and now I have to wait longer!

Having said that I've been awake since 1am with LO. If he doesn't go to sleep soon I might change my mind about giving him a sibling!

Hi ladies. I am very broody and my son is not even 6 months. I want them fairly close in age but....I have to go back to work first in order to get maternity leave for the second child so I think we're going to be wtt for about 6 months. I'll probably go back to work at the beginning of March and we'll start trying whenever I start a new cycle after that. My cycles are all messed up from being on the pill for three years before having my son although it has gotten better in the last 3 months since I started menstruating again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->