Wtt #2 dilemma!

Catonthetown

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Having a dilemma about when to start ttc #2......given the choice I don't want more than a 3yr gap (so ttc by April next yr) so they can be fairly close in age but I just can't decide when to start!!
We were fairly lucky with #1 in that it only took 3mths tc but there's no guarantee it would be so quick again.
DS is also quite a handful on his own at the moment but then you've got to add 9mths to that when he's going to be more developed.
Anyone else having a similar dilemma?!! :baby:

My dilemma is more about not wanting to wait too long, not wanting to affect breastfeeding, and wanting it to line up with summer break (I'm a teacher). I'm going to aim for it being a few months before summer break, but who knows when I'll conceive. Regardless of when I conceive, I get 12 weeks maternity leave which is more than I took with my first. It would just be really nice for those 12 weeks to be right before summer break which is a month long. Then with the breastfeeding dilemma, I'll just have to make compromises there if I want to have this next kid anytime soon. If I wait another month and then nurse while pregnant, I should be able to get her most of the way to two. Hopefully the weaning process (if she does wean off breast milk) will be smooth and natural.

Wow! I could have written your post myself, almost word for word. My DS is about 17 months and I want an age gap of less than three years between him and #2. I'm a SAHM and OH is thinking of getting a new job, so things are a bit up in the air in that respect. We don't want to leave it too long, but OH wants to sort the job situation before TTC. I think we're currently aiming to TTC from Jan 2015, hopefully won't take too long to get pregnant! When do you think you will start?

Well it will probably be towards the end of the year now ttc similar to yourself as we are going abroad in September and don't really want to be expecting then (Was 9 weeks with first last time so was bit stressed out!).......really want one next year........so hard to decide!!

Good luck on your decision. How exciting!!!

I have a three year gap between my two kids and I'm finding it has a lot of advantages. My dd was a handful too at your son's age, and by the time she was 3 she had mellowed to the point where I could see things working out. She's still a handful, but not nearly as needy as she was during her two's. It's also good because the older child is just old enough to understand what it means to have a sibling and to be just as excited about it as you. But then, they're also still young enough to the younger child to play and be close.

I don't think you can go wrong with whatever month you choose to start.

Honestly I am having a similar dilemma. I can't decide if I want to start trying next year for a two year age gap or the year after for a 3 year age gap (that would be the latest I would want to go though). I know that there are a lot of advantages to having a 3 year age gap vs a 2 year age gap, but I'm so broody now as it is I feel like I can barely wait another 11 months to start trying, let alone 1 year and 11 months. :wacko:

I'm also considering trying around DS's 2nd birthday in September 2015 instead of June 2015. This would be because my DF just took a new teaching job and will be having the summers off, so I thought it might be nice to have a baby in June or July instead of March or April so that he could be there at home with me for the newborn stage. Most likely I will probably TTC in June anyway since that gives us more time for the window that we're hoping to give birth in if we don't conceive straight away, but I'll present September as an option to DF if it's still not ready in June.

Yeah I'm getting so broody now! just come off the pill again so I can get track my cycles for a while and get my body back into a regular cycle 😊
I best get that folic acid back out the cupboard!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->