WTT #2 March/April 2014

shterr612

Reaction score
I thought I was going to have to pester hubby on trying sooner than later, but he actually brought it up and we agreed upon spring 2014! Anyone else trying around then?

Us, but I think you meant to put 2014 on your title ;)
I think we may start trying in April 2014 at the earliest, I guess we'll see how we both feel at that point. Physically I feel ready for another pregnancy, but it's more financially, work, and if I can afford another homebirth or not that remains to be seen.

Yes, we are! We're off to China and Hong Kong in April and we want to start TTC whilst we are there :)

Sort of me! We are unofficially ttc from January (technically NTNP but as I know when I am fertile I think I will be more ttc than NTNP!) but from April when my Emilia (great name choice by the way lol) turns one we will be going for gold so to speak lol!

Awesome! Yes, great name! Fun tgat we will be on the same timeline for #2 with the same names for #1! :) We will be pretty similar. We will be on condoms only and my guess is hubs will get lazy about grabbing them, so NTNP to an extent, but when April comes, more TTC.

We are the same, at the moment I'm being really vigilant about condoms right now but df would not bother if he had the option (he's ready to ttc already but doesn't think of the practicalities!). So after Christmas I'll probably relax about it and not bother lol. I'm wanting a vbac so that's why I'm trying my hardest to wait til after Christmas so I'll feel better with a bigger gap!

Can't say I'm thrilled about the thought of being heavily pregnant in summer though (assuming I'd be lucky enough to fall pregnant quite quickly!).

We were having a contraception discussion last night as we are currently using condoms although DH hates them. Now I've finished taking warfarin and once I've had my gallbladder op we've decided we will use the pull out method until April which is when we will actively start TTC. DH's exact words last night were "if it happens it happens" with a big smiley face. I think he's ready to start trying now (and my heart wants to) but my head rules that financially it would be better to wait until April, and I also don't want to be pregnant on that long flight to China! I've had a PE before and I don't want to raise my risk of getting another!!

Your dh sounds just like mine purple specs too! He wants to get ttc'ing already but I know it will be better if I go back to work first and then get pregnant again lol! At least then I will be at work again for at least 6 months before going on maternity again!

Isn't it funny how with baby #1, OHs seem to always be the practical ones and wanting to wait for financial reasons, etc while we are all ready to rock... And then the tables seem to turn a little with #2? I feel like I'm being the more rational one this time, haha!

I wish I could say that was the case with us too but my df isn't practical at all! He was ready and raring to go first time we ttc, again it was me putting it off lol! But then that's what our relationship is like, I'm the logical practical one (or the spoil sport as I'm sure I will come to be known by df and our children) and he's the easy going laid back dreamer (or the fun parent lol). But they say opposites attract lol!

I keep going through phases of thinking we should wait longer and then flipping and wanting to start now!!! I know we deffo can't start now because I don't want to be starting back work being 4 months pregnant! I have a feeling they wouldn't be very flexible with me lol! Plus the longer my scar heals the better.

I've decided to do what I did when I was ttc and AF got me and make a list of things each month that I can do whilst I'm not pregnant so I feel better about waiting!

This months things are;

Having a mummies night out with my friends this week for a few cheeky wines!

Df's birthday meal which is Chinese and I'm sure if I was pregnant I wouldn't do well at eating it!

And that's as far as ive got but at least it's something lol!

Oh god, I'm going through a round of being incredibly broody atm! Arrgghhh it comes in waves, but right now all I can think about is a little brother or sister for Daniel. I keep imagining them playing together in the park and so on...

My head has started a mantra to stop my heart from overruling - GALLSTONES, CHINA, GALLSTONES, CHINA!!! Best not tell DH about this or he'd be trying to knock me up tonight!

Hahaha!! ^^ Too funny! I haven't gotten too broody yet. It hits me usually when I'm BFing Emilia. We are starting to wrap up and are getting close to being weaned but when we snuggle I look down and remember when she was teeny tiny and think awwww, I want another! :)

We are currently looking to move house to a 3 bedroom place and I hope we don't find one too soon coz once we get one I'm sure it will just encourage my baby fever once we have a room for them!

Potentially...but might be waiting till May!! I'm too broody to go about daily life....

For those who haven mentioned, what was the deciding factor on the timing if your month for starting to TTC #2? Was it to try to try to time out the seasons you'll be preg? The timing of the age gap between 1 & 2? Financial? Emotional?

Our reasoning for April (though I wouldn't mind Feb or March personally) is to hopefully avoid being in 3rd tri over the summer. That was the worst! I got soooo swollen and went overdue the end of one of the hottest/most humid summers we've ever had in Minnesota!

Hubs wants to wait til April to avoid an Xmas baby. I wouldn't mind a December due date, as my bday is the 10th. Honestly, I think we may be NTNP by late winter anyway, so who knows? ;-)

I like the idea of not having too much of a gap... So I think 2.5 years or just under will be nice.

It was a few things with us, fuelled by my serious baby fever lol! I'm 30 now, we first started ttc when I was 28, and we'd like 3 children if possible. I feel if I leave a gap of 3-4 years and then it also takes a while to conceive/successful pregnancy then it may be too late to have a third child. Also my job isn't my dream job but is very flexible and will take me back part time with hours that pretty much will suit me, so it's ideal to go back there for a while whilst we have number 2 and then focus on my career a bit more when they are pre-school/school age.
We would like to avoid a Christmas baby as df is a chef and would be a nightmare for him getting paternity leave at that time of year so hopefully we will be pregnant by end of March but if not then we are leaving it for April and starting again May/June.

I have said though that if my dream job comes up in the meantime I will apply and if I would be lucky enough to get it then we'd hold off ttc until I'd been working there a full year.

hi ladies hoping can join u....currently have one lil princess 19 months old. and finally hubby gave me a date for nxt one (seems weird saying that, u wud think it would be a mutual decision. but hes the logical one i guess... me i just want babies NOWWWW,
we were gonna start in jan but ive decided because of work issues (6 months probabtion period) we gonna wait till march 2014.....seems so long away. but it will be nice to have some company along the way

Welcome! The time will pass quickly with our LOs to keep us busy! :)

Hello! My hubby and I have a 14month old. We are looking to start ttc in early 2014- Jan/Feb. We are waiting because I just started a new job and it has great benefits after 1 year. Including 26 weeks paid maternity leave which is unheard of in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->