Wtt #2

PearDrops20

Reaction score
My names Alex I have a beautiful baby boy called Isaac, he is 4 months old now and as my OH is an older guy :haha: we have been talking about when to try for our second & probably last :) ha already has another son from a previous relationship too.

We're thinking about trying after Isaac has turned 1 so probably June 2014 :thumbup:

Anyone else waiting till then? :flower:

Us. We also have a little boy. He will be one on the 18th. We're waiting until late spring next year. Earliest April but more likely may or June to start ntnp. We want him older than two when a baby comes but at the same time I don't want to be heavily pregnant in summer again.

Yeah we don't want to big an age gap, my OH will be 40 next year so wants another sooner rather than later & i'm taking the HVs advice on waiting a year, unless we get a house earlier :haha: we have things we need to sort out first.
I missed the summer stuff while pregnant, I found out at the end of august and then he came before we had the lovely hot sunny weather lol :flower:

We are waiting until may/June 2014 to TTC #2. I'm very excited! DD will almost be 2 by then.

I've already started making a blanket for baby#2 lol Getting ahead of myself but it gives me something to focus on so I don't decend into broody madness :D

Aww I can't wait, will be nice if we all get to start around then & see each other in the pregnancy forum :)

We're looking to TTC #2 around then too! We ideally want a 2-3 year age gap, I'm currently on the depo (contraceptive) and it can take up to a year for fertility to return after stopping. We figured if I have my last injection next April just before LO 1st birthday then it will be out my system around July and we'll just see how we go from there!

I'm really excited already! :)

I had the coil put in so i'm going to talk to the nurse about getting it removed at the end of may/ early June :) we didn't want any surprises this time as I got pregnant on the pill I didn't want to take that chance again lol. My OH definitely wants to plan this one :haha:

Me too especially if the pregnancy goes anything like it did with Isaac i'll be super happy :thumbup:

Lol I was so drained after having LO I definitely didn't want any surprises!

I didn't have a great pregnancy or birth but I figure I'll either get lucky and have an easy one this time or if not I don't know any different anyway! ;-)

Does everything go back to normal once you've had the coil out or does it take time for your body to adjust again? Sorry if that's a silly question, I don't know anything about the coil! :-S

I was on depo before getting pg with DD.

Does the coil have hormones or is it just like a copper coil?

Jaxvipe, do you mind me asking how long it took you to conceive after coming off the depo? I've heard loads of different stories varying from a few months to years so just curious :)

Hi Ladies, can I join you?

Our first baby girl is going to be 1 in a couple of weeks, can't believe it!

Thinking about #2 and we'd like DD to be over 2, so hoping to NTNP from about May 2014. Seems like ages away but I'm sure it will come round quick!

When are you going to start taking folic acid?

Anyone still breast feeding? I'm still BF DD morning and evening before bed, but AF returned for me after just 3 months despite exclusively BF so I am familiar with my cycles and know roughly when I'm ovulating.

Last time I temped but will probably take a more relaxed approach this time!

I am planning on going to the dr probably about 2 months before TTC as had problems with my progesterone and had to be on suppositories have a successful pregnancy with my DD. I will start taking folic acid and prenatals around then too.

Your body is fertile as soon as the coil comes out :D I have the mirena which has a little bit of hormone its like taking a pill once a week so its very small amounts which I liked the sound of but it also has a small amount of copper on it as well :), the copper one can make your periods extremely heavy so I didn't want that one :haha:

I'll be taking the folic acid probably a month before I start, I hated taking it last time just didn't like the size of the pills. i'm still breastfeeding too, so may even be tandem feeding by the time #2 comes along, just gunna take it as it comes :thumbup:

Can I join? It sounds like we are on fairly similar timelines. My DD just turned one. We are planning on NTNP starting around April 2014. I'm on the mini pill and BF (cutting down to just morning, evening and naps.) I've only had 3 periods, so I'm planning on stopping the mini pill in a couple weeks and do just condoms and once she weans herself the rest of the way, I may do the regular pill if my cycles are still out of whack. We got preg right after going off the pill (on for 7 yrs) so I'm not sure if ill have normal cycles or not. It's exciting to think about all this again! I bet the time flies! :)

I'm hoping time flies in one way but not so much as Isaacs growing he's already getting so big!

Fingers crossed your cycles will regulate themselves fairly quickly :) I'm hoping once the coils out i'll be regular again :haha: feels weird having a period after so long! Isaac already only wakes once in the night to feed so I got mine back after 3 months

Its all so exciting :flower:

It is! Emilia also gets up once still to feed. She's starting to go the whole night, but with teething it can be hit or miss. I'm lucky that its pretty easy to get her back to sleep.

Yeah isaacs good at getting back to sleep during the night its during the day he doesn't like to nap, takes us a good half an hour - an hour for him to go off properly although I don't mind it too much as its meant he's slept better at night :haha:

Hi ladies, I haven't been on here since I had Emily almost a year ago I just can't believe how quick the last year has gone! This month im very nostalgic the weather has turned from summery to autumn just like it did whilst I was overdue waiting for Emily to make her appearance Emily will be one on the 23rd she was due on the 9th but made us all wait an extra 14 days.. so now Emily's now a year my husband and I are thinking about when to start TTC we had thought asap in 2014 but im now thinking that I don't want to be heavily pregnant during the really hot months as I suffered so bad in the heat with Emily so thinking of trying from May onwards I have no idea how long its going to take to fall pregnant this time round as we really struggled last time it took 2 years so I hope to god we dont have to wait as long this time.

Hi ladies, I haven't been on here since I had Emily almost a year ago I just can't believe how quick the last year has gone! This month im very nostalgic the weather has turned from summery to autumn just like it did whilst I was overdue waiting for Emily to make her appearance Emily will be one on the 23rd she was due on the 9th but made us all wait an extra 14 days.. so now Emily's now a year my husband and I are thinking about when to start TTC we had thought asap in 2014 but im now thinking that I don't want to be heavily pregnant during the really hot months as I suffered so bad in the heat with Emily so thinking of trying from May onwards I have no idea how long its going to take to fall pregnant this time round as we really struggled last time it took 2 years so I hope to god we dont have to wait as long this time.

She is so cute! We were one week, one day late with ours... and yes that summer was miserable! We are hoping to not do that timing again! I hope that you are able to get pregnant right away with the 2nd! Good luck!

I will be waiting til June/ July 2014 to try for #2 DD will be 1 in June 2014 and I'll be finish with RN school

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->