Wtt 2016 & later?

greats

Mommy!
Reaction score
Hi all! Anyone wtt a couple years away? We currently have a beautiful dd, but are in the talks for baby #2. However, we aren't ready quite yet. I'm in college, I graduate with my bachelor's degree spring 2015. I also work fulltime. Ideally I need to graduate first, then find a decent paying job where we can afford to put another baby in childcare while we both work. We can only afford our dd as of right now. We plan on buying a house as well in early 2017, so 3 years away. So we aren't sure if we will TTC 2016 or wait until after we buy a house in 2017.

Anyone else waiting a few years like us? Everyone keeps asking when baby #2 will happen, but honestly with our finances now and the fact that our dd was a very fussy baby, we just aren't ready yet lol

Hi I'm also waiting till end of 2015 or beginning 2016 for baby #2 I would have finished my associates traveled to England to visit oh family then moved to Ethiopia where I plan to teach we also would be married nd our DD would be in kindergarten I'm planning on getting pregnant around the beginning of the school year so I'd have money saved and could take a year off comfortably and baby would be due around the end of summer

Wel probably start ttc in 2016.were getting married next august so going to wait until after the wedding before trying. I'm finding it so difficult I'd love another one now but we can't afford another baby and a wedding so a baby will have to wait

I'm waiting until late 2017 until we start trying for #3

Our babies are exactly a month apart I think! I think we are wtt. If OH had his way he would get the process started now, but I just did the math and in order for us to comfortably have another baby that takes us into 2016. He will be done with school, and have a good enough paying job to where I can afford to be off again. Right now, that isn't doable unless I get a higher paying job and right now I am just not looking because it is working for us right now.

So 2016 will prob be when its best for us!

Hi ladies! :wave:

My name is Keely and OH and I are (hopefully) WTT until about May or June of 2016. We have many reasons for waiting this long, among them being that we have an almost four month old DS (so obviously we aren't quite ready for another yet!), we're getting married hopefully in 2015 (if not 2015 then I would like to be trying for a honeymoon baby, either way I want to be married before our next baby), and I want to be in a stable, well paying job. A house is optional, but that would be nice too. If we start trying in 2016 then DS should be 3 years old by the time that baby #2 is born, so they would have a good age gap where we would not have two kids in diapers but at the same time they would be close enough in age that they could relate to each other. I really don't want to wait longer than 2016 because I don't want our kids to have too big of an age gap, but I could probably work with 2015 if OH decides that he's ready for baby #2 then.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all! I look forward to waiting with you. :D

hi ladies so nice to see others who I can complain too with this long wait lol im feeling so broody today wish I could start ttc already im contemplating moving the date up but I know I shouldn't lol. How are you ladies keeping your mind off of ttc?

Honestly, I'm not really broody yet as I like having this time to spend with my little guy, but he's also not very old still. I'm sure that I'll be feeling more broody when he hits a year old and/or I've weaned him. Having a hobby is a nice way to get your mind off of it though. OH and I play board and card games with our friends and each other (we've been pretty big into Magic the Gathering). OH and I also play video games together (if you're not big into playing video games but your OH is then he could always play a run-around RPG with a good storyline that changes based on your decisions like Mass Effect or Dragon Age and you could watch him and he could let you make the decisions).

Hi ladies we are WTT and unsure on dates yet as we have to wait for DP to have his reversal op before we can decide when so it could be 2016 for us, other than that its just finances really and working round everything else :) :) :)

hi ladies so nice to see others who I can complain too with this long wait lol im feeling so broody today wish I could start ttc already im contemplating moving the date up but I know I shouldn't lol. How are you ladies keeping your mind off of ttc?

EEk! I feel Naomi is still to young for me to even concider moving the date up. She is still very, very keen on her big boobie, and LOVES to co-sleep. I don't wanna take all that away from her. I personally don't want her still nursing when I have another, and I want her to be more comfortable in her own bed. (She is staying half the night now!)

So that, along with finances is what is actually helping me want to wait!

DS is way too young for us to even consider moving our date up as well, and I would also like to be done nursing him before we get pregnant again. The co-sleeping has already stopped for us as shortly after Christmas DS decided that he wanted to start sleeping by himself and he's been doing fabulous on his own. I had hoped to co-sleep for a longer period of time, but I suppose it's better that he wanted to sleep on his own sooner than I was ready rather than not wanting to sleep on his own long after I was ready for him to.

ive had baby fever for about 2 years now....and as of now my husband and I are ntnp. we wont start ttc till 2016, when I turn 27 and him 29. mostly because of our financial situation. but hey...if it happens, it happens! ;)

I'm WTT until mid 2016, or whenever I graduate with my bachelors. I am also a bride to be and working on getting a k1 visa, so financially OH and I are so not ready for a baby! Hopefully within the next 2 - 2 1/2 years we will be.

I get broody sometimes, like tonight. It actually moved me to tears and OH cradled and laughed at me saying that I was being a baby over wanting a baby, ha! Sometimes I lose my sensibility and am like, to heck with all of this planning and saving let's just go for it now! But then the next day I am usually back to my normal self, but oh the tears and aching.

To make matters worse, a few weeks ago I was in a child-care center volunteering and a little 18 month old waddled up to me and preciously referred to me as "mommy". It was the cutest thing ever. :cry:

mlcrae: I'm guessing you're WTT for your first? Before I had DS I felt the exact same way as you did. I was horribly broody and just felt like I couldn't wait anymore and OH and I were careless about birth control and ended up pregnant with DS before we were really ready to be. We made it work, but it was considerably harder and I felt like pregnancy glow was a lie and that I didn't actually get to enjoy my pregnancy because it was rough and I wasn't able to have a baby shower and couldn't afford to buy most of the baby things that I wanted to (we had a lot of help from family though). I love my little man and couldn't imagine my life without him, but sometimes I wonder about how much easier it would have been and how better prepared I would have been if we'd been more careful and had been able to wait until we had originally intended to have a baby. I know it's hard to wait, but you'll reach the point where you're really ready in every way that you want to be and you'll be glad that you waited. :hugs:

KalonKiki: You're absolutely right. I think it's just hormones at this age! They're driving me crazy. It just started being this bad within the last year. By "this bad" I mean all the crying and yearning. It's a very powerful feeling - I'm blaming mother nature. :dohh:

Things would be even harder for OH and I because we both have citizenship in different countries. We spend a lot of time together, but we can't live together right now which would mean I'd spend about half of my pregnancy alone. I can only imagine how horrifying that would be...plus OH would miss out on important milestones the baby goes through in the womb.
I definitely want everything to be in place properly before we start TTC, though, and I'm sure the time will fly by. My main focus is school atm, as it should be.

honestly, I am not all that broody either, thankfully because I've had it bad before, and it did nothing but drive me nuts. I have a few health issues I need to take care of first before I am comfortable with ttc again. It's nothing serious, but 2 vaginal births in 2 and 1/2 years has taken its toll on me. My DH and I are also redecorating and renovating a lot of the new house we bought nearly 2 years ago, we are working on potty training our DD and sending her to school in September, and I like enjoying my time with and bonding with my new little boy :) I'm not ready for another any time soon.

I started getting broody before DS around the time that I hit 20. We get married and have babies really young in my family (if it tells you anything we currently have 5 living generations on my mother's side), so when I hit 20 it just seemed strange that I didn't have a child yet when my own mother got married at 17 and had me at 18. At the same time though I realize that 21 (I turned 22 a month after I had DS) is really young to be having a child according to the rest of society. I still felt super broody though, and it got worse when I met the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life and have babies with (my DF of course). It's nice not really feeling broody this time around, I'm really glad that I can just enjoy this time with DS without yearning for another baby. I like having plans that I can look forward to, however, hence why I am currently in WTT. I feel more calm and in control when I can look at the calendar and go "This is when I'd like to start trying for #2, but it's okay if we end up changing our minds".

My partner and I have have been talking about having another baby (I have 2 yr old daughter from previous relationship) we both really want a baby but have decided to wait about 2 years, he finishes college this year and I finish my course next year so he will be getting a full time job this year and I will next year that way we can save up as one reason we are waiting is we want to get on the property ladder and we also want to make sure we are financially stable, also by giving myself a year at work before starting to try I will then be able to get maternity leave/pay plus by then we would have been together about 4 years so we wouldn't have rushed into either, its so hard waiting tho as so broody and seeing everyone pregnant and having babies isnt helping x

Welcome, Melissa! :wave: :flower:

It does seem like 2014 is going to be a big year for babies, just like 2013 was. I can't remember the last time that I've known this many pregnant people. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->