WTT 2017 - Anyone else?

Hi! Newbie here and OH and I are also waiting until 2017 to TTC. We won't be trying until Sept/Oct though, most likely. NTNP at some point before then though. I'm sooo broody and just met my 6 month old "niece" (best friend's baby) two weeks ago and it made the baby fever 100x worse. Just waiting for OH to catch up, but we do have a one-year plan, so that's making me very happy.

Sorry ladies. Been super busy so haven't been able to update this. Will get on it now!

We just moved and have been spending time getting the house ready. DD hasn't taken well to the move and hasn't been sleeping well or napping at all. She also has 3 molars coming in and a nasty cold so I'm a mombie.

Hi guys!

How has everyone been doing? I've been a lurker for a while now (really enjoyed reading this topic!) and today finally decided it was time to say hello :hi:

I've been having the baby fever for a while now (feels like a gazillion years, haha), but my OH and I have always been more on the 'safe' side, so we wanted to finish our degrees first, get jobs and move to our own place.

We've been together for 10 years (we're both 27), and we've been ready for a baby for a while now, but we were waiting for everything to fall in place. We both finished our degrees, got jobs, but, of course, there are always new obstacles. We are in the process of fully renovating our home - we basically ripped everything down to the foundation, and are slowly building it back. We're pretty sure we'll be moving back in around March.

Another thing is that I decided I wanted to take my bar exam (I'm a law graduate) before we have kids. I'm not sure how the process of this is in the English speaking countries, but where I live, we basically have to shut ourselves in our homes for 6 months and study to death (okay, perhaps I'm exaggerating a bit about the death part). I'm in the middle of this process right now and iiiif everything goes as planned (and I don't fail the exam :wacko: ), I hope to be done with all of this in February or March the latest.

The problem is that I'm having a hard time studying since I am (well, both of us are!) soooo broody :wacko: It's especially hard since my best friend is expecting a baby boy in December, and my SIL just found out she is pregnant with twins! I figured this forum would help me wait for when we finally get the chance to TTC.

Do you all use OPK's or some other sort of way to figure out when you are ovulating? I was planning for my OH and I just to have sex every day several times from the 9th to the 22nd day of my cycle :haha: Maybe I'll rethink that when the time comes.

Anyway, I was hoping we would be TTC :baby: #1 in August 2017, as I would really like for the baby to be born in May.

I don't think we'll be gender swaying as we really don't have any real preferences. I would be really thrilled if our first baby was a boy (I had an older brother and it seems the perfect situation to me!), but I would be more than thrilled either way!

Nice to meet all of you and I can't wait to talk to you more :flower:

Hi! :flower: Welcome! It's good to have a plan and everything in place before ttc. Makes things easier. A lot of women use OPKs and temp. OPKs only tell you when you have the lh surge. It doesn't guarantee you ovulate. That's why a lot of women temp too. A temperature rise after ovulation confirms you ovulate. I do both. Most doctors will recommend bd every other day as that gives the sperm count time to go up more with a day of rest between. But, there are many, many, many ways to ttc.

Hi ladies, can I join? I've got babyfever again (I keep dreaming about getting a :bfp:) and hubby is good to go with #3! Put May 2017 since our other two will be turning 4 and 1, but we're going to play it by ear. And I'm going to try to sway for a :pink:, but will love another :blue: to steal my heart again as well!

Welcome! I'm pink swaying too! I did for dd and I really want her to have a sister as my own parents were not so kind to me lol

Hi! Newbie here and OH and I are also waiting until 2017 to TTC. We won't be trying until Sept/Oct though, most likely. NTNP at some point before then though. I'm sooo broody and just met my 6 month old "niece" (best friend's baby) two weeks ago and it made the baby fever 100x worse. Just waiting for OH to catch up, but we do have a one-year plan, so that's making me very happy.

Welcome! Plans are good. Definitely ramps up that baby fever when you're around babies! Stay strong lol

Hi all! how is everyone holding up with the waiting? I haven't been on here in so long I've been so busy trying to lose the last 10lbs of baby weight, lost 8lbs so I'm happy enough with that for now!
I'm having a really hard time waiting until January though, but I know it's for the best to wait.

Kayla has your LO settled into the new house yet? hopefully back sleeping? Mine has just switched to 1 nap but he is sleeping great at night so I can't complain! He's learning how to walk now so I think that helps him sleep at night :)

Waiting is tough! Such bad baby fever, but I know January is very soon and that's a better time for my family. Dd and new baby will be over 2 years apart. Had a new baby start in daycare today and she's sooooo sweet so that's NOT helping!

She has settled in now thankfully. She's between 1 and 2 naps now, but isn't miserable and exhausted when she has 1. Somedays she needs two somedays one. But she's back to sleeping through the night even tho she's up at like 5:30. Can't wait for clocks to change this weekend. . . .

You can absolutely join!

That sounds like a great plan you have there.

I really wish we didn't have to try, but being two girls and using a donor we have to HIGHLY plan ttc. I'm also pink swaying again (as much as one half of the equation can) so even more planning. Speaking of, anyone gender swaying? I really wish we could just have an oops or leave it to chance, but not on the cards for us.

I need some motivation too. I've been half assing my workout program this month. I was really good losing the first 30lbs and now I'm just blah about it all. I'm too tired to put in the extra work haha. I'm hoping once the summer is over I can get back to it. I'm going to aim to workout 4 days a week. I think last week I managed 3. Better than none right?

We're really lucky that our parents and grandparents bought all of dds nursery furniture. And we got most of our big baby items at our shower. But babies eat so much and geow so fast they're expensive lol. So much food and clothes. I do have a slight addiction to baby clothes. They're just so cute!

Another same sex momma! We're waiting to try as well in 2017!! :D

Alrighty I'll put you down for #2. Are you using a sperm bank or a known donor? AI at home?

Alrighty I'll put you down for #2. Are you using a sperm bank or a known donor? AI at home?

We are doing sperm bank at fertility clinic in our town, getting a family doctor set up then getting the referral sent over to start fertility testing etc. We prefer not to complicate raising a child by having a friend involved that may resent some of our decisions.

Ah. Cool cool.

A known donor doesn't have to be a friend. We use a known donor, but that's the extent of our relationship. OH doesn't knownher biological father so it was important to her that we used a known donor as dd, and future kids, will be able to meet him if they want an drew have access to his side of their medical history and everything. She hates how she doesn't know half of herself so it was important that we use a known donor so our kids won't have that issue.

He's a really great guy actually. He surrendered his rights and OH's second parent adoption of dd went through last month so he has no rights.

Hello ladies! New to the WTT boards... I was active on the boards while TTC my son, and throughout my pregnancy. I am starting to get the itch again... so I found myself back on the boards! :winkwink:

I think my husband would be fine having another little one right now, but I am just so torn. I really want another, but then I start thinking about my son... I feel like he would get less of our attention, and less one-on-one time that we cherish so much... I would really miss our alone time as a family of three. Now I'm tearing up just thinking about it!! :cry:

Are there others that feel the same way as me??? I know that I want him to have a sibling - he has no cousins, and I don't know if he will have any - at least not in the near future around his age. I am just so torn with guilt about losing our precious time together, just the three of us. :cry:

Anyways... sorry for my rambling. I would like to plan to start trying next year in September 2017 when he turns three. I think that would be a great age gap, and he will be more independent when baby comes.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and chatting!

I'll add you to the front!

I feel the same way. Dd was a high needs baby and is now a high needs, and extremely active, toddler. So she definitely needs more of that one on one time. And she's just so sweet and snuggly, if even for very short periods of time, that it does make me sad thinking that if she comes over and wants a snuggle and I'm feeding a new baby I won't be able to. It'll be harder to get around with 2 kids. My attention will be split in 2 rather than all on dd. And I also feel bad that that new baby won't get the same one on one attention dd got.

But OH is 35 and wants to be done having kids soon. So away we go lol.

I'll add you to the front!

I feel the same way. Dd was a high needs baby and is now a high needs, and extremely active, toddler. So she definitely needs more of that one on one time. And she's just so sweet and snuggly, if even for very short periods of time, that it does make me sad thinking that if she comes over and wants a snuggle and I'm feeding a new baby I won't be able to. It'll be harder to get around with 2 kids. My attention will be split in 2 rather than all on dd. And I also feel bad that that new baby won't get the same one on one attention dd got.

But OH is 35 and wants to be done having kids soon. So away we go lol.

Thank you! I'm glad I'm not alone. It's that mommy guilt! :dohh:

It's so bad. Every damn decision or thing I say to her.

Was I too hard on her? Or or hard enough? Don't want her to think that rules don't apply to her or that she can do whatever she wants wherever she wants, but maybe I should have done this or that
Should I let her watch that? I really need to make dinner and it'll keep her quiet but I don't want her to rely on that to calm her but we need food and it's just one show
Should I let her do this or that?

lol there's is no winning on anything. There's ALWAYS mommy guilt.

Totally agree! It's a constant battle!!! You can't win. I'm never just at peace with my decisions or how much time we spend doing things as a family - my husband and I both work full time so that is a big struggle for me. I never feel like I am putting in enough time - either at work or at home with my little man.

It's tough. I'm on the other side of that. I work in my mothers daycare so dd comes with me. And I'm always wondering if she would benefit from some time away from me lol. I worry she will have a hard time when it comes time for preschool (granted that's 3 years away) if she's never away from me. Most weeks she has one day at home with OH while I go to work, but the others 6 days a week I'm with her.

You can't win no matter what you do. I wasn't quite prepared for the guilt or constant questioning on my own decisions (me questioning my own decisions not others). And the constant worry. Oh my! It's like another fulltime job lol.

It's tough. I'm on the other side of that. I work in my mothers daycare so dd comes with me. And I'm always wondering if she would benefit from some time away from me lol. I worry she will have a hard time when it comes time for preschool (granted that's 3 years away) if she's never away from me. Most weeks she has one day at home with OH while I go to work, but the others 6 days a week I'm with her.

You can't win no matter what you do. I wasn't quite prepared for the guilt or constant questioning on my own decisions (me questioning my own decisions not others). And the constant worry. Oh my! It's like another fulltime job lol.

See, you absolutely cannot win! :dohh:

Hi all! I'm Amanda... a wife and mommy to a beautiful little boy. My son will be 2 in one week.

We plan to start TTC late June/early July(completely dependent on how my cycle falls) and we will be trying to sway as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->