WTT #3 sept 2017. Any ladies similar ?

fuschia

Reaction score
I miss having a little group on here - used to chat every day when we were Ttc and having babies :)

Now my 2nd is 1, I am about to start a degree in primary teaching and my husband and I frequently have conversations about #3 . Should we ? When should we ? Etc etc !

We have concluded that our best plan will be to try next year and go again for the 3-4 year age gap and that timing will also have the least impact on my studying / career intentions :)

Would love to find some other ladies who are waiting till later next year? Xxxx

I had a discussion with my hubby yesterday and we agreed to start to TTC next September so we're in similar situation. :)

How exciting ! So your children are a little older I see .

My husband would prefer us to have a third sooner rather than later , he would be happy with just over a 2 year age gap! I'm a bit scared of that !

Do you feel that you are just going to have the 1 more ? We are very sure it will just be 3 for us - which will make it a little more exciting . When I had my son- I wasn't sure if we were stopping at 2 so I thought of everything as potentially the last time so it's so exciting that I will get to do it again xx

It's pretty sure that 3 will be the maximum my body can handle - the first 2 have been Cesarean section-delivered so the doctors strongly suggested to have at least 3 year gap between nr.2 and nr.3, especially because the gap between 1 and 2 was so small (17 months)..
Did You deliver the babies naturally?
For me the first Cesarean was an emergency one, the second one was planned because of the small gap and the thin scar.. So now I would like to explore my natural-delivery options, if there are any.. I have a medical condition in which I don't have any Brexton-Hicks or any labor activity, contractions or anything else, so without any stimulation it seems pretty unrealistic to have a natural delivery, I'll discuss it with my doctor once I get pregnant again. :)
I honestly have no idea how I will handle having 3 kids, that's one of the main reasons we have waited so long.. I still don't know if I'm ready.. but I have a year to prepare myself.
Are You on any contraception right now? I'm on the pill because of terrible, extra-long cycles (45 days and more), 4th month already. I'll be taking the pills until May and then give my body few months to "catch up" and start working properly again before TTC..

Well just like you I have had 2 c-sections ! Both were technically emergency . But both from 'failure to progress'. My second I really tried for the natural birth and got a bit further but it wasn't meant to be .
1st one I ended up back in hospital 5 days pp with a serious infection in my womb lining .

second one , my uterus tore a little during surgery which led to a big loss of blood ! Which made recovery harder .

3rd one I will be having a planned c-section ! I feel like I gave it my best shot and just isn't meant to be !

I am not on any contraception . We just use condoms when we need them ( these day didn't all that frequent ! ). My periods are pretty regular although since I had my son I haven't been tracking them really so I am starting to do that so I know where I'm at !
Hubby thinks smaller age gap the better ! I'm just a bit scared of it .

Are you in the UK?

I'm WTT for #3 I have to first lose about 80 pounds and get my tubes untied.

Hi Shey ! That's a big factor for me too !

I need to prob lose about 3 stone really ( 42lbs) but tbh just a big portion of that will help !

I joined the gym yesterday - it's just too damn hot at the mo for me to do anything !! (Uk)

How do you plan to lose the weight Shey?

I have no idea. Working at McDonald's doesnt help.

I can imagine that doesn't help !
Do you get sick of it though ? Or is it the convenience of having mc Donald's for lunch etc ?

Just when I'm at work i eat for free.

Hey! It's been a few busy days, sorry for not replying, fuschia! :)
No, I'm not from GB, I'm from Latvia. Sorry to hear about Your troubles with both Your labors. I guess c-section would be the best choice for You then. It's nice to have an option to choose.
I don't have any weight-loss planned, I am just as heavy as I was when I got pregnant for the 1st time (I don't know how many pounds or stones that is, but my weight is 57 kg). I just hope not to gain as much weight as I did with my first 2 kids (18 kg each time..), I'd love to keep the weight under 70 kg till the end, both times it was 75/76 kg before the c- section.

Hey! Can I join. We're waiting to try October 2017. Will be baby number 3 for us.
Already have a son who is 9 born by natural delivery and a daughter who is 9 months born by emergency c section due to failure to progress. It's because of the c section that we've decided to wait, we would like a small age gap but I really don't want another c section I found the recovery so difficult. At my hospital they like you to leave two years between deliveries if attempting a vbac. I'm already broody so 2017 needs to hurry up! Also in the UK x

Hi Charliekay !

Interesting about the 2 years wait . My first I had a c-section and was told to wait 18months . This time around they haven't said anything about how long to wait but said next time I should have an elective section . So I will do that I think. Tried hard for v bac second tim around but no success !

I think that a planned section will be easier ( but by no means easy) to recover from as I wouldn't have been through days of labour first ! And therefore not so run down to start with . Obv not easy either way but I'm lucky to have good family support .

When you start to think about having a baby- it's all you can think about isn't it !! Waiting to try is tricky ! I'm a bit obsessed with putting dates in to see when babies would be due if I fell on different months ! Just hoping it won't take so long ( 1st baby was 1st cycle , 2nd baby 16th cycle!). As this time it's a little more time sensitive as I'll be a student and certain time so have to do work placements and I'm not going to do that with a newborn ! Or 8months pregnant either ! X

Yeh I can imagine placement with a newborn would be difficult. I've thought about an elective but as it would be our last child I really do feel I need to give a natural birth one last try or I may regret not even trying.
Our second also took a long time to conceive, we ended up taking a break from ttc because of all the stress of it in the end we were ttc 18 months before we got our second. Our first was a surprise so wasn't expecting it to take that long.
Fingers crossed, when the time comes it will happen fast for us.
Are you going to be doing anything to prepare for ttc? X

Similar to us then ! Waiting so long for my son though.... I kinda feel like it was meant to happen ! Fell so quickly with evie and always been so grateful for her but having that struggle def makes me more aware and feel differently about how blessed I am ! I now also think very carefully about what I put on social media etc as I know how it can hurt . Moaning about my kids for example - when there are prob friends of mine that I just have no clue what they are going through struggling to Ttc ! It was all consuming ! And I was lucky to have my daughter - I just can't imagine how it feels when you want children but can't have them as easy as that :(

Anyway - this time around main focus is on getting fit and losing weight so I have joined the gym and Being better with food !

I will start to take concept of vitamins soon as well I think ( because we are actually chatting now about potentially Ttc at the beginning of 2017 !) .

When Ttc my son, on cycle 15 I saw an acupuncturist who was a nutritionist too so at that point I had a drastic change in diet ( much less wheat , more seeds/nuts , pro bio tics ) and I believe that was the biggest factor . Of course I had acupuncture too so that could have been it !! She also talked to me and allowed me to offload all my worry and trauma about my 1st c-section and i believe that helped too !

So I just want to try and replicate the diet/ state of mind I had then :)

How about you ? Xx

Yeh I'm pretty much the same, I would like to lose a bit of weight and just generally get myself healthy and ready. I will look in to vitamins at the beginning of 2017 and start taking them to get them in my system.
I've also started using an app on my phone to track my cycles, hopefully give me a bit of an idea of cycle length and ovulation. I said we were going to ntnp but I know when the time comes I'm going to end up full on ttc lol, I just need to remember to be patient and not get to stressed about it xx

Ah yes tracking my cycles too !

I'm awful- never really know when my period last came ! But I made a note of the first day of last period (17th August ) and today I think I'm nearly ready to ovulate judging by Ewcm .

Did you / will you temp ? Xx

Ive tried temping before but I didn't fully understand what I was doing so I gave up. I'll probably be using opks to show ovulation then a thousand pregnancy test a month until af or bfp. I spent a fortune on them last time we were ttc.
Xx

Did you buy the cheapies ? The blue dip stick ones you can buy in massive bulk? I like them ! Once you get to know what they are like then it's so easy to tell if they are positive or not . I know a lot of people mon about evaps but the minute I got my first faint positive on one- I knew it ! Then I rushed out and bought a digital which was also positive. Just thinking about it now gives me googebumps ! It was such a significant moment after trying for so long .

I've had a funny day today and found myself wondering if we would be better to stick with the 2 wonderful kids we have . I just imagine what the future is going to be like and wonder if we should quit while we are ahead and just build on our life with these two . But I really can see us with 3.

Do any of you go back and forth like me ? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->