WTT after C section - 6 months?

mh_ccl

Reaction score
We had DD in May 2014, and she was delivered C section because she was breech. The hospital said to wait a year, and the birth center said to wait 2 years. However, I've been reading up on pregnancy after C section, and it seems the biggest risk is if you're trying for a VBAC.

At this point, it seems more likely that I'd end up with another C section. I guess I'm wondering if we should start trying in Dec (7 months) or keep waiting. I'm 37, and don't want to keep pushing things back, as I'm already considered old for pregnancy.

My OB said it's best to wait at least a year before getting pregnant again regardless of delivery just so the body has a chance to fully recover and prepare for pregnancy again. Have you talked to your doctor about it to see what they recommend?

It's not just after a section that your recommended to wait a year. It's after any birth. Pregnancy takes a lot from your body, both physically with your muscles but with your calcium and vitamin stores. Getting pregnant too soon also increases your risk of miscarrage.

Well ideally the doctors here would like 2 years between births (not after getting pregnant the 1st time) after a c-section. I had an emcs with my 1st dd and when she was 7 months old got pregnant with my second. I did have a vbac mainly because I had a really supportive doctor. If you had a c-section with no complications and a low horizontal scar you will be more likely to have a successful vbac should you want one. All pregnancies are different and one breach baby doesn't mean the next one will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->