WTT after Depo Provera- Couple questions!

BEBE99

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I have been in Depo Provera for many years, and I loved it! No periods no horrible side effects and it worked so conveniently for me. I was due for my shot back on Oct 4th. I decided to get off the shot to get my body ready for eventual pregnancy. I had absolutely no side effects from coming off the shot either and just on dec.20th I got my period back! Yay:thumbup:! It was a normal 4 day period for me (just a bit heavier) and I am starting to log my periods. I am now done my cycle but will be looking for my period again in January.

A couple questions... Just because my period is back, and it was normal with no issues, does this mean I am ovulating now to? Or how will you know when your ovulating/fertile again?

No, unfortunately a period doesn't necessarily mean you're ovulating. It's a good sign but not for sure. The best/easiest ways to tell are tracking your basal body temperature and using OPK's. I recommend a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility that explains all of it. There's also a site for tracking called Fertility Friend and they have a free e-book called Charting Your Way to Conception. I think those are great places to start.

Good luck! :)

I second with curiousowl said above... I used charting for my first babygirl and it worked wonderful... Register at FertilityFriend.com and start a chart now that you are getting your periods... Also get that Basal Body temp thermometer and take your temp before you even roll out of bed in the morning.. This is how I tracked my ovulation... turns out I ovulated way earlier than anyone I heard of so it really pin points it for you... :thumbup:

Thanks ladies, I did download the fertility friend app for my iphone and will track my periods on there. So if I tracked my periods, my vaginal temp and what the mucus looks like would that be enough to figure out when I'm ovulating?

I checked my mucus the other day and I could stretch it with my fingers, is that a sign of ovulating? Trying to get a bit of a handle on this ovulating/fertility stuff! Thanks :)

I had one shot of Depo before TTCing #1. I would definitely suggest what the other ladies have. To really know if your body is ovulating and back to normal you should temp and use OPK's. I hope that your body is back to normal that would be amazing!!

Yes that would be enough... you can do an oral temp with the thermometer also, doesn't have to be vaginal... As long as you stick to doing it oral, you just have to be consistent... Take your temp at the same time of day before you eat/drink or before your feet hit the floor.. It works.. You'll see... Keep us updated!!!

Thanks ladies, I did download the fertility friend app for my iphone and will track my periods on there. So if I tracked my periods, my vaginal temp and what the mucus looks like would that be enough to figure out when I'm ovulating?

I checked my mucus the other day and I could stretch it with my fingers, is that a sign of ovulating? Trying to get a bit of a handle on this ovulating/fertility stuff! Thanks :)

Thanks ladies! Starting to take my temperature tomorrow! Will try and keep you posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->