WTT after marriage..

Stardustbby

Reaction score
Hey everyone. As the title says, BF and I decided to wait until after we're married to start TTC. I have a 5yo boy from a previous relationship and BF has none. I'm almost 26 and he's 29, 30 in December. An engagement ring is definitely on the way in the next month or so and we've already decided on a quick court house wedding and a celebration with family afterwards. So everything is set, right?

Wrong. Baby fever has hit me bad. My ex just had a little girl in February and my younger sister (23yo) just found out she's pregnant with #3 and considered not keeping it due to her situation which is less than ideal. My friend had her 3rd in March, a little girl after two boys, and frankly all these women having babies or getting pregnant around me has me really down about waiting to try.

Another thing is my weight which I'm working on but I've seen so many plus size women having healthy pregnancies and healthy babies that I don't really want to wait until I'm at my goal weight to try.

At this point I want to start trying after we're engaged. We've been together for going on 4 years, had a pregnancy scare early on and I was actually pregnant at around 2.5 years in but had an early miscarriage which BF does not know about and I don't even know how to tell him about it now. I deleted the pictures I had of the tests and feel like it would just be awkward to bring it up now but it definitely makes things worse.

Any advice? Or anyone in a similar situation?

Hey. I don't get why you couldn't try now and marry whilst you are pregnant? Lots of people do. Talk to your bf about it. If everything else is in place and you feel ready I'd just go for it. Xx

Hey. I don't get why you couldn't try now and marry whilst you are pregnant? Lots of people do. Talk to your bf about it. If everything else is in place and you feel ready I'd just go for it. Xx

That's a great point, I'm not sure why we don't. I'll talk to him but I'm pretty sure he's set on not trying until after we're married.

How long is it til you get married?

Getting engaged in the next month or two and married next year most likely.

I've just found out that I have to be weaned off some psych meds of mine first before I even try so that adds another 4-5 months as that's how long it'll take.

Waiting is super hard.
Good luck for when you do ttc xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"