WTT and Breastfeeding?

mzjenc07

Reaction score
Anyone else WTT because of breastfeeding? I just had a chemical pregnancy and we decided to wait till my 19 month old daughter is completely weaned. My LP is only 9 days and I believe I have low progesterone. Anyone else?

My son weaned a few months ago at 17 months and my cycles still haven't regulated. Im taking b6 and chasteberru ATM to help. I've been at an 11 day LP for the last 2 cycles and am hoping to get it to at least 13 days before trying in April. BF'ing definitely throws you off on your cycle! When are you hoping to have DD weaned/start trying?

My son weaned a few months ago at 17 months and my cycles still haven't regulated. Im taking b6 and chasteberru ATM to help. I've been at an 11 day LP for the last 2 cycles and am hoping to get it to at least 13 days before trying in April. BF'ing definitely throws you off on your cycle! When are you hoping to have DD weaned/start trying?

Honestly at this point I have tried everything to wean her and she won't. I am 33 years old and would like to try for #3 asap. I ordered some B-Complex, maca root and prenatal vitamins to start taking. Hopefully that helps. We were aiming to really ttc middle of next year. My chemical pregnancy wasn't planned. Did you wean your baby off bf or did baby wean on their own?

He self weaned. It took about 6 weeks to be fully done. He was nursing 3-4 times in the day and 3-5 times at night. He night weaned first. DH would put him to bed without nursing. The first time he woke up, I would feed and then for 6-7 hours DH would go in and comfort if he woke but no nursing. Those first few nights were ROUGH but pretty quick he figured it out and stopped waking up. I Dont remember exactly, but I think it was 10ish days and he was fully night weaned. From there, I cut out the first feeding after waking. He would wake up very hungry so I just tried to quickly make breakfast. He naturally went down to one nap during this time, so that feeding fell away no problem. It took about a month to drop the last feeding, before nap. I just tried one day to skip and it was fine, but the next day he was wanting to nurse. So we went to every other day for a couple weeks. Then same thing- we skipped 2 days and he wanted to nurse...then 3 days and the next time I offered he refused and that was that.

I found it best to go very slow and gradual...to guide the process but not push beyond what he was ready for

I hope you are able to get her weaned when you are ready to!

He self weaned. It took about 6 weeks to be fully done. He was nursing 3-4 times in the day and 3-5 times at night. He night weaned first. DH would put him to bed without nursing. The first time he woke up, I would feed and then for 6-7 hours DH would go in and comfort if he woke but no nursing. Those first few nights were ROUGH but pretty quick he figured it out and stopped waking up. I Dont remember exactly, but I think it was 10ish days and he was fully night weaned. From there, I cut out the first feeding after waking. He would wake up very hungry so I just tried to quickly make breakfast. He naturally went down to one nap during this time, so that feeding fell away no problem. It took about a month to drop the last feeding, before nap. I just tried one day to skip and it was fine, but the next day he was wanting to nurse. So we went to every other day for a couple weeks. Then same thing- we skipped 2 days and he wanted to nurse...then 3 days and the next time I offered he refused and that was that.

I found it best to go very slow and gradual...to guide the process but not push beyond what he was ready for

I hope you are able to get her weaned when you are ready to!

I am on Day 4 of weaning and so far haven't made much progress. I did cut the 3 to 6 minute nursing sessions between the morning and afternoon nap sessions. I really want to night wean but my husband works nights and I haven't been able to find a way to soothe her back to bed. I am working on it though. I am hoping to have her fully weaned by March. How is the Chasteberry working for you? Thats Vitex correct? I am taking B-100 b complex, prenatals and maca root currently.

You got iy Momma! To already havr short sessions cit after a few days is a great start! It's all about going at a gradual pace, giving time for both of you to adjust. Not sure about nighttime. We had to do a modified CIO for the first a couple nights during that 6 hour stretch. Once DS is down for a nap this afternoon, I'll get on the laptop and see if I can find the link of what we tried to follow. It was a guide for older kids who were BF'ing and co sleeping and meant to not be so traumatic for them.

Chasteberry/vitex/agnus cactus I've learned is all the same thing lol. Honestly, it hasn't done anything for me yet. My last AF I was right at 6 weeks on it and it's supposed to take 6-8 weeks...but I had an anvolatory cycle last month. So if there isn't an improvement this cycle, I'm going to stop taking it and see if it sorts itself out.

What does maca root do?

You got iy Momma! To already havr short sessions cit after a few days is a great start! It's all about going at a gradual pace, giving time for both of you to adjust. Not sure about nighttime. We had to do a modified CIO for the first a couple nights during that 6 hour stretch. Once DS is down for a nap this afternoon, I'll get on the laptop and see if I can find the link of what we tried to follow. It was a guide for older kids who were BF'ing and co sleeping and meant to not be so traumatic for them.

Chasteberry/vitex/agnus cactus I've learned is all the same thing lol. Honestly, it hasn't done anything for me yet. My last AF I was right at 6 weeks on it and it's supposed to take 6-8 weeks...but I had an anvolatory cycle last month. So if there isn't an improvement this cycle, I'm going to stop taking it and see if it sorts itself out.

What does maca root do?

I read that maca root helps balance hormones without containing any hormone like properties. I also put my husband on it because it is supposed to bring up sex drive. I have been taking it for the past 2 days so nothing to report yet on if it actually works. I am on cycle day 9.

Let me know if it works for you!

I think the biggest thing is consistency...however you decide to do it, commit and stick with it. And go slow...Dont cut a feeding out you arent comfortable with. You can do it!

I think the biggest thing is consistency...however you decide to do it, commit and stick with it. And go slow...Dont cut a feeding out you arent comfortable with. You can do it!

I've been finding it so difficult so I may slow down even more. I definitely need to night wean though. I haven't slept an entire night for a few years.

Yay!! So exciting!! I'm hoping to NTNP in march and full on TTC in April so I'll be joining you shortly!

Still breastfeeding my boy. He's a bit of a breastfeeding addict, so hoping to cut down and progress to stopping. So hard though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->