WTT and Hypothyroidism

jennamac

Reaction score
Hi all, :hi:

I am new here and I wonder if anyone had any experience with Hypothyroidism?

Me and hubby have decided to try for baby #2 yay! :happydance: but a recent trip to the doctors and my GP thinks I may have Hypothyroidism ? I get my test results back next week, and we are obviously now waiting until it’s safe to try but I wondered if anybody had any experience with this ?

Thanks guys :hugs:

I have hypo and have had one successful pregnancy. Just make sure the doctor gets your levels under control before you TTC. Most doctors go by the old scales but the best TSH levels for TTC are 2.5 or less. I finally got pregnant after my dr changed my medication dose.

Once you get pregnant you’ll want them to monitor your levels closely. I had to increase my medication during my pregnancy and ultimately it became my normal dose after pregnancy too.

We are WTT for #2 and my latest level was exactly 2.5 so I’m going to ask for another medication change when I find a new dr - mine is leaving.

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions! Google hypothyroid Mom or lookup her FB page - I liked reading her story.

I have hypothyroidism but was diagnosed long before pregnancy. I was just told to let them know as soon as I was pregnant so they can increase the dose. Apparently they should increase it by 25-30% on getting bfp. I agree it's good to wait until you know what's going on. Good luck!

My TSH is "only" 2.75, but I have thyroid antibodies and my sister has Hashimoto's. I'm going to see the integrative medicine doctor that she sees to get squared away before we start trying. Let us know how your tests turn out. I would insist on a full panel, not just TSH.

Following! I have been diagnosed with overactive thyroid and didn't even know it would affect pregnancy.

Hi,

I also have Hypohyroidism! I was told however, if you manage to get your levels back down to normal with the help of meds you should be able to conceive just like anyone else :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"