WTT and in 30s

MissN8

Reaction score
Just looking for ladies who are waiting to try and in their thirties?

Hi Miss N8,

Am 32 (33 in march) and WTT, hubby and I have agreed to have a proper discussion when we get back from holiday in April. We are still thinking everything over individually as until recently we both thought we didn't want children but that resolve seems to be weakening!

Hoping to buy a house next year in the spring/summer and then save and get through some silly things we want to do before children, like Vegas! Realistically, I can't see us trying until mid 2016 if we go ahead.

Hi jtr, I have always wanted children just waiting on oh. He is ready now but wants to be more financially secure. I reckon it will be late 2015 or early 2016 before we properly try. Vegas would be class. How do you feel about having a baby in your thirties? Do you worry about age? I think it will be ok as I am healthy just sometimes I do feel tired after work and definitely feel like I cant stay out late anymore as it wrecks me for days. Do you and your partner go out much?

I think we've both been sitting on the fence about it for 2 years but I'm definitely feeling more and more like I would like to have a child together, hubby is always worried about the practical side of things but would be fully on board if we went ahead.

I am worried about my age in some ways, its constantly drummed into me that I'm 'not getting any younger' and occasionally I worry about fertility but I'd 100% rather wait until we were in a place we felt ready together than rush in. I have a few friends who have all had babies in their mid 30s so know its perfectly possible. I'm more worried about the financial side of things and how I'd manage to carry on in my job with a little one, but its all things that could be worked out!

Hubby is quite introvert and homely, I probably go out with friends every other month or so, no big deal. The big thing for us is travel, we've been to some awesome places and have been able to go away 3 times this year and 4 last year which will have to be toned down for a few years at least!

I already have a 14 year old but I think I'd feel like I was doing it all again for the first time.

We are quite homely too my oh even more than me so its not like we are not settled. I know what you mean about being reminded of your age and feeling pressured I get that too. We have struggled with money for a while but now starting to feel more secure and want to have good bit of savings set aside for mat leave. I think you should definitely go on those last holidays as a couple. They will be amazing.

I'll be turning 30 in the coming months! Eeek! For me, I'm not so much worried about age being a contributing factor at this point to making TTC difficult, but just in general I am worried that there is an underlying problem that exists regardless of age that would make getting pregnant difficult that I am completely unaware of... and therefore by me starting in my 30s to TTC means that in some ways I have "less" time to work with should it take us YEARS to successfully get pregnant :( I've seen this happen to a few people in my life. Like what if it takes us like 8 years to get pregnant? Especially since I want multiple kids? The whole mentality of if we had started TTC at a younger age then we would already know about any issues and would possibly have solved them by now. Sigh. It's stressful. I definitely don't want to wait much longer...

I'm turning 31 and was on the TTC thread, but recently am having a bit of a reality check and realizing I need to WTT for another 6 months or so at least. It's a hard decision for me to wait in my 30s, because I feel like I've already been waiting. Waited throughout grad school, then post graduate training/jobs. Now we've bought a house, I have a stable job I love, and so does DH. But we just got there, and we need some time to breathe and pay on student loans and deal with some of the financial stress we've been experiencing, not to mention planning/saving for mat leave. So this weekend decided to pull back and get on the WTT bus instead of TTC. Going to spend the next 6 months working toward getting as healthy and stable as possible, then reconsider at that time.

Me! I am 32 now. going to try for my last one this fall. I think its best to try having all the kids before 35 before the chances of problems increase. I have plenty of friends that had a baby in the early/mid thirties, they are doing just fine keeping up with the baby.

I'm turning 31 and was on the TTC thread, but recently am having a bit of a reality check and realizing I need to WTT for another 6 months or so at least. It's a hard decision for me to wait in my 30s, because I feel like I've already been waiting. Waited throughout grad school, then post graduate training/jobs. Now we've bought a house, I have a stable job I love, and so does DH. But we just got there, and we need some time to breathe and pay on student loans and deal with some of the financial stress we've been experiencing, not to mention planning/saving for mat leave. So this weekend decided to pull back and get on the WTT bus instead of TTC. Going to spend the next 6 months working toward getting as healthy and stable as possible, then reconsider at that time.

Yous are very sensible and you are already being a good mummy by being in the right situation and stable before rushing into it. We are trying to be more stable too. You know 6 months will really go quickly and it will all be worth it. Sometimes the waiting is so hard though....

Can I join in?
Starting to consider another, but also v against it in some ways. However am 37 now...somehow...so if it is going to happen, it will have to be in the coming year.

We're only just in a position to buy a house and haven't yet had any amazing overseas holidays, which is one reason I am reluctant; if we have another it feels like that would get so much more impossible.

Plus our little girl still wakes at least 2-3 times a night so I am shattered and we never get to go out. Resetting the clock on that with another is a faintly horrifying prospect, but the idea of not having another is sad too :-\

Welcome justme! We are settling for one and will see how that goes but wouldn't rule two out. You are still young, perhaps you could take a holiday first then consider trying after, would that be an option? I will be ntnp from end of next year seems so far away atm...

Hope everyone had good a lovely Christmas? I've been I'll for what feels like forever (almost two weeks) and am hoping it clears up soon as I'm really quite bored of it.

Have had a few days to mull things over in my head and still very torn over timelines, or whether we even should, I feel like I need another 3-4 years to buy our house, do a few more big trips and then TTC but I'll be 37 then. Not sure why I have this fear of going past 35 in my head? I read some statistics the other day that basically said the chances of conceiving within a year when aged between 35 and 40 were literally only 2-3% lower than if aged 30-35!!

Decisions, decisions.....

Well, we already have one.so holidays don't seem terribly viable atm :-\ hmmm

Jtr, I'm not the best example, but I guess you have to keep living life post baby as well...

I'm 32 and waiting for DH to agree second, we already have a 2 yr old

I'm 31 (32 in January) with a 3.7 year old DD. We will (hopefully) be TTC in late 2015, although DH and I are both in two minds as to whether we should just starting trying now. The sensible part of me rationalizes that we should wait until we have bought a house (mid 2015), but DH isn't helping with his constant suggesting that we should just do it now, who knows how long it will take, etc. Another 6-9 months isn't that long, I suppose...(convincing, aren't I? ;-) ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->