• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

WTT Aug2017 (with Hashimotos) Anyone else?

Annunaki

Codenia's Stepmom!!
Reaction score
Well the year is almost upon us to try for our first together (1 step son, 14yrs old):happydance:. I saw some others are looking to try in Aug2017 too, I could use some friends! Are any of you preparing? I have started to buy baby room décor and even did some Wondfo OPK's to see if my parts still work lol. I am about to go to the doctor to try and get my TSH levels down so that I can hold onto a pregnancy in the first place. Anyone else have a thyroid problem that is preparing to try? :dust:

Welcome to WTT! :wave: :flower:
I'm a WTT veteran as this is my 3rd time here in the WTT forums. :haha:
I don't have any thyroid issues or anything else that I'm aware of but I wish you the best of luck and hope that your TTC journey goes smoothly in August! The earliest I'll be TTC is September 2017 but it'll likely be more like September 2018.

Thank you for the welcome :) I read another post of yours (may have joined your thread) and saw that you are ready for another. I wish I knew what that was like, here I am 30yrs old and on my second marriage with a stepson and I still worry that I will never be ready. A year is a big gap, what is the deciding factor as of right now whether it is 2017 or 2018?

We're not really ready for another yet, we just realized that we do want another recently. We had previously thought that our family was complete and I was struggling to come to terms with it. Finances are really the biggest deciding factor as to whether we'll be trying in 2017 or 2018 but age gaps are also an important factor. We don't want to try before September so that we can have at least a 2 year gap (and a June baby would be ideal since DH is a teacher and has summers off so he can help me with DS and DD while I'm recovering from childbirth). At the same time I really don't want to wait longer than 2018 because I don't want too big of an age gap so September 2018 is the longest I'm willing to wait as that would give us roughly a 5 year and 9 month and 3 year and 3 month age gap between our first 2 and baby #3 if we fell pregnant as quickly as we did with our DS and DD. If we TTC in September 2017 of course that gap would go down by one year. I just don't want it to feel like we have DS and DD as siblings and then baby #3 as an only child. My brother and I were close in age but we had a further gap from our younger sister and I'll admit that we excluded her a lot and found her to be a nuisance. :nope:
I'm hoping that at least DD and baby #3 will grow up close and play together a lot if they're close enough in age. I know it's not a guarantee and my experience with my younger sister may not be the same one my LOs would have with baby #3, I just feel like if we had too big a gap between #2 and #3 that I'd feel obligated to have a 4th close in age to #3 and I'm positive DH doesn't want 4 LOs and I don't think I do either.

Hello! Me! I was all set to start this week but then my tsh came back as 4.2 :'(

So off to the dr on Tuesday to demand more meds and blood tests and figure out some more things that might help.

Hate having to wait, our age gap is only growing and I will be 40 in July :0

KalonKiki.....I didn't even think about age gaps and planning #2 around that!!! I feel like I'm trying to plan the impossible with just #1 with work, hubby approaching 40, me being 30, college, home life...ugh! Looks like I should just give up and ride this crazy rollercoaster lol. I was the youngest of 5 kids and I have a 20yr age gap between 3 of the oldest!

Hello! Me! I was all set to start this week but then my tsh came back as 4.2 :'(

So off to the dr on Tuesday to demand more meds and blood tests and figure out some more things that might help.

Hate having to wait, our age gap is only growing and I will be 40 in July :0

I understand!! I got my levels checked a couple of weeks ago and was not happy with my TSH being at 3 lol. I go to the doctor Thurs to ask if he will get me below a 2.5. You say "demand" lol isn't that right?! You literally have to demand that they check things and treat them! Ugh I am not looking forward to this visit! What numbers are you shooting for??

Do you have any other kids? I had a friend who just gave birth at 38 with her 4th! :)

KalonKiki.....I didn't even think about age gaps and planning #2 around that!!! I feel like I'm trying to plan the impossible with just #1 with work, hubby approaching 40, me being 30, college, home life...ugh! Looks like I should just give up and ride this crazy rollercoaster lol. I was the youngest of 5 kids and I have a 20yr age gap between 3 of the oldest!

On my mom's side I'm the oldest of 5 (biological) kids, haha. Mom was 18 when she had me and 37 or 38 when she had my youngest brother. We definitely planned for the gap we have between DS and DD and I'm very pleased with it but a Summer 2019 baby works out best for us all around this time since DH will be home all Summer and DS will go to Kindergarten that Fall.

I have one little girl so far who is 4 in March.

Dr went ok ish. I got a med bump but not as much as I wanted, I have a blood test sooner than she normally books them and she's going to test for some vitamin levels as well :)
I want 2.5 but this med bump is apparently the last my Dr is prepared to consider with my tsh levels - she says she's only giving me this because she knows I am worried :-/ Not quite sure if she's forgotten or is ignoring the printouts I gave her about pre conception tsh...

I resisted babydancing last night but I think next cycle my willpower might evaporate. It's so hard, I don't want a poorly baby but also i want to have one soon or it won't be any benefit to my little girl at all :-/

Justmeinlove: I would be furious with my doctor if my levels were that high before trying. I know that is how my doctor appointment will go today so I will be going to a reproductive endocrinologist next! Have you ask to be referred (if possible) to one of those? I believe they are the ones who actually abide by the pregnancy standards for our TSH levels. I would really resist the urge to try until your vitamin levels come back too. I have really low D and calcium that I have prescriptions for but my levels are not good enough yet. I'm hoping by Aug I will be all set to try if not we will wait a yr to try in Aug 2018 (planning around my schooling). Keep me updated ;) I will post again after my appointment :p

Those are almost the ages my mom had us lol. I think she was 17 with number one and she dropped out of HS and had a litter lol. I really like the idea of planning around the ages!! Unfortunately for my stepson he will be almost 16 by the time we have one. However his mom did adopt two foster girls around 7 and 9 and he loves them :)

Well the endos nurse said she would discuss starting treatment to get my TSH down and to try and fix some of my symptoms with my dr. She said they are worried about the meds burning my heart out?? I have never heard this, I understand that being hypo can cause heart issues, but not treating it. Did they say anything about your heart? They also talked about my vitamin levels not being good for baby and that I need to get that in order first, this I knew. I'm on the hunt for prenatal vitamins.

Those are almost the ages my mom had us lol. I think she was 17 with number one and she dropped out of HS and had a litter lol. I really like the idea of planning around the ages!! Unfortunately for my stepson he will be almost 16 by the time we have one. However his mom did adopt two foster girls around 7 and 9 and he loves them :)

I'm sure your SDS will still have a good relationship with your LO! I have 3 older sisters on my dad's side and I get along with all of them so well as well as my younger siblings that my mom had when I was 17 and 19 years old. <3
I'm actually finding it rather stressful to plan around age gaps, lol. It's one thing to plan around school/work but it puts on a lot of pressure to have a certain age gap between your kids. The more I think about it the more I like TTC in 2018 though. I feel like it will be a lot less stressful than trying this year and DH probably won't feel ready until then anyway. Around 2 to 2 and a half years old is when DS started to feel a lot less like a baby and more like a child to us so I'm hoping that having the chance to reach that age with DD before we TTC will give my DH plenty of time to think about how much fun it would have to have another baby and to (hopefully) yearn for the baby stage again as much as I will.

Heart? All i inow is the impact if you don't take meds. Sounds a bit weird and scaremongery?

KalonKiki the only thing I worry about with SDS is that he will be jealous and/or afraid we are trying to replace him. I know that sounds silly but a year ago that is exactly what came out of his mouth. He is a very sensitive boy and I have reassured him several times that he will be loved and welcome here in this house always. My husband (DH?) is predisposed to having all boys for many, many generation there is only one female. So I think if its a boy then my SDS will really be upset that he's being replaced. You would think that would be ridiculous for a boy at 15 or 16 to think but that is what his mother tells him all the time, "They don't love you or want you, they are just going to replace you." It's heartbreaking the damage she has caused in that boy, I feel like all I do is damage control. Any who enough of the heavy....if we don't get pregnant we may wait until Aug 2018 too :) Because like yall I want this baby to come in the summer!

Are you allowing yourself a couple of months to conceive or just Aug? My cycles are short (26 days) so I am trying Aug, Sept, Oct. Then stopping until 2018.

Heart? All i inow is the impact if you don't take meds. Sounds a bit weird and scaremongery?

So I guess if you take the meds with a some what healthy thyroid and/ or you take a high dose you are liable to have a heat attack or other heart issues because it can/does speed up your heart rate. People with Hashi's tend to have low BP (mine gets scary low) but the meds help bring that up.

BUTTTT they decided to treat me!!!!!!!! :happydance: I'm on the starting dose of 25mg (.025mcg) of levothyroxine (which I hear is horrible) but I am excited and nervous lol. I started my prenatals last night and working out a couple of days ago :) (SUCKS) lol.

Oh no, I'm sorry that his mom is saying such horrible things to him. :(
I have a truly wicked step-mom but I've never believed that all step-moms are evil, I think a lot of them really love their step-kids and I just got a raw deal. I have my FXed that he will come to love his sibling. :hugs:

Honestly we're kind of counting on getting pregnant in the first cycle or 2 since it's never taken more than one shot for us to get pregnant, we're super fertile together. On the off chance that somehow our fertility has taken a hit we'd probably skip a few months to avoid a September - December birthday (DS is in September, I'm in October, DH is in November, and obviously Christmas is in December) and then pick up again for a January or February baby, skip June since DD is a March baby, and then pick back up from there for an April - August baby. I highly doubt it would come to that though. We're really just hoping for an early summer baby since DH is a teacher and has the whole summer off so that would be a huge help for me during recovery with 2 other LOs and he would get to actually spend real quality time with our newborn during the first few months. I probably wouldn't wait an extra year just to get my summer baby if we didn't conceive right away but I'm really hoping for that late May - late June baby. I've never made it past 38 weeks exactly in a pregnancy so I'm trying to plan around that too since it's unlikely I'll ever make it to 39 weeks, much less my due date. It's hard to plan when my cycles are irregular while breastfeeding though so I'm going to have to wait until they're regular again after weaning to truly plan my TTC date.

I have an evil stepmother too! I mean evil!!!!! I know from being a stepmother that it is a choice weather or not you even try to care for someone else's child. It was really hard at first not to want to hate everything about him that was like his bio mom but I refused to hate a child of my husbands who I loved so much. I didn't have any kid experience to begin with so that made it really hard. But after a few years of getting to know him and typical kid behavior I found my place with him. He tells me I'm more like a big sister to him but I remind him I still enforce his fathers rules he just doesn't see that often because he is a good kid lol. 5yrs into being a stepmom and I love him like he was mine (even though I know my own will be different).

I'm glad I'm not the only one hoping to get pregnant on the first try :p I know my husband thinks we wont get pregnant right away but I feel differently for some odd reason. I just don't see why we wouldn't with me doing OPK's and him having "super sperm" (according to the doctor). Even though, like you, we are planning I'm still terrified that we are considering doing this! I still have two yrs of college!!

If it makes you feel better I still have a minimum of 4 years of college because I haven't started yet (hope to this Fall) and I have 2 kids. I promise you can do this! :hugs:
DH was convinced we'd get pregnant right away last time with DD since it took nothing to get pregnant with DS and I didn't believe him, I really thought it would take 2 or 3 cycles. I was so shocked when he was right. This time I know better. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"