WTT August 2014-need to get healthy!

Foxybabyhg3

Mamma to Skylar TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi All

I guess I belong here right now. Had DD after 12yrs of trying on our 1st IVF. Due to issues with my diabetes she was born at 29w4d weighing 2lb 1oz and spent 11w in NICU. We have a frosty waiting for us. So I'm having a big blow out at Christmas (missed out on pâté and Brie last yr) and that gives me 8 months to get my diabetes in check before transferring #2.

I know it may not work, but if I get healthy I could conceive naturally as my PCOS will ease up too.

Hope to chat to you all over the coming months :flower:

Hi Foxybaby! Welcome in WTT! You will find you have a lot of PCOS palls in here :) I hope you can get your eating plan in order by the summer. I'm also aiming to lose some weight before TTC hoping this will help with my PCOS. I'm currently WTT #1.

Hello, nice to meet you :D I'm so sorry to hear you had to try so long for your DD but she's totally adorable! Are you a type 1 diabetic?

Hi! I am also WTT for #2 in August 2014! 7 months goes fast, so it will be here before you know it. Hubby and I only plan to have 2 kids so this will be my last pregnancy. I so want to have another baby now but am trying to refrain! LOL

I need to lose some weight so I am starting a carb cycling diet on Monday. I am good with the gym but it is the eating that gets me. I am back to pre-pregnancy weight but was heavy to begin with (207 pounds). I would like to get down to 180 pounds for pregnancy #2.

hi I am wtt #1 want to get healthier and lose a bit of weight its been so hard over Christmas tho! so from today going to eat more fruit and veg and cut down on junk food and start my yoga again and swimming :) we can motivate each other. and yes I hope 7 months go fast but still going to enjoy child free time with OH before the mayhem begins haha

I'm also WTT until August! I have just a little bit of weight that I'd like to lose, but mainly, I'd like to get back into healthy habits More fruit and veg and get back into going to the gym at least 2x per week. Hope the next 7 months fly by for all of us!!

We are WTT #2 until about July/August depending on how things pan out. I am trying to lose about 20-30 lbs before then but its so hard to stay motivated!! I had impaired fasting glucose while pg with DD and they told me I was borderline type II diabetic after having DD. I am hoping that by losing some weight that my blood sugars will stay under control next time! Fx'd that you can get your :bfp: first try!!

We should all keep in touch via this thread on our weight loss/getting healthy progress. Some motivation I know will help me! :)

We should all keep in touch via this thread on our weight loss/getting healthy progress. Some motivation I know will help me! :)

This sounds a great idea, motivating one another. I have a lot if weight to loose and want to try and loose 3.5 stone by june, which is whn i plan to come off the pill with a view to begin ttc #2 in August.

Leikela, our LO's birthday's are only a day apart, Isaacs is the 20th october :flower:

Dawnlouise,

Yes, you are right! Our LO's are only one day apart! Wow! How is he doing? My little one is doing well. I cannot believe how fast they grow! She isn't walking yet but is trying! She takes a few steps and then falls in a heap! LOL She has also just started having mini tantrums when she doesn't get what she wants. She will bang her head on things, hit herself in the head and throw herself backwards. It is actually pretty funny but I tell her no and she stops. It is just so fun to see them grow and develop! :)

Leikela,

Your LO is gorgeous.

Isaac walked the day after his first birthday, but he never really did the hesitant standing / try to walk, he just got up and did it. Now there is no stopping him lol.
He tantrums very much like you LO when told no. He has also now learnt to say no in context, so this morning i asked him to sit down for breakfast and he said 'no' and walked the other way, cheeky monkey. Sometimes he makes me want to laugh when he does these 'naughty' things, but i have to try hard to keep a straight face and tell him no..... He finds himself amazingly funny!.
I agree it is such fun seeng them grow and develop. I still look at him most days and think ' i can not believe you are half mummy, half daddy...... We created a real person'....... I amazes me.

I can't wait to ttc #2 i hope it does not take us a year like it did with Isaac. I would ideally like a 2 year 7 months - 3 year age gap, so i am hoping we fall quickly when we try. I just need to try harder with this dieting.

Foxybaby, she's looks adorable in your profile pic.

I'm trying to get a bit healthier before TTC. I want to lose about 20 or so pounds, and get myself fitter. Having said that, I went to the shop after my night shift finished and bought some very unhealthy food, and I've just woken up and eaten some. Oops!

I did buy a lot of fruit and veg when I went to the supermarket the other day, and have made myself some lovely meals. I want to start swimming again (I used to do a lot of swimming when I was younger) and maybe trying to fit an exercise routine in every other day or so.

Thanks Dawnlouise! From your profile picture, you son looks so darn adorable! What a great smile he has! :) And aren't they just so funny? My LO cracks me up everyday. She will shake her head No when she doesn't want something. They teach sign language at her school and she will sign for "more" and then will sign "more" but shake her head when she is done. LOL

And I agree! I look at my LO and am just amazed that my husband and I made a little person! It is mind blowing sometimes! :)

I hope it doesn't take you as long to conceive #2 as well! Did you try using the ovulation sticks? The first two months we just tried and nothing. Then the 3rd month I used the ovulation sticks and the next thing you knew, we were expecting!

Do you have a plan for losing weight and getting healthy? I am starting with eating more whole foods and smaller portions. I already exercise frequently but really need to fix my eating habits. I want to try a carb cycling diet as well but I want to see how I do on the clean eating first. :)

Thanks Leikela! he is a very smiley little boy most of the time - that photo is quite old, i should add another soon :) your little one sounds like such fun. i love it when their little personalities shine thorugh.

when ttc Isaac we went 6 months wothout using anything to aid ttc and then we brought the clearblue fertility monitor (kind of high tech fertility sticks) and 6 months on them and we finally caught the egg. This time round we shall use cheap ovulation tests from the start.

In terms of loosing weight and getting healthy I am trying to go to the gym 2-3 times a week and i try to walk on the days i can't make the gym. Gym attendance is a bit hit and miss at the moment as if i have had an awful day with isaac the last thing i want to do is go to the gym later but i know i should do it.
I am using myfitnesspal to track food and that seems to be working a bit.

what is a carb cycling diet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->