WTT...but possibly pregnant? 6 days late now. Help :/

ashleyg

Mama to three
Reaction score
I'm sorry to post this here but I thought I'd get a little more responses and opinions compared to some other forums...

So DH and I are(were?) WTT to baby #3 until beginning of 2018 but currently I'm about 6 days late for my period, I got one positive digital pregnancy test, one FRER with a super faint line & all negative tests after that. I got my blood drawn on Friday to check for pregnancy, but I won't hear back with the results until Monday. I'm so confused! Could this be a chemical or is the HCG just not high enough yet?? I have 2 kids and I've never had this happen before. I have absolutely no period symptoms like I usually do but have a few pregnancy signs (tiredness, dizzy, peeing a lot, nauseous with certain smells). Has anyone dealt with something similar? What was the result?

I had this happen to me once except I had faint lines for about a week instead of a couple days like most chemicals. I had bloods drawn during that week and they were showing a steady rise even though my lines were light. However, eventually my tests went back to negative and a few days afterwards I had another round of betas that showed that they were no longer doubling. I did indeed end up having a chemical. I'm so sorry you're experiencing this. Hopefully you'll have better news than I did :hugs2:

I've never had a CP (to my knowledge to be entirely fair) but I have known a lot of women that have and unfortunately that's what it sounds like. I'm really sorry and I hope that I'm wrong. Thinking of you! :hugs:

Thanks ladies. I forgot I posted this lol.

Period is still late so I have no idea what's going on. My blood test showed as negative for pregnancy so idk what could be going on! I'm just waiting for AF to show up so I can start tracking my cycles for when we TTC in a few months! Ugh. All of this has been so confusing and super weird

Hugs mama! That's incredibly frustrating. I understand though, I have irregular cycles while breastfeeding and it really sucks not knowing for sure what my body is doing when and I don't like being surprised by AF. I started tracking this cycle so that I can hopefully figure out when my next AF will arrive but I have a feeling it isn't going well since DD's sleep schedule changed right after I started tracking and I don't want to move my alarm up an hour or so and risk completely screwing up my tracking for the rest of the cycle. :nope:

My cycle came back in September and I've my period regularly until this last month. My periods don't usually do this so it's weird.

How do you track when you're ovulating if you're skipping periods? Do you still use OPKs? I'm tempted to buy a pack of the Wondfo OPKs and just start testing to see if/when I O because I'd like to kind of have an idea when we start TTC. This is throwing me off and now I'm worried its going to be messed up and it'll take longer to get pregnant :cry:

I take my temps and use Fertility Friend. I don't skip periods, they're just irregular so I never know when I'm going to ovulate or when AF is going to arrive on any given month until after my babies wean (this happened with DS too, my cycles regulated again 4 months after he weaned). Based on the shortest and longest cycles I've ever had in my life my cycle could be anywhere between 25-42 days (42 is unlikely as that was only ever one cycle in my life and it was due to stress). My longest cycle after DS was 38 days (my first PP cycle after him) and my first PP cycle with DD was 34 days. I'm on my second PP cycle now, currently CD 17. I think I'm in my fertile period based on my CM and I'm expecting to ovulate anywhere between 1-3 more days maybe.

Hm interesting. I have no idea how to track temps. I only ever used OPKs and CM when we were TTC our youngest. According to countdowntopregnancy, my average cycle is 32 days (just based off of the few I've had so far) and my expected period was due on Dec 31, which I skipped. But I'm sure that could give or take a few days. But if I went off of that calculation, tomorrow I would be 6 days late for my period. So I have no idea wtf is happening.

Temping is easier than the charts make it look. You just make an account with Fertility Friend and there's even an app for your phone (which I use, it makes things so much easier). You buy a basal body temperature thermometer (they're pretty inexpensive and you can even buy them at Walmart), then set an alarm for the same time every day. Preferably you'll want to have had 3 or more hours of REM sleep before that alarm goes off. Once your alarm goes off you take your temperature with that BBT thermometer without leaving the covers (so keep it by your bed) and then record your temperature for that morning on the calendar in your Fertility Friend app. You'll want to start temping at the beginning of your cycle. You can also record CM, cervical position, and other symptoms for ovulation and pregnancy. 3 days after your ovulation temperature dip you'll get red cross hairs on your chart to confirm ovulation. You could be pregnant as long as your temps stay above the horizontal red line of your crosshairs, if your temp dips below that line you're not pregnant and you'll likely know before AF arrives. I won't be taking OPKs until TTC, temping is just so I can keep track of AF right now as once I've confirmed O I can do the best guesswork I can based on what I think my LP is right now.

Thank you! That definitely sounds a little easier than what I thought. Obviously I'd prefer to just use OPKs but right now with this weird cycle I might have to do that to keep track until AF shows up again. I'll be sure to come find you if I have any questions with temping!

Temping is definitely not as intimidating as it seems. I have a bbt that records like 30 or 60 days worth of info. So while I was tracking cycles and then trying, I would just take it in the AM and then record it later on when I had a minute to do so.

I will say that with DS, my cycles came back 6 months pp, were regular for 6 months and then went off again for the next 6 or 7. I was still BF'ing and then weaned him but it was all hormones regulating. I was having annovulatory cycles and when I did ovulate had a short LP. We were going to be trying again and wanted everything back in line. I talked to my doctor and she put me on a chasteberry supplement (also called vitex) and b6 and eventually they did get back in line.

Even though your LO is 6 months old, it could just be an imbalance throwing things off. I would definitely talk to your doctor if your period doesn't show to see what they recommend. Hope you get some answers soon!

Thanks so much for the info!

I'm still nursing my son so maybe that's why? How can I track my cycles then if they're starting to get irregular? I don't think my dr will prescribe me anything if I'm still nursing. As easy as temping sounds, I'd rather not and just use OPKs but since my period is irregular I have no idea when to even start using them? Just test everyday until I O?

If you're still nursing then I would think that is definitely the culprit. Hormones can go out of whack at any point really while nursing (at least in my experience). I'm not sure about the supplements...I went on them after DS was weaned. I would assume the b6 would be OK since prenatal have it in them (though it's benefit is to lengthen your LP which right now isn't the issue for you). but vitex is pretty strong and I'm not sure if it would be recommended or not. Safest bet would be to call your doctor and set up a meeting to discuss for sure.

I have zero experience with OPKs so I am no help there. I will say temping allowed me to see and predict my cycles very accurately. However, if you're up a few times at night nursing, it's not going to do you any good really. You need at least a 3 hour stretch of solid sleep for accurate readings (unless you've been blessed with a good sleeper? Mine was terrible until he weaned).

I hope things get sorted for you soon before starting to try again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"