WTT February 2014

I just made my appointment to have my implanon taken out - February 4th!

Hi guys! I don't believe that I've posted in here, but I'll be TTC as of February! Our date has slowly moved closer and closer, because we went from saying we'd try 1 year after our wedding, to our wedding date, to one month before, to two months before.

I can't believe January is here and in a month it'll be just about our time! We're getting married in April as well.

Welcome Manda! And CONGRATS on the wedding! We got married last June/July and it was amazing. I hope everything is coming together in the planning. :D

Welcome Manda! And CONGRATS on the wedding! We got married last June/July and it was amazing. I hope everything is coming together in the planning. :D

Thanks! It's so crazy that it's all starting to happen, because it all seemed so far away and now it's like baby and wedding GO time. OH keeps making references to "a year from now, we could have our little one". I swear when he says "little one" it makes me melt. :cloud9:

The planning for the wedding has been a long, slow process, but it's getting close and I'm starting to get nervous, because it feels like it's happening so soon and I'm worried I'll forget something.

We initially wanted to wait until after the wedding to TTC, but I literally feel like I physically and mentally cannot wait that long (even though its just a 2 month difference). So I decided to stop charting and temping for a couple months, so that I can try to take an easygoing approach and NTNP, until March/April when we will get down to it!

It's looking like my February cycle will start around the 10th/11th and I'll probably O sometime around the 25th. My cycles range between 26-28 days. Anyone have a similar cycle? :flower:

Anyone feeling nervous now that it's getting closer?

We decided to bump things up a month, because we didn't really have any reason not to, so we're looking at starting in earnest in a week or so. And we're both kind of terrified! Excited, but it's definitely scary.

Congratulations on the wedding! You probably will forget something (that's just how weddings go). As long as it's not the groom, you'll have a wonderful time anyway :D

MrsK! Yay for the date move up! Good luck. ;) I am scared and excited as well. It seems a bit ridiculous when I look at my husband to think the universe could leave us in charge of a small wee creature. And he will make SUCH CUTE BABIES.

My cycles are a bit whacky because of the implanon, I started keeping track back in June just for something to do while I waited and the since then my cycles have been 37, 40, 34, 39 and 45 days. So a bit all over the place. Hoping they shorten and regulate quickly!

MrsK! Yay for the date move up! Good luck. ;) I am scared and excited as well. It seems a bit ridiculous when I look at my husband to think the universe could leave us in charge of a small wee creature. And he will make SUCH CUTE BABIES.

My cycles are a bit whacky because of the implanon, I started keeping track back in June just for something to do while I waited and the since then my cycles have been 37, 40, 34, 39 and 45 days. So a bit all over the place. Hoping they shorten and regulate quickly!

Long cycles sound so appealing for your entire life, except when TTC!

My OH keeps saying things like "it won't be just us anymore, we'll have a little one to look after" and "wow... no I mean wow... it's just crazy to think I'm old enough to have a kid and be responsible for another human... no really it's so weird" OR the best is when the dog will be barking and he'll be like "imagine that in a year, there could be a screaming baby over there"... men :dohh:

It's really crazy to think of. Every time I start to think we've gone completely insane, we'll see some kid being really cute or start to imagine all the things we can do with our kids, and I re-convince myself :p I think we're both a bit motivated by my brother's new baby now. Not in a competitive way, but in a "Yay! Similar age cousins!" way.

And it seems like every month now, there's some new party or event with alcohol coming up. I'm telling myself that if I don't get pregnant, at least I can have fun at all these various events ;)

The planning for the wedding has been a long, slow process, but it's getting close and I'm starting to get nervous, because it feels like it's happening so soon and I'm worried I'll forget something.

Yeah, so many small things went wrong on our wedding day but it was still an amazing day! The nice part is that the guests will have no idea :) Good luck and congratulations!

It's looking like my February cycle will start around the 10th/11th and I'll probably O sometime around the 25th. My cycles range between 26-28 days. Anyone have a similar cycle? :flower:

Hi Mandaa,

My Feb cycle should start around the 6th and I typically have a 29 day cycle, and I O late (usually CD19), so it's supposed to be on the 25th like you! Although I'm kinda hoping I will O earlier because my luteal phase has been a little short. We can be TTC buddies :)

I am starting to get nervous for sure! Super excited, but also nervous. I've been a nursery, preschool, and kindergarten teacher over the years, so I've been surrounded by LOs for my whole career so far, but I'm still super freaked out about having my own! Especially at the teeny tiny baby stage! I also think I'm going to be the WORST about childbirth - I'm a huge wimp with pain! I'm also overseas until July, so I've become preoccupied by all the pregnancy issues I might encounter while away from home...that's been scaring me a lot!

I have no idea when my cycle will start, maybe immediately after the implanon is out? So the 4th? Apparently I should expect it in the first three weeks or so at least.

Hi Ladies! I hope you all had a lovely New Years, yay for new members! All the best with your wedding manda, we got married nearly four years ago, it seems so unreal to say that! I still however remember the stress of ensuring all is organised. I have two tips: delegate! As much as possible. And don't sweat the small stuff as on the day it pales into insignificance, truly :)

I have just got back from Samoa, wow what an experience, including a truly life and death journey on the ferry, absolute hell for three hours and it made me realise what is important! I could not wait to get home to my husband I tell you!

I am getting so excited that we are about to try, we are both so ready. I think my Feb cycle is later in the month but we will still act as if we are trying from Feb 1st anyway! You never know and my cycles are a little unpredictable and vary in length. I'm hoping to lose more weight, first weigh in on Monday since my holiday.... I'm glad we went somewhere where it was too hot to eat! And the food very average, haha.

Counting down ladies!

I also set my ticker for February first, even though I won't even get AF until around the 10th, but hey we can have unprotected sex anytime we want after February first and that's a celebration in itself!

We don't use any other contraception other than OH pulls out during my fertile times, because I normally chart. But it'll be very nice not to have to worry about that last step in the BD process.

OK bit of an exciting change! We are now actively TTC! Had a chat this morning and figured, what's four weeks earlier? Ha ha :) I'm so happy! I know I'm not fertile now but there's nothing like getting some practise in and I feel so excited to be on the journey!!!

OK bit of an exciting change! We are now actively TTC! Had a chat this morning and figured, what's four weeks earlier? Ha ha :) I'm so happy! I know I'm not fertile now but there's nothing like getting some practise in and I feel so excited to be on the journey!!!

Woohoo! Exciting!

Yayyyyy! Awesome news TB. See you over in TTC in a few weeks ;)

Hooray! That's wonderful news, TB. Hopefully your stay there won't be long, but I'll also see you over there very soon!

:dust:

Okay, it feels weird to be excited when I'm this crampy and headachy, but AF showed today, which means only 1 more cycle until TTC! It's all starting to feel so real now! AND my luteal phase increased to 11 days... Still a little short, but a good sign that my body is further adjusting itself after coming off BCP. I am SO looking forward to February!!! :)

That's great about the LP! I'm still on my period at the moment, counting down the days!

DH is sick, and I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to ovulate earlier than the average (not really tracking anything), so there's a chance we'll be wtt til February after all :( Someone send chicken soup!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->