• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Wtt final miracle at 42

Suggerhoney

♡Praying for a miracle rainbow baby at 43♡
Reaction score
Hiya ladies
So thought I wud start a post and see if anyone else is also wtt.
I'm turning 42 on 17th December so decided to start trying April 2022. My youngest will be 7 months then which I know is still very young but with time not being on my side I didn't want to risk leaving it to late.
Ideally wanted to hold off another year but feel like that cud be pushing it a bit because I will be 43.
Dr Google still says there's a chance for womon 40 41 and 42 but it seems from 43 our fertility plummets again and continues to do so untill menopause.

It took us 11 months to conceive our youngest. And sadly I suffered 4 early miscarriages last year in 2020 so I'm preparing myself for it to be hard and telling myself there may be more early miscarriages. Unfortunately very common in older womon.
But hopefully we will get our final miracle and then my family will feel complete.
Is there anyone else thinking of trying around April time? Feel free to join and help me keep sane while waiting lol.
I'm already eager to start buying opks and hpts and I'm still on the mini pill lol. I'm such a poasa so will be getting them in just b4 we start trying. I'm coming off the pill march then we will start trying april/May.

Feel excited about it but also a bit nervous. I know there's a chance I may be too old but gonna give our best shot. My 8 year dd wud love a baby sister because she has 4 brothers.
I'm not bothered myself about gender. Just a healthy baby wud be the best.
I keep getting doubts and wonder if I cud cope with 3 under 4. If I was younger I wud definitely hold off but I just don't have time on my side at all.

Anyway ladies feel free to join esp if ure also wtt. Be nice to have others to talk to who are also waiting like me.

Hi :hi:how exciting. I’m also wtt for our final baby. I’ve already got three fab boys and want to try for number 4 before it gets too late. I’ll be 40 at the end of next year so I plan to spend the next 6 months getting myself as prepared as possible and then I am hoping to TTC around June/July. Be lovely to chat to people in a similar situation :)

Hi I would love to wait/ttc with you as its so quiet round here these days. I don't post often anymore but thinking about ttc has me back online! We are trying for my third (first for my new oh) after Xmas and I'm 35

I'm happy to see a little bit of activity on this forum. It's hard not to feel alone when you're in that 35+ category.

I'm 36, have a 10 year old daughter and two stepsons (9 and 11 years old).

I had a chemical pregnancy the month after coming off of the pill and then a miscarriage at 8 weeks last year (October 2020). We've been taking the "NTNP" kind of approach, but let's get real... I know when I'm ovulating so it's more like "trying, not preventing."

My new theory (completely, 100% non medical theory) is that since my eggs are older, I need to bd several days before ovulation so that he swimmers are just waiting for my advanced maternal eggs . We'll see how this theory works this month. We did manage to bd on O-6, O-5, and O day.

Are any of you doing anything differently?

Hey sweetie you know I’m right here with you!!
I will be 40 in May 2022 and my cycle/fertility tends to return when I’m about 14 months postpartum. My youngest is almost 8 months old.
With my age I imagine baby 6 would be our last but we will likely keep trying/hoping until the bitter end, ha!

Yay so good to see u all here. It is very quiet on here now isn't it. I remember it being such a busy forum when I was on here and pregnant with my now 8 year old dd. It was so busy but now it's not which is a shame.
Glad to have some ladies rolling along with me tho and I'm so excited for us all wtt.

So I've been thinking and I've now decided to start trying in May.
I've only just turned 42 so hoping it will be ok.
My little man will be 8 months old then and if by some amazing miracle I fall quickly at least I won't be due until 2023.
Not sure how I wud feel about being due in 2022 when I only had a baby in 2021 lol.
So yeah gonna hold out till May. DH has his birthday in May as well so that's nice.
I mean cud take ages again but u just never know do ya haha.

I was looking at opks and hpts again ladies someone please stop me hahaha. Its so tempting when there there on offer.

LOL

Hi all, lovely to see so many in a similar situation I used to read this forum all the time when I was having my boys -my youngest is 9, It’s exciting being back here. I’ve already bought ovulation tests and have started tracking haha! I can have quite irregular periods due to pcos so want to get a good idea of my cylcle before June. At the moment I’m just concentrating on that aswell as trying to loose some weight to try and get as healthy as possible.

Excited for everyone….bring on 2022

Hi all, lovely to see so many in a similar situation I used to read this forum all the time when I was having my boys -my youngest is 9, It’s exciting being back here. I’ve already bought ovulation tests and have started tracking haha! I can have quite irregular periods due to pcos so want to get a good idea of my cylcle before June. At the moment I’m just concentrating on that aswell as trying to loose some weight to try and get as healthy as possible.

Excited for everyone….bring on 2022

Hi hon

It's 2022 yay. Ooooh what OPKs did u go for?
I caved and brought mine hahaha.
I got 2 different brands.
Easy@home and wondfo.
Easy@home are really good and so are there pregnancy tests.
The wondfo opks are good too and they also came with pregnancy tests but I'm not familiar with them. I also cudnt resist and brought 3 boxes of frer so 6 frer gosh I'm such a addict haha.

I'm still on the mini pill so not using the OPKs yet but just to give me that little fix I peed on a wondfo HPT and opk and a Easy@home HPT and opk I mean I just had to see if them HPTs gave any weird shadows or anything hehe.
I will be doing the OPKS as soon as I come off the mini pill.
Not long now and I'll be peeing on everything :rofl:

Hi hon

It's 2022 yay. Ooooh what OPKs did u go for?
I caved and brought mine hahaha.
I got 2 different brands.
Easy@home and wondfo.
Easy@home are really good and so are there pregnancy tests.
The wondfo opks are good too and they also came with pregnancy tests but I'm not familiar with them. I also cudnt resist and brought 3 boxes of frer so 6 frer gosh I'm such a addict haha.

I'm still on the mini pill so not using the OPKs yet but just to give me that little fix I peed on a wondfo HPT and opk and a Easy@home HPT and opk I mean I just had to see if them HPTs gave any weird shadows or anything hehe.
I will be doing the OPKS as soon as I come off the mini pill.
Not long now and I'll be peeing on everything :rofl:

I know, how exciting\\:D/! I’ve got the one step ones. I never really thought about efficiency of opks before, just assumed they’d all be the same but these don’t seem to picking up a surge. I’ve been a bit worried that I’m not ovulating so my plan is to pick up a new brand, I’ll try those easy@home ones first.

I haven’t bought any pregnancy tests yet but I might have to try one out when the ovulation tests arrive :lol:! When are you planning on coming off the mini pill?

I just wanted to thank you suggerhoney for the recommendation for the easy@home tests. I ordered some and after two months of not getting a second line on the one step ones, the easy@home have shown a really obvious second line. It’s not a surge but gives me hope that I am ovulating as I was starting to really worry that I was wasn’t. Just checked and the tests I was using expired in 2020 8-[ so that’s probably why hahaha! Feeling a lot more hopeful now though.

I just wanted to thank you suggerhoney for the recommendation for the easy@home tests. I ordered some and after two months of not getting a second line on the one step ones, the easy@home have shown a really obvious second line. It’s not a surge but gives me hope that I am ovulating as I was starting to really worry that I was wasn’t. Just checked and the tests I was using expired in 2020 8-[ so that’s probably why hahaha! Feeling a lot more hopeful now though.

Yay hon so glad u went for easy@home they are my favourites. I found with the one step opks they were hard to read.
I'm so glad u have brought better tests and so excited for you

Well was thinking of ttc from May so probably come off the mini pill in late March early April.

Not long now.

Hey, how are you doing? I *think* we are unofficially NTNP as DH has given up on protection or pull out, the last few times, and dropped a few hints about babies. I'm going to roll with it without having a big conversation about it because I think its best for me if we can just let it happen rather than ttc.

:HI: hey love I'm here all for this I'll be 35 in May doesn't seem to far away tho ntnp atm (I no we crazy) :-=\\:D/ have high peak on cb advanced just hope I don't keep having highs tho only have 3 sticks left for it lol, I'm so excited for you and can't wait for all the test pics xx

Hey, how are you doing? I *think* we are unofficially NTNP as DH has given up on protection or pull out, the last few times, and dropped a few hints about babies. I'm going to roll with it without having a big conversation about it because I think its best for me if we can just let it happen rather than ttc.

Ooooow this is so exciting. I love it that ure gonna go with the flow. I keep telling myself that's what I will do buy I can bet I will become obsessive lol. Good luck hon.
I've started a ttc journal over in the ttc forum. Will be posting future tests there.

:HI: hey love I'm here all for this I'll be 35 in May doesn't seem to far away tho ntnp atm (I no we crazy) :-=\\:D/ have high peak on cb advanced just hope I don't keep having highs tho only have 3 sticks left for it lol, I'm so excited for you and can't wait for all the test pics xx

Hay hon I've strated a ttc journal over in the ttc forum. Just click on ttc forum then click on ttc journals and u will see me. Will be posting all tests over there.
Oh no its so annoying when u only have a few sticks left. All I know is with the CB one u get a static smiley when the cheapies have a darker test line than the control line.
Maybe just use the cheapies for now hon and as soon as u get a peak on them then do the CB. Or I think u can just buy the sticks for cb on ebay.
When I got my cb advanced I got it on offer on amazon. Think it was 20 something quid for 20 sticks. I think I only used 10 sticks tho for 2 cycles then got my bfp xx

Wow I just saw a post from sugger in the first tri!! I guess you didn't have to wtt long

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"