WTT - First baby/travel/endometriosis - Advice needed

TravelandBaby

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

This is my first post and I'm hoping for any advice you can give me.

My husband and I have always wanted a big family and thought we would start trying soon after we got married (we got married 3 months ago). We are also both passionate about travel.

I know that I have endometriosis even though I have never had a laproscopy. It took years to figure out what it was. My pain is bad during my period and a lot of times during intercourse but absolutely horrible during ovulation. Many times I've ended up in the ER as the pain has been unbearable.

Birth control did not help the pain, but a medication called Visanne (made specifically for endometriosis) did. I used it for the past year and it completely stopped my periods. After our honeymoon, I stopped using Visanne so my cycles can become regular again. I now have my periods and the pain is back.

My husband is still in school and finishes at the end of March. We were thinking to travel for a few months after that and then come back and TTC.

Here are the reasons I am scared to wait to TTC:

- we are both in our late twenties
- I have hypothyroidism and endometriosis
- my doctor has always recommended getting pregnant instead of laproscopy as it causes scar tissue and could result in more damage/pain. I'm worried I might need it to remove blockage. If I need it and waited to TTC it would cause further delay.

Reasons I want to wait to TTC

- we can travel
- my husband will be done school and we are hoping to establish a small business
- we can gain potential customers through our travels

Questions:

Does anyone have endometriosis and done laproscopy then gotten pregnant?

Does anyone have endometriosis and gotten pregnant without laproscopy?

Does anyone have hypothyroidism and had issues getting pregnant?

Has anyone waited TTC in order to travel? Or vice versa?

I'm so confused and there are so many more issues going on but I tried to keep this short and just mention the key things I an worried about. My friends either want babies and don't care about travel or just want to travel and are no where near ready for babies, so I am hoping you can give me any advice or personal experiences.

Thank you!

A year won't make a difference, give your husband a chance to finish school, enjoy your first year of marriage together, travel and enjoy this time. You're young and neither the hypothyroidism or the endo will make much difference between now and a year from now. I have no experience personally with either, though I have friends who have, one did need IVF, but others got pregnant easily and they were much older than you (mid 30s to 40 when they decided to TTC). If you want a big family, you won't have time for yourselves again and you won't easily be able to travel, or at least not in the same way and it will be expensive to do once you're parents. Do it now and enjoy your time together. You never get this back. Having babies is lovely, but your life changes, as does your relationship, so make the most of the time now. In terms of your medical situation, it's not going to be much different this time next year as it is now, so I wouldn't let that rush it. I didn't start TTC our first until I was 31, but we had an amazing few years before that traveling and working abroad, we also took one last trip just for two weeks right before we started TTC and it was so worth it. It'll be another 10+ years before we can ever do anything like that again as we have a 3 year old and about to TTC our 2nd and last. It was very worth the wait to have that time together.

Thank you so much for your reply. We've lived together for several years and have been together for 10 years, but never had the chance to travel much (we've been to a few all inclusive resorts down south).

I change my mind all the time about waiting (maybe TTC whIle we travel?). So many people at my work have fertility issues and it's scary to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->