WTT for #1, a bit scared

sophima

Reaction score
I have been thinking about actually starting the TTC process. I am excited thinking about what it will be like and the emotions, the memories sharing everything with hubby but am also scare. I actually developed this fear because I read that most women have a miscarriage for their first pregnancy.

I even read on another thread where woman got their BFP and then after getting all excited and stuff they jus have a miscarriage. Not necessarily because they did anything wrong it just happens.

So thinking about that just makes me a bit scared. :nope: I know their is nothing one can do about it just make sure to take care of yourself and take prenatal. . BUT STILL........

I think am gonna be overly cautious when that time comes.

That is totally a valid worry, I find myself worrying about those things too. I think the best thing at this point is to just focus on the belief that everything will be alright and just think about having your baby. I tend to try to just remind myself always that if there is nothing that I can do about a situation, it's best to just try to let that go from my head and not focus on the scary thoughts. Although I have anxiety, so that is often easier said than done!

Something I found, hope it helps you to feel a little better about TTC.

According to the March of Dimes, as many as 50% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage -- most often before a woman misses a menstrual period or even knows she is pregnant. About 15-25% of recognized pregnancies will end in a miscarriage. More than 80% of miscarriages occur within the first three months of pregnancy.

I know it's scary, but statistics aside there is still a really good chance your first pregnancy will end in a happy healthy baby 9 months later.

While it is a worry for moms, please Dont let fear stop you from moving forward. I Dont think i agree with the statement "most first pregnancies end in miscarriage." There is no way to know the actual percentage of chemical pregnancies so you can only go by miscarriages after a missed period. As stated above, that percentage is 15-25%, so average to 20%. This means that 80% of pregnancies result in healthy babies.

I will not allow fear to stop me from going ahead with my plans of having a family. It's jus dear of loss that is terrifying, however the stats on the matter does give reassurance.

I am hoping for the best. I have been waiting so long for it. It jus don't want to let it go when it finally get to have it. "if that makes any sense"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->