WTT for #3 but don't know if i can cope

scissors

Reaction score
I have 2 boys already, a 3 yr old and 18 months and had originally planned on trying for #3 last september but i wasn't ready so said we would wait until this august but the closer its getting the more im worrying about it. How will i cope having 3 kids when i barely cope with the 2 i have?! I think i might have had a bit of PND after my 2nd but the doc just put it down to exhaustion. I still think my hormones are out of whack coz i turn into a psycho around the time of my period and the middle of my cycle when i should be ovulating but im on contraceptive pill. I get very moody and easily cry and feel like im not coping and then fight with my hubby, it could last for 1-3 days and then im ok again. My 18m still doesn't sleep through the night so i am extreemly exhausted all the time so don't know how i'll cope with a 3rd! But i know i'll regret it if i leave it any longer. Hubby works long hours and travels for work so i fo 99% of the parenting on my own, think thats why i found it so difficult going from 1 to 2 but just worry a 3rd might be too much of a strain and i want to be the best mommy i can be and don't know if i will be having a 3rd. This wasn't an issue ttc #2. Anyone else feel like this?

It's understandable your feeling a bit overwhelmed. Lack of sleep with two little ones is so hard :flower:
I know my hormones are still out of whack, so I started Angus Catcus as its meant to help regulate the hormones. Maybe worth finding out if the doctors can check your hormones?

I also have my days where I think I'm mad wanting to go through it all again, but ultimately in my heart I know it's for us to ttc again. I think I you probably know deep down what's right for you.

I think the best thing to do is wait until you are ready! I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old, you are almost there lol! And it's just now starting to get into an awesome routine where I feel human again and can finally breath! Absolutely get your hormones taken care of and give yourself a break. We are not ttc until Jan so when baby does come our oldest will be in kindegarden. Just deep breaths take it one day at a time, it was like I woke up one day and I was like aww I want another lol

Thanks, i know i defo want another and will regret it if we don't ttc again its just some days i don't think i'd be able for it. I never doubted i was ready on the first 2 so its weird to still not feel ready now. I just wish my youngest would sleep better, i was up 4 times lastnight and awake from 6am so just don't know how i would deal with that and a newborn! Im so jealous of those supermoms thats have a string of kids that are always well behaved and clean and she always has her hair and make up done to perfection with an immaculate house, where do these people find the time!

Is there any rush to have a 3rd yet? If not then don't put that pressure on yourself, have another one when you're ready! It sounds like you have a lot on at the minute so don't have a 3rd just for the sake of it if you're happy to wait a bit longer until you're ready!
We have a 2 year old (and 2 step children 10 & 12) and we want one more so are hoping to try at the end of the year. My friend asked why I wasn't trying last year and I said because i didn't want to put added pressure on myself! By the end of the year we will be better off financially and our daughter will be nearly 3, and to be honest I couldn't cope with another child right now! why would I put unnecessary stress on myself when I can wait a year and be ready?!

Boobee the only rush is i dont want to have a big age gap between them and want to get out of the baby stage asap! At the moment we're putting off sun holidays and other things as they're just too small and it would be more stress than anything so if i wait too long then the older 2 will be at a stage of theme park and sun holidays/days out ect but we'll still have a baby to stop us. Im actually feeling a bit better about trying in august, only worry now is getting them minded as family mind them now but dont think they would mind 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->