WTT for baby #2! Nervous & excited!

ashleyg

Mama to three
Reaction score
My husband and I were talking about possibly trying for our 2nd baby when my daughter (who is currently 4 months old) is around 10-11 months which will be in July/August. So when the baby is born they will be almost 2 years apart.

I'm a little nervous and excited about this lol. For one I really really miss being pregnant! I absolutely loved my pregnancy with our daughter but now that she'll be almost a year when we plan on trying for our second...it's a little scary think that I'll be chasing after a one year old while pregnant this time haha.

I'm also a little scared that I won't feel as connected with our second baby. With my daughter, my mom had passed away 3 months before I found out I was pregnant. She was like my little angel that helped me through such a tough time. I feel so so so connected to her and I'm nervous that I won't feel as bonded with my second baby. At the same time, I'm looking forward to seeing her be a big sister! I'm anxiously waiting for this summer to come so that my hubby and I can start talking about/actually trying.

Anyways if you've read all that thank you! I'd love to have a WTT buddy :flower::flower:

We are also waiting until our boy is around 1. Hopefully we won't have to try for very long like the first time. I have the same fears. Not giving the oldest enough attention and not being as connected to the youngest but everyone tells me it just comes naturally. I guess we do have enough love for all our children. It's just hard to imagine loving another little one as much as I love my boy. I wish you the best!

How exciting! Well, maybe the second will be a "daddy's boy/girl" since you have such a strong bond with the first! I don't have any experience, but everyone says you find enough love for them all!

How exciting! Well, maybe the second will be a "daddy's boy/girl" since you have such a strong bond with the first! I don't have any experience, but everyone says you find enough love for them all!

Haha maybe! Right now our daughter is definitely a mommys girl!

We are also waiting until our boy is around 1. Hopefully we won't have to try for very long like the first time. I have the same fears. Not giving the oldest enough attention and not being as connected to the youngest but everyone tells me it just comes naturally. I guess we do have enough love for all our children. It's just hard to imagine loving another little one as much as I love my boy. I wish you the best!

We weren't exactly planning for our daughter lol. So hopefully our second is easy to conceive as well! I love being a mom to our daughter so I know I'll love them both. But I guess it'll just be hard splitting the time up between the two.

We currently have a 6.5month old, and i am going off the mini pill in another week. We plan to not start trying right away, but hoping to get pregnant in the summer. If it happens sooner, so be it, but we will use rhythm method (this worked well for us in the past) to prevent pregnancy until ready. I will start tracking my cycle and ovulation again using the fertility friend app. Anyones cycle change after having a baby? I used to ovulate between CD 15 and 18, we will see if its the same. A little worried about being pregnant and chasing a LO around. But hopefully that will keep off some lbs!

We currently have a 6.5month old, and i am going off the mini pill in another week. We plan to not start trying right away, but hoping to get pregnant in the summer. If it happens sooner, so be it, but we will use rhythm method (this worked well for us in the past) to prevent pregnancy until ready. I will start tracking my cycle and ovulation again using the fertility friend app. Anyones cycle change after having a baby? I used to ovulate between CD 15 and 18, we will see if its the same. A little worried about being pregnant and chasing a LO around. But hopefully that will keep off some lbs!

I just got my period on the 4th which is when I used to get it before I got pregnant. In hoping my cycle doesn't change too much. I'm nervous that it'll take a while to conceive #2

Hello! :wave:
My DF and I are also planning to TTC baby #2 this summer. DS wasn't planned on our end either so I'm hopeful that it won't take much for us to get pregnant this time around, too. I'm both nervous and excited, I'm really kind of scared that I'll have another rough pregnancy while also chasing around a 1-2 year old (hopefully he'll still be 1 when we get pregnant, but he will definitely be 2 by the time that #2 is born).

Hello! :wave:
My DF and I are also planning to TTC baby #2 this summer. DS wasn't planned on our end either so I'm hopeful that it won't take much for us to get pregnant this time around, too. I'm both nervous and excited, I'm really kind of scared that I'll have another rough pregnancy while also chasing around a 1-2 year old (hopefully he'll still be 1 when we get pregnant, but he will definitely be 2 by the time that #2 is born).

I had a pretty easy first pregnancy. I got lucky lol. I'm praying my second will be the same.

Our daughter will be probably 4ish months away from 2yrs when the second baby is born.

We have a 3 week old and plan to do it all over again in 6 months! :D

Thank you :flower:

My husband is the one that wants the close age gap. He's an only child and wants our son to have somebody to grow up with. Also, I work as a nanny and we've worked things out so that I can take the children with me when I return to work, which means no childcare costs.

Thank you :flower:

My husband is the one that wants the close age gap. He's an only child and wants our son to have somebody to grow up with. Also, I work as a nanny and we've worked things out so that I can take the children with me when I return to work, which means no childcare costs.

That sounds like a nice plan! Hopefully you get pregnant quickly!

I'm so anxious for July to get here lol. I can't wait to be pregnant again! I'm also looking forward to seeing how my daughter reacts to being a big sister lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->