WTT for good reasons, but it’s breaking my heart

ImpatientWTT

Reaction score
Hello! I’m new here but have joined after watching the page for a while, I feel like there is no one else who understands how I’m feeling (or at least they are sick of hearing about it :lol:) and I need to vent.

We have agreed to try at the end of next year, which I am so excited about. I have always wanted to be a mum. I’ve been with my FH for 9 years (high school sweethearts) but despite that we have tried to take our time and really build good foundations. We are finally getting to that place: we have good savings, we own our own place, I’ve finished uni and have a pretty good job. We got engaged a while ago and will be married next year.

All. I. Think. About. Are. Kids.

I’m actually driving myself crazy with it. I watch births, I read books, I follow pages with cute baby things, I listed to podcasts. I think it’s actually becoming unhealthy but I can’t stop. My heart hurts from having empty arms. The other day we caught up with some friends at a BBQ and saw a bunch of acquaintances who are all pregnant or have brand new LOs. I cried in the car home.

Has anyone else experienced this all consuming desire for children while they are WTT? FH wants to do NTNP before we launch into TTC but I can’t imagine being chill enough to not be secretly TTC even if he thinks it is NTNP 8-[ I can’t un-know when I’m ovulating.

Honestly I’m scared for TTC because if I’m this bad now I don’t know how I’ll handle actually trying and waiting to fall pregnant.:help:

Ntnp doesn't have to look like random BD. If using a calendar or using OPK or whatever works for you, then do it. To me active trying is going all out and that doesnt sound like what you're doing.

Hey,

It's been years since being on this website. I too feel a bit obsessed with the WTT for a baby. My youngest is almost 6 years old, so it feels like a long time since I've had the desire for a new baby and for many years we thought we were done. But a month ago hubby and I thought I might be pregnant and this would have been an 'oopsie baby', but I was not. However, it got us thinking about wanting another baby. My husband has gone back to College for this year (we are 32 & 33), so hoping for a fall 2020 baby as he will be done school August 2020. This means waiting to try until January or February next year. Although that is just a few cycles to wait, it does feel like a long time.

So I definitely feel your pain on wanting to try right away but knowing you need to wait and obsessing on everything baby. I've been watching a lot of birth vlogs, pregnancy announcements, etc on YouTube haha. Hang in there and perhaps NTNP will get your man more excited about a baby.

Hey,

It's been years since being on this website. I too feel a bit obsessed with the WTT for a baby. My youngest is almost 6 years old, so it feels like a long time since I've had the desire for a new baby and for many years we thought we were done. But a month ago hubby and I thought I might be pregnant and this would have been an 'oopsie baby', but I was not. However, it got us thinking about wanting another baby. My husband has gone back to College for this year (we are 32 & 33), so hoping for a fall 2020 baby as he will be done school August 2020. This means waiting to try until January or February next year. Although that is just a few cycles to wait, it does feel like a long time.

So I definitely feel your pain on wanting to try right away but knowing you need to wait and obsessing on everything baby. I've been watching a lot of birth vlogs, pregnancy announcements, etc on YouTube haha. Hang in there and perhaps NTNP will get your man more excited about a baby.

Thanks for your message! I know it will be worth the wait, it's just all I can think about. FH is excited too, but feels like an extra year will help set us up. I don't know how he can be so patient :blush:

That is so exciting that you will be trying for #3 soon, did you always have an inkling that you might want another, or did the desire take you by surprise?

Ntnp doesn't have to look like random BD. If using a calendar or using OPK or whatever works for you, then do it. To me active trying is going all out and that doesnt sound like what you're doing.

Very true! I think I had NTNP in my head as totally chill and we will see what happens... rather than a plotter and planner like me hehe

Thanks for your message! I know it will be worth the wait, it's just all I can think about. FH is excited too, but feels like an extra year will help set us up. I don't know how he can be so patient :blush:

That is so exciting that you will be trying for #3 soon, did you always have an inkling that you might want another, or did the desire take you by surprise?

It definitely took us by surprise. I have no baby stuff left and will basically be like having my first again! haha. A couple years ago we discussed DH having a vasectomy, but we were still both young so I wasn't entirely sure if we might change our minds one day.

I can't imagine having to wait a year. This desire to try is so strong! I'm very tempted to just go with it but then the baby would be born before DH is finished his course and we'd have even less money without me working lol. From my past TTC, we've been very lucky falling pregnant, so not expecting to have to wait long this go around... so we have to be strong to not to just go for it haha. But I also know that babies come when they want and no matter how much you plan everything eventually works out!

I’m on-board with ya there! My pod mate at work just had her first grand baby and I got to hold the LO when she was 2 weeks old. I about bawled. My SO and I are waiting till after my gastric bypass, but it still driving me bonkers!

I’m on-board with ya there! My pod mate at work just had her first grand baby and I got to hold the LO when she was 2 weeks old. I about bawled. My SO and I are waiting till after my gastric bypass, but it still driving me bonkers!

Hey cowgirlbaby! Yes I know the feeling well. The last time we saw our friends little Bub I actually didn’t even go for a hold (unheard of for me) because I knew it would make me too sad! I am also trying to lose some weight before TTC, I think the end goal is good motivation :D when are you booked for your surgery?

Hey cowgirlbaby! Yes I know the feeling well. The last time we saw our friends little Bub I actually didn’t even go for a hold (unheard of for me) because I knew it would make me too sad! I am also trying to lose some weight before TTC, I think the end goal is good motivation :D when are you booked for your surgery?

no official date yet! I have my consult for my sleep study on the 29th of Jan. I have to do the sleep study first then I can do the preop classes and the optifast! So I am
Hoping March or April!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->