WTT July 2015 - anyone else in the same boat to chat with?

Do let us know how it goes, pradabooties!
I've been a bit sad lately... DH is still alright with trying in July but he says he prefers 2016, early or mid. It's 'just' a 6mths wait, or at most a year. I can still keep the Jul date but now I don't know whether I should. Reasons for waiting are mainly work deadlines.
On one hand, i want him to be as excited as me and anticipate the TTC process, so I would wait till he's less overwhelmed with his job. On the other hand, he's in a very busy industry and will always have multiple projects, and we'll already be financially ready by July so I just don't want to wait.
Any thoughts/ advice? :cry:

Hi skycastles,

Obviously only you and your OH can really make the decision but if I were you I would stick to July. On this website I've been told a lot don't wait to be completely ready or prepared because you never will be, you'll always find a reason however small to put it off again and again, trying to find the perfect time - which does not exist. Realising this is pretty much the basis for why I have decided to definitely go for it this year. It is understandable that your man wants everything in order with his job and perfect for when you TTC but maybe in 6 months time something else will be going on that will make either of you think you should put it off. It's just my opinion but I'd keep to your original date, I'm certain your OH will be completely thrilled when you fall pregnant, regardless of when it is :) xx

Hi prada, will be trying for number 3. Your symptoms sound like pg. Let us know when you test.

Hi Ridley2909! Aw that is so exciting :) giving your two children a little sibling will be an amazing feeling I bet.

I was planning to test today but I am too achy and unwell to leave the house...plus its raining! :dohh: So I will definitely be buying a test tomorrow and probably doing it the next morning. I will let you all know!

No AF so far obviously and the most prominent "symptoms" right now are tingling itching boobs and swollen/hard nipples...could just be my hormones having a crazy time but better to check! x

Is anyone else on the WTT list getting excited about maternity clothes?! I catch my husband wandering to the baby section in stores... but I've been "window shopping" at maternity stores online! With my dd, I wore sweatpants every day to work (I was in data entry working at 6:30am, so no strict dress code.) This time around (assuming I start ovulating), I'll be student teaching and will need a much more professional attire!

Hi mzimm1!
Yes!!! I feel exactly the same, I've been looking online at maternity clothing too. I'll be the same as you and need professional attire which should be a fun challenge. I work in fashion business so most of my life is spent thinking of clothing...so naturally I am pretty obsessed about baby clothes and maternity clothes! :happydance: We should all share any good websites we find. So far I've mostly been looking at maternity on ASOS and baby clothing on Zara

Thanks for taking the time to reply with your personal experiences ladies. Appreciate it!
I'll have a chat with DH again end of the month when we go for a short getaway. I decided I definitely don't want to delay beyond July, unless it's something he's extremely uncomfortable with.

Skycastles: Men generally don't get as excited as we do when it comes to trying for a baby and some of them never feel comfortable with legit trying. Speak your mind though, let him know how you feel and tell him that "simply not feeling ready" or "my job is stressful right now" is not an acceptable excuse and that this is very important to you and let him know the longest that you are willing to wait. You can also bring up the NTNP route, that usually seems like a much less stressful way to try for a baby for most men, even though it's usually just NTNP on the guy's part and actually TTC on the girl's part. I've been lucky in the fact that my DF is excited to TTC this year and that he agrees with me on age gaps, but when DS was younger it was almost impossible to get him to talk about when to TTC. It was even harder to get him to talk about TTC the first time around though, even though he was 27 with a Master's degree and certainly not "too young" to consider having a child, even for a man. We actually never TTC the first time, DS was a "happy accident". So honestly I have no idea when he would have been ready if we hadn't fallen pregnant when we did, I may have been WTT until at least June 2014 if not longer.

Hi skycastles,

Obviously only you and your OH can really make the decision but if I were you I would stick to July. On this website I've been told a lot don't wait to be completely ready or prepared because you never will be, you'll always find a reason however small to put it off again and again, trying to find the perfect time - which does not exist. Realising this is pretty much the basis for why I have decided to definitely go for it this year. It is understandable that your man wants everything in order with his job and perfect for when you TTC but maybe in 6 months time something else will be going on that will make either of you think you should put it off. It's just my opinion but I'd keep to your original date, I'm certain your OH will be completely thrilled when you fall pregnant, regardless of when it is :) xx

I haven't looked at zara baby clothes yet, but I've been shopping at gap and Ralph Lauren online for my friends' little girls! Prices are crazy for new arrivals, but when they have discounts, it's going for a fraction of the original cost:happydance:
I've been introduced to oshkosh recently and I went gaga over the beautiful toddler dresses when I dropped by a Jim Thompson store. I would love a little girl!
Haven't looked at maternity clothes at all. Will check out asos then.. Any other recommendations?

Is anyone else on the WTT list getting excited about maternity clothes?! I catch my husband wandering to the baby section in stores... but I've been "window shopping" at maternity stores online! With my dd, I wore sweatpants every day to work (I was in data entry working at 6:30am, so no strict dress code.) This time around (assuming I start ovulating), I'll be student teaching and will need a much more professional attire!

Hi mzimm1!
Yes!!! I feel exactly the same, I've been looking online at maternity clothing too. I'll be the same as you and need professional attire which should be a fun challenge. I work in fashion business so most of my life is spent thinking of clothing...so naturally I am pretty obsessed about baby clothes and maternity clothes! :happydance: We should all share any good websites we find. So far I've mostly been looking at maternity on ASOS and baby clothing on Zara

I'll have to check Zara! Zulily has had a lot of maternity/nursing stuff lately. (I want to splurge so badly!)

Prada - definitely feeling excited and a little scared. Your symptoms definitely sound promising. Hope you start to feel a bit better soon. I have also been looking at maternity clothes and checking out the baby section in shops. Also been thinking about about when the time comes doing a gender reveal party for my two sons. I am definetly getting ahead of myself.

I'm really hoping for a little girl this time. Don't get me wrong, I love my little boy, he is so wonderfully perfect and adorable and I can't imagine a different child for my first, but I'm such a girly girl and really want a little :pink: bundle that I can do girly things with (my son has the most adorable little wavy curls and I can't put anything in his hair just because he's a boy! :grr:). Also while there are some really cute options for boy clothing, girl clothing is definitely cuter in general. It seems like everyone I know right now is having baby girls and I just really want it to be my turn next. That and this might be our last child, so if I don't get my DD now then I might never have her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->