WTT people, what are you doing to get ready?

littlelily

Newly pregnant with #1
Reaction score
Hi, we're not planning to TTC til March 2015 but planning to start taking folic acid and pregnancy vitamins from Jan 2015. What are everyone else's plans to get ready?
:wacko:

If I'm honest, nothing! I think we'll start ttc towards the middle/end of this year although nothing is set in stone but I'm hopeful!

With #1 I took folic acid as soon as we started ttc but I have a fairly good diet anyway so just concentrated on making sure I ate plenty of fruit and veg rather than any vitamins. I would like to lose a little weight, or tone up my stomach area a little as I'm sure that's going to be harder to shift after two than one baby but at the minute I'm just a bit too lazy with it all :-(

Need to get my motivation back and out of January blues!

Good luck :) xx

I take one a day vitamins for women.It has 400 mcg's of folic acid and I've lost 45lbs since Oct.2011.I didn't lose the weight just for when I have children but mostly for my overall health.

We're WTT until January 2015 until then I'm trying to eat healthily and get fit. I came off the pill in August when my supply ran out so trying to get my cycles back to normal. Have recently opened a baby savings account and will start prenatal vitamins later this year :)

We will be (hopefully) TTC in January 2015! We are currently buying our first family home and I am trying to lose some weight. I will start taking vitamins and folic acid closer to the time and hope that OH will take some vitamins too!

I am planning on TTC starting at some point between March and June, hopefully. Need to do a few things first, like finish uni and get a job. I started taking Agnus Castus and pregnacare new years day, and I'm please to say I haven't missed a dose yet. I'm trying to eat more healthily and I want to lose 20lb or so. I'm trying to be better with my money, as I tend to just spend it, and I think, so far this year, I have been doing that.

I am also doing this alone, and I have spent a lot of time researching clinics and sperm banks overseas, as I feel this is an important decision.

Would it be a good idea to take folic acid by itself in a capsule even though I don't know when I'll have children?

It's good to start early, so if you're planning children/could have an unplanned pregnancy, it might be a good idea. It won't hurt you to start taking it now

TTC #2 in August, gona start Folic Acid soon hopefully! I also need to go and have a Rubella vaccine soon! Eek! Going to have a bit of therapy for my anxiety, hopefully reduce it a bit before pregnancy! Probably stock up on sea bands and get fit! xx

We don't have an exact date yet for starting TTC, possibly the middle of 2015 if DH agrees!

I plan to start taking pregnacare conception early 2015 again if DH agrees! (He told me a while ago that I could have a baby "whenever you like")!! Also I have just signed up to weight watchers with the aim of losing about a stone/stone and a half. I am going to open up a baby savings account too.

Started on prenatals again, I am still breastfeeding though so my body may be a bit depleted since I haven't been taking them all this time (the nutritional content of the milk stays fine, just takes it from mom). Also DHA.

I am currently taking b50 complex every other day (they don't make b25) to regulate my cycles and lengthen my luteal phase (7 days won't cut it). I am taking calcium/magnesium to keep my supply up while I am in the luteal phase/menses, which isn't necessarily preparing for baby but building up my body.

We will start saving a little each check.

I have lost about 40 lbs and I'm still trying to get the last 15ish lbs off.I stopped taking my pill before Christmas and no AF yet but I began taking agnus cactus on Dec 30th so hopefully I will be getting a visit from her soon. I've also resumed taking fish oil and a prenatal with folic acid. I've ordered some IC HPTs and OPKs so when AF resumes I can try to track ovulation. I still have my BBT thermometer but I've not been sleeping well enough to temp.

I also plan on paying off some bills and starting potty training and cup training with my daughter before the new one comes along. We are planning to start trying hopefully in July. That's how I am preparing.

We are not ttc until the end of this year. I just came off birth control so that was my first step. I will start some sort of vitamin. We want to move to GA, so once that happens I will need to find a OB that I like, trust and has good bedside manner. (I will have to have a 3rd c-section). I have been trying to lose my baby weight. I have 20lbs left to go and nothing I do seems to work! I also need to strengthen my stomach muscles. (ANY OTHER C-SECTIONS MAMAS HAVE ANY ADVICE/EXERCISES?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->