WTT with infant. Anyone relate?

paintrider89

Reaction score
Hi everyone :hi:

I have been lurking around here the last couple of weeks, so I thought I would introduce myself. I currently have a beautiful 6 month old DD. I am greatful and so in love with her, but I am already starting to think about having a second. DH and I have decided we want our children close together in age, but not so close that I get overwhelmed. DH wanted to wait two years before TTC #2. I think that's to long, so now we have tenativly decided to start TTC after DD turns one! However I am BF and after I came off the pill (after 3 months of taking it and spotting constantly) I have yet to have AF. It's now been 3 months. I would like to wean DD after her first birthday, but I don't want to stop her before she is ready either. So when exactly I will get to start TTC is a little bit of a mystery, because I don't know when my body will get back on track IUKWIM.

So I guess to sum it up, we will stop preventing just after DD turns 1. They will be close in age, but not right on top of each other.

Any other newer momma waiting to try for another? Would love to chat. :flower:

Hi!! I have a 4 month old DS and we are waiting until he turns 1 to start trying for #2. So far it seems that I am ovulating on my own and my period returned 10 weeks pp. I didn't ovulate before I got pregnant (used Clomid) so that seems to be very positive.

We are waiting right now so that DS can be a bit older when the next one arrives. Outside of that I would also like to lose some weight.

Hi!

I could also stand to loose some weight before TTC again, I didn't put on much during pregnancy, but since I have gained way more than I should.

Yea, after I had the baby I went back down to my prepregnancy weight but I really want to be healthier for the next baby. Especially now having DS I will need more energy.

Hi! We plan on trying for #2 in Jan when Sophie is 12months.
Came off the pill a couple of weeks ago, had signs of ovulation over the last couple of days so if things are back to how they were pre-Sophie, I'll have my first AF in a couple of weeks time. We want a small age gap and as we're late starters in regards to children, we need to get a move on!

I just had a baby 2 weeks ago and already I'm planning on having a 4th (my other 2 children are 5 & 6 yrs old). I've never felt like this with my other two kids and I even thought this third baby could be our last, but I can't wait to have another. I would love a 2 year age gap, so will probably be TTC sometime around December 2015.

I have a 6 month old too! We are waiting until probably 2016 to try for the next (and last). We are moving next year and not knowing how long it will take to sell the house, we decided to just wait. My period just came back last cycle ..boooooo....but have been ovulating since 8 weeks pp so we are definitely preventing now. It was kind of stressful last time with trying and I think I'd really like to be more NTNP next time around. It didn't take us long (thankfully) to fall preggo before so I feel like I might be able to relax more and enjoy it :)

We started NTNP when our DS turned 1 and conceived straight away, giving us a 21 monh age gap. I love it!

We will likely go with NTNP when the time comes. We got pregnst the first cycle our first time. Unfortunately I had a MC. Then we prevented for a month so I could heal, and got pregnant with DD 2 normal cycles later. Although right now we use the pull and pray method. However if I ended up pregnant now it would not be the end of the world.

:wave: Hi! Paintrider, you and I were pregnant at the same time. DS is 7 months and we want to try starting september 2015. :)

I can totally relate. I have been WTT for #2 since right after Riya was born. I can almost guarantee that part of that is because I did not get to experience the 3rd trimester of pregnancy since she was born premature. We have actually decided to wait till July of 2015 before TTC #2. I feel like that is going to take forever tbh! I get a lot of flack from MIL about how I should be waiting 2 years at least, but I honestly don't want to wait that long either.

My DS is 14 weeks old and we'd love to have another baby. I think we'll be waiting until next August when he is 1 to TTC. A gap of roughly 2 years would be lovely.

If you're not wanting to be overwhelmed I'd just chip in my 2 cents and say sooner rather than later - there is a 27 month gap between my two and it is HARD. DD is very active and curious, at present I find it hard balancing his very basic needs with her more complex development, although I'm sure in a few years time it will be a lot easier. I've had to resort to tv to stop her killing herself while I feed him after she climbed the outside of the stairs while I was feeding him, then the next day managed to crawl out of a conservatory window into the garden again while I was feeding. Personally I'd opt for less than a 2 year gap or more than a 4 year one.

Hi ladies, hope you don't mind if I join In. We are wtt for #2 until probably at least aug 2015. We also want our babies to be close in age. I'm 32 and dh is soon to be 39 so I really feel like I'd rather try sooner then later. We had issues getting pregnant with #1 and needed clomid w/ iui so I'm fully expecting it to be the same. Dh agreed we would start trying on our own aug 2015 and if nothing we will start with iui in oct 2015 when dd turns 1.

I'm still in amazement that we even have 1 and while dh and I would be perfect content with one I can't help but want to at least try for #2. Af hasn't even returned yet, we were going to ntnp but I really don't feel like tracking my cycle this time so were going back on bcp.

I personally would prefer a 3 year age gap but we just don't have the time for all that. I remember thinking badly about my bil when he had a baby at 40 and my friend when she fell pg before her LO turned one and now I find myself in the same situation. And my dh always says watch your tongue...I gotta start listening to him lol

Welcome sprite! I understand what you mean about watching your tongue. I always thought it was terrible when people would have a baby under 1 and announce they were expecting again. Now I am thinking we may just start ntnp in the New Year even though DS will only be 6 months. I just feel like I want to start trying for #2. We had an accident on Saturday and I got EWCM today and I keep hoping. :/

I had a chance to babysit my nephew last week and he's currently 21 months and it really wasn't all that bad. He did cry everytime she cried so at first I was oh boy this is gonna be fun but I think he was just afraid of her once he got used to her it got better and I think when your the one outside the situation it's easy to be like oh no I wouldn't want to do that. But my sister and I are 18 months apart and my parents managed just fine so I'm sure I'll live lol and my mil had 6 kids all within 2 years of each other so if she survived that ...certainly I can lol

I know were wtt so I don't know if I should wish you luck or not but babies are a blessing either way so if your accident turns to a bfp that would be great.

Yes babies are a true blessing!! I don't think either of us would be upset. I even talked to him about ntnp in January last night and he was all for it. The only big thing I am waiting for is my short term disability coverage to start so I can take it for maternity, but we have to have had it for 10 months prior to having a baby. I believe mine starts January 1st.

I have a 3 month old and we've decided to get the ball rolling when she turns one. We have to get referred to the fertility clinic again but we are hoping for a 2-3 year age gap.

Good thing I can't try naturally, I'm getting broody again! I hated being pregnant (though so incredibly grateful) at the start due to a lot of bleeding until nearly 20 weeks but after that I had a great pregnancy and birth. It's amazing what your mind chooses to forget! I do miss the kicks though.

:wave: Hi! Paintrider, you and I were pregnant at the same time. DS is 7 months and we want to try starting september 2015. :)
Hi!
Isn't this such a fun age? DD is crawling and into everything. And it makes Mr want another soooo bad!

If you're not wanting to be overwhelmed I'd just chip in my 2 cents and say sooner rather than later - there is a 27 month gap between my two and it is HARD. DD is very active and curious, at present I find it hard balancing his very basic needs with her more complex development, although I'm sure in a few years time it will be a lot easier. I've had to resort to tv to stop her killing herself while I feed him after she climbed the outside of the stairs while I was feeding him, then the next day managed to crawl out of a conservatory window into the garden again while I was feeding. Personally I'd opt for less than a 2 year gap or more than a 4 year one.
My big thing is my brother and I are 6years apart, and not close at all. I think there was*to much time...I think under 2 years is perfect for our little family, I hope it works out for us.

Hi ladies, hope you don't mind if I join In. We are wtt for #2 until probably at least aug 2015. We also want our babies to be close in age. I'm 32 and dh is soon to be 39 so I really feel like I'd rather try sooner then later. We had issues getting pregnant with #1 and needed clomid w/ iui so I'm fully expecting it to be the same. Dh agreed we would start trying on our own aug 2015 and if nothing we will start with iui in oct 2015 when dd turns 1.

I'm still in amazement that we even have 1 and while dh and I would be perfect content with one I can't help but want to at least try for #2. Af hasn't even returned yet, we were going to ntnp but I really don't feel like tracking my cycle this time so were going back on bcp.

I personally would prefer a 3 year age gap but we just don't have the time for all that. I remember thinking badly about my bil when he had a baby at 40 and my friend when she fell pg before her LO turned one and now I find myself in the same situation. And my dh always says watch your tongue...I gotta start listening to him lol

Welcome :)
I used to think people who had their babies all together were crazy, now that I have my*one I want them close together.it's like something clicked and I wanted my kids young together. Maybe so they can have the same/similar memories and experience?

I had my pp appt Tuesday. Doc gave me my script for bcp though I am dreading taking it. It just feels wrong after trying so long for sarah it seems like bcp is a total contradiction. I haven't taken them yet and picked up some condoms as well just as case.

I asked my obgyn about the time need between pregnancies and she said 2 years. Well I guess well be going against that advice. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->