Wud love sum advice/information please...

BABYCAREY

mummy to a angel
Reaction score
Hello Ladies :flower:
My names Ro,im 40 we've been trying for a yr now and no luck:cry:
My doctor decided to refer me to gynae after me naggin for a long time!
She seems to think becus im 40 now i shudnt try for any more!!CHEEK!:growlmad:
But after me naggin she has relented and decided to refer us
Thing is i dont know whats nxt?What will happen?What help will we get?
Im worried that becus of my age we will get v little help!!:nope:
I asked how long shud we wait for a appointment and she seemed to think becus im 40 we wudnt have to wait long,we wud b priority?Im not so sure!
I wud b very grateful for any advice i live in Northern Ireland and i know different rules apply for different areas :nope:
Thanks for takin time to read this
xx R

Hey, im also in N Ireland. Sorry you seem to be having such a problem getting help!

Are you trying for NHS IVF?
If so 40 is the upper age limit to go on the NHS waiting list here (i think??). I was told you get a consultation within 20 weeks and the waiting list after that is 10 months. As far as im aware you also only get one go with IFV. You would not be entitled to an NHS cycle if you have already had 4 private cycles.

Hope you get the help you need soon and good luck

I'm sorry to say this, but with 3 kids and being 40, I doubt you will get any help, other than if you pay for it yourself. I don't think you'll be seen any sooner, and I'm not sure you'll even get a referral. Now if you were 40 and childless it would possibly be different.

I suggest you call and make a private appointment, at least you will get the ball rolling and find out what help you can get. For the sake of paying, you will get answers.

Hi Ro, I remember you from a year ago. I can sympathise with your situation, I will be 40 in November and had a miscarriage 14 months ago since then, we've been trying since but no luck. We got referred last November, so quite quickly, surprisingly my GP agreed to refer me right away, which I didn't expect as he is of the old fashion gang, but he has been wonderful. Unfortunately, we found out that OH sperm wasn't too good, which came as a total surprise since we'd manage to fall pregnant first month ttc.

We were entitled to investigations on the NHS but because I have children from a previous relationship, we couldn't get IVF. The cut off age is also 40. I know in some areas, you can't even get referred for investigations/clomid if you already have children.

Since then, we had another SA done which came back much better and we have decided to continue ttc naturally rather than face the stress and cost of IVF hoping that it will happen again even if it takes time.

Good luck to you. 12 months ttc at 40 is not that unusual even if there are no obvious problems. I just hope your time will come soon :hugs:

I'm sorry to say this, but with 3 kids and being 40, I doubt you will get any help, other than if you pay for it yourself. I don't think you'll be seen any sooner, and I'm not sure you'll even get a referral. Now if you were 40 and childless it would possibly be different.

I suggest you call and make a private appointment, at least you will get the ball rolling and find out what help you can get. For the sake of paying, you will get answers.

Hi Leilani
I know im 40 and have 3children already,and i understand there are other women out there in need of more help than myself!
Im v lucky to have my children and Thankful.
I have been referred for investigations 9days ago and hope my doctor meant it when she said due to my age i would be taken quicker,she seemed to think that wud be the case
Heres hoping!!
Positive thoughts!!
X Ro

Hey, im also in N Ireland. Sorry you seem to be having such a problem getting help!

Are you trying for NHS IVF?
If so 40 is the upper age limit to go on the NHS waiting list here (i think??). I was told you get a consultation within 20 weeks and the waiting list after that is 10 months. As far as im aware you also only get one go with IFV. You would not be entitled to an NHS cycle if you have already had 4 private cycles.

Hope you get the help you need soon and good luck

Hi Angel
Thx for ur message :flower::hugs:
I wasnt sure what the age was for IVF here,i turned 40 3wks ago
My doc thinks i wont have to wait long for my Gynae app"fingers X"
What shud i expect on my1st appoinment?Do u kno!Im clueless!:shrug:
Its taken my Doc ages to actually do sumthing!:nope: Just hopin it isnt too late for us! I had thought of buyin Clomid online but she said NO! Wait il u see the consultant,you dont kno what u wud b buyin there! I kno shes right but desperate times and all that.......
Ive had no private cycles. Dont even kno where to start there.....
Thx again xx R

Hi Ro, I remember you from a year ago. I can sympathise with your situation, I will be 40 in November and had a miscarriage 14 months ago since then, we've been trying since but no luck. We got referred last November, so quite quickly, surprisingly my GP agreed to refer me right away, which I didn't expect as he is of the old fashion gang, but he has been wonderful. Unfortunately, we found out that OH sperm wasn't too good, which came as a total surprise since we'd manage to fall pregnant first month ttc.

We were entitled to investigations on the NHS but because I have children from a previous relationship, we couldn't get IVF. The cut off age is also 40. I know in some areas, you can't even get referred for investigations/clomid if you already have children.

Since then, we had another SA done which came back much better and we have decided to continue ttc naturally rather than face the stress and cost of IVF hoping that it will happen again even if it takes time.

Good luck to you. 12 months ttc at 40 is not that unusual even if there are no obvious problems. I just hope your time will come soon :hugs:

Hi FB baby
Sorry to hear you lost ur little bean
Its horrible! Im still comin to terms with my loss.
Good to hear that ur hubbys SA in better!
Thats 1 thing my Doc said to me,she mentioned it cud b my hubby and no me thats the problem,i hadnt really though of that!!
I was so busy beatin myself up about the mmc that i just assumd i was the reason.
It tuk a bitta pressure off me knowin there r lots of different reasons why this has happend.
Im gettin my 21day bloods done in early Sept and she seemed to think my app wud b thru shortly after that?Im hopin,becus time is rapidly goin by! I dont want to lose my chance
Good luck with conceiving,they say baggy pants and cool air is good for :spermy:,and i believe prawns r 2?Who knows i wud try anythin at this stage :winkwink::winkwink:
xx BabyC

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->