Wwyd?

comotion89

Me,DH&bubba
Reaction score
as the title states what would you do? I'm looking for an outsiders opinion to help me make sense of my two options. DH and I initially was planning to TTC this dec/jan 15...my broodiness overtook and I asked if we could try this month if I ovulate...which would mean id be due in May. DH is all for that but now we are in a good place to buy a home by the end of this year and next December we have a holiday to the carribean planned to see my extended family.

so do I ttc August If ovulating...then full steam ahead from DEC 14...no baby savings in place ...unlikely to go on the holiday next year, potential new house ...or

wait until DEC 15 will be ttc whilst we were on holiday, house should be sorted used to mortgage payments, savings should be ok (hopefully, not a real big saver)

I've been waiting a long while I dunno what another year n a bit?

Oh gosh that's a tricky one! Sorry I've got the dates a bit confused, but I *think* if I were you I would probably prioritise getting a house and mortgage first, it would be so lovely to buy your family home, it'll be easier to get a mortgage as you won't have any dependents and as you say you will know what your mortgage repayments are etc. But I personally probably wouldn't wait until Dec 15 just for the holiday (although I know it's not *just* a holiday) that's a long time to put off a baby for the sake of something you could do another time. I wouldn't worry about savings and stuff, so long as youre financially stable, know you can cope on maternity leave especially with your mortgage and stuff everything else can be done cheaply, spread out etc.

That's just my onpinion though, I think I would struggle to wait until December 2015 though and I know you've been on here a long time, congrats on your wedding btw :flower:

I agree with MarineWag, I would hold of ttc (if you can bear it!) until you have bought your house, but not for the holiday.

I think you're the only one who really knows what feels right to you. Personally, I'm not one of those people who cares about owning a house to feel 'settled'. We don't own a house and it was never a condition of starting a family. My husband owns his own business and I'm an immigrant with little credit history in the UK, which makes it hard for us to get a mortgage, plus we know we have to move for my work within 2 years. So it wasn't a priority and I don't feel like we are missing out at all having a now toddler in a rented home. But I am a big believer in living life to the fullest in general before starting a family. Once you have a baby (and even once you're pregnant), life will change in a BIG way. You won't easily be able to do things like go on big holidays and you won't often get time off or a night out. Our daughter is 18 months and my husband and I have had a meal out together 4 times in the last year and a half. We've not had a night alone together and we've certainly not had a holiday away just the two of us (actually don't see that happening anytime in the next 10 years probably!). Enjoy your time together. Get life a bit more settled if you want to. Go on holiday. Go eat at all your favourite restaurants and go see films together. Etc. Life really will change when you have a baby and you don't get those carefree days back. It's true there is no right time, but if you have fun things planned in the meantime, take full advantage of them and plan to TTC when you get back (or even while you're there). My husband and I went on a big trip to India for several weeks the month before we started to TTC. It was wonderful. We won't make it back there again for a long time probably, but I'm so, so, so glad we did it while we could.

Thank you all for your replies , I think I will wait for the mortgage renting feels such a waste sometimes (near 700 PCM) , I also get the fact hubs and I should do everything (well almost) that we want before we become parents but I'm scared that I may put it off forever if I'm wanting to have more baby free time hmm . I think I'll wait until next year..wether it be December 2k15 I'm not sure

If you're in the financial and social situation to buy I think that's great and I would definitely choose to own, only reason we don't is because we wouldn't know where to buy as we move around a lot and our rent is ridiculously cheap so it's not a waste at all, for us the longer we take to save up a deposit the better and hopefully in a few years we will know where to buy lol! I'm not sure how long you and your hubby have been together, but yeah time together before is really important, so if you'd only been together a couple of years I would recommend making the most of the time more, but I think there are a lot of advantages to having children younger and DH and I still do a lot, we have 2 children but we are going on holiday by ourselves next year, I trust my mum as much as myself to have the boys I know it isn't for everyone, having children isn't a life sentence of doom you just learn to adapt. So it's getting the balance of making the most of the time before so not rushing, but not putting it off so long that the time never feels right, I know I would have spent my 20s yearning for children and wouldn't have utilised the time, but that's my personality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->