X-Mas Meet Anna's coming to TO

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
So I know it's early but I figure that Christmas is an extremely busy time of year for most people so the earlier the better :thumbup:

Annabanana is coming to the area from the UK and I told her we'd definitely try to plan a meet while she's here (from December 7 to January 7th I believe).

Here's what I was thinking so far (weather dependent of course)

We could do something like we did today, another potluck type thing and meet at someone's house. Stan and I would love having everyone over again (since we're the most central? I think that worked pretty well for you girls today?) or if you want to do it somewhere else we're good with that too.

We could meet up at a mall and go Christmas shopping but the malls may be extremely busy at that time of year so I don't know how much time we'd get to visit one another?

Or Stan and I were talking about it and thought it might be fun to go out to one of the farms in the area. The one we were at yesterday does a winter program on the weekends in December, I'm not sure what all they have but it could be fun? Of course all the other LO's are younger than Hannah so it might not be as much fun for them.

Thoughts? Ideas? Anyone have any other options? Dates? Let's talk :flower:

Update:

When: Sunday December 13
Time: To be decided
Where: My place (will send directions out again closer to date)
What: Potluck :mrgreen: Stan and I will provide chicken again since it seems to have gone over well this last time.

Sarah's coming to TO!

When: Sunday December 27?
Time: To be decided
Where: AGO
What: fun at the museum and lunch

So long as it doesn't fall on the weekend of Claire's birthday (the 19th) we're in! :thumbup:

I think we're pretty open with dates too :)

Really excited about this!!!! :yipee:

Stan and I are okay really with any dates as far as I know.

Would everyone prefer weekend again?

If we did a weekday Stan probably couldn't take off work and it would need to be somewhere I could get to with public transit (not a fan of driving here especially not in winter).

I have a lot of Christmas parties to work around :dohh: (more than 5, less than 10 :sick:) So like the last meet it would be better probably for you guys to decide what day works best for you and then I'll figure out if we're going to be able to make it? I don't know anything about dates for Andrew's family yet, but we're going to have parties on both sides for his family to get to, both sides of my family, both our works, and an open house.. I hate December.

Stan has a work party but it's in the evenings, no kids, and we have no babysitter :rofl: so we're really open for dates and can work easily around others schedules

Aww, Vickie... if we were closer (and had a bunch of food stuffs so Hannah would like us more :rofl: ) we'd totally babysit!

Weekend potentially would work better for us, but (again) I'm not sure what's going to be going on with P's job by then. :shrug:

:rofl: Tiff I actually think part of Hannah's mood on Sat. may be teething AGAIN :wacko: She's been awful today.

anyways back to topic a weekend would work best for us, but if we were doing the mall I would think weekday may be better? Less crowded.

What does everyone want to do? I thought the potluck was a lot of fun....

I love the idea of a potluck! A weekend would very likely work better for us too, as our lift to wherever the meet is works during the week :)

what are you guys going to do during the week if you don't mind me asking Anna? Just being nosy now :blush: When we go to Texas there is almost nothing in the small town I grew up in and we end up in Walmart like almost everyday :rofl:

Probably lots of wandering round stores LOL There will also be lots of hanging around - just seeing how the days pan out. No firm plans - there never are when we visit family :)

so it looks like the weekend of the 12th is the best? the 19th Tiff can't come because of Claire's birthday, the weekend before Anna won't be here and the weekend after is boxing day and I'm sure everyone has plans with family?

We're going to go with what Tasha said. Although more for work reasons than anything else. :) :wohoo: Can't wait!

:cry: Stupid retail!!!!!! :cry:
Maybe we can still meet up during the week if you can't get a day off?

as I said on FB I don't mind doing more than one meet, I mean how many times will I get to meet a member from the UK!? So if we want to do a meet up on a weekday at a mall or something I'm good with that :thumbup: (transit accessible for me of course :blush:)

hello!!! I'm good for any dates, we really have no plans or Christmas parties to go to. My only request (not sure this will work for everyone) would be to do it on a sunday. Kamil works saturdays and it being winter, I would def prefer if he came with me. I don't normally mind going the distance but during the winter, I don't want to venture out far alone.

sunday is okay with us....what about the rest of you?

So long as it is earlier in the day (so we can get home) it shouldn't be a problem for us! :thumbup: Although Vickie, if we come to your place again, kick us out earlier than when we stayed the last time! :haha:

We left it too late and Claire had a MASSIVE meltdown on the way home.:shhh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->