x

Didn't want to read and run but i'm afraid I have no advise as i'm still waiting to feel my first contraction. If your worried you should ring them back though, even just to talk about it.
Good Luck!!!
xx

just turn up the least they can do is check to see if your dilating and how much x

I would wait it out tbh. If there irregular and your waters havent gone theres a chance there not doing much - You'll only end up dissapointed!

I just talked to the teacher in my childbirth class. Her advice is to only go when contractions are 4-5 minutes apart, lasting one minute and continue straight for an hour. (she called it the 4-1-1 method for ease of remembering).

Funnily enough she also said to take tylenol and take a bath in order to relax because you are going to need the rest for later! She said if it's true labor, a bath won't slow it down or stop it, and the medicine will make it easier to relax. Even if you fall asleep, labor will wake you up with plenty of time.

She said if you can talk at all through a contraction they might not be strong enough to come in. Also, first babies tend to take longer and a women can be contracting for a long time before they are in active labor.

Sorry if it's not much help! it's my first baby too!

I had three days of irregular contractions with DS before they started becoming regular. I went in on day number 2 (as I was only 33weeks) & they checked me, I wasnt anywhere near dilating but just told me to come back in if they started coming regular.

Sounds pretty normal to me! I had a show and contractions start every night with my first, only for them to stop by morning and need an induction at 2 weeks over!

they wont do anything until contractions are regular,or waters break, i would just wait it out aswell, it will help you relax if you have a bath and a couple of paracetmol but all mws say that as a first option to ease the pain.x

I would go in and demand to be examined.
Thing is no one believed how bad my contractions were, I was literally walking around the ward not knowing what to do with myself and because they couldnt feel my stomach going hard they didnt think anything of them. Not even the machine picked them up all the way through! (I was induced and on monitors during labour) it's only out of pity they checked me and saw I was 5cm.. and as for waters breaking, mine never did! The baby was born in her waters.

i didnt have any 'practise' contractions. i was woke up early hours of the morning and never went back to sleep. i lost my plug a few hours later and rang the ward to speak with a midwife. (majority of them can judge if you need to come in or not by how you are talking on the phone). as for your waters, they broke mine at 9cm. Everybody labours differently and if YOU feel like you want to go get checked out just turn up there. if not stay in the comfort of your own home and try relax until they get unbearable then go up.
good luck hun xx

Last time I had these false alarms for 2 weeks before going into full labour. If you turn up and not in proper labour you will be told to come home anyways. I would give them a call if you get it again, they usually say to come in when you can't talk through contractions and they are 3 mins apart x

Hi

First :hugs: as I know exactly how you feel. I have had contractions all over the place since Saturday and they wake me up all night and some of them are REALLY so painful, they make me want to cry! Hospital said it is normal and to wait until they are regularly 3 mins apart and I cannot take the pain.

They got to 3 mins apart on Sunday night for an hour and half but I coped with the pain so I knew something was not right and they eventually spaced out again.

Have lots MASSES of plug since last Wednesday too. It is sooo frustrating. My original due date is tomorrow.

If you want to talk/moan in the middle of the night or whenever then pm me x

I'm in exactly the same situation, however I was lucky enough to have a lovely midwife examine me and let me know where I was at.
I had 24 hours of contractions yesterday some averaging out between 3 and 1/2 minutes but nothing this morning!
Fingers crossed it happens for you soon x

Hun I;m sorry to say but it is normal, you can be in early labour for days before it kicks off.

As long as baby is moving then there's no need to go in and be fussed with.

Eat drink walk and try to rest.

You will not go into real labour unless you are relaxed. So have a bath a glass of wine and enjoy your last moments without baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->