x

I'm exactly the same! I have no preference or anything, but it would just be 'weird' for a few moments if she came out as a boy while you've been preparing for a girl for 20ish weeks.

I had the feeling we'd be having a boy too, but at the 20 week NHS scan we got told she's a girly. Then at 25 weeks we had a private 3D scan and there it was confirmed that she's a girl, without the scan lady knowing what was said at our NHS scan.

Still every so often I panick completely and think it's gonna be a boy! It's so silly, because I know it won't happen, but I can't help thinking: But what will I do with my purple baby room full of butterflies and all the pink/yellow/purple/flowery/bunny clohtes I bought! I don't really tell my husband anymore, because he's so down to earth he doesn't worry about anything and just looks at me like I'm a nutter ;).

If the sonographer at your scan was certain she's gonna be a girl, I'm pretty sure you have nothing to 'worry' about!

Anyway, don't really have any awesome advice, but just wanted to let you know that you're not the only one! Either way, I hope we both have healthy little babies, in the end that's all that matters! :hugs:

I worry too, for all the same reasons!! I had a gender scan at 16 weeks and at my 20 weeks scan both sonographers said girl but I still panic! Just like you I have really bonded with my little girl, we always call her a she and I've bought everything girly, now I am worried she will be taken away! I think we're just being silly but I definitely know how you feel xxx

Thank you girls :hugs:

Ultimately, all that matters is that my baby is born healthy and well, but as i've come to know my little girl, i've come to want to meet her so very much. I just fear that if she was to pop out as a boy instead, i'd feel i didn't really know him! :shrug:

I love my baby to bits, and i know none of this worry will matter once she is born! I'm just getting so imapatient and want to meet her so much! :happydance:

Your post could have been written by myself :haha: I have been thinking the exact same thing. For the first trimester I thought it was a boy, then became convinced it was a girl and at the scan they said they were 95% sure it was a girl. So since then anything I have bought for baby has been a bit more girly and if I've seen cute dresses, I couldn't help but buy them. We're all referring to her as her and using her name frequently. But in the back of mind I can't help but think what if.... what about that 5% of doubt? It does feel silly and unecessary to worry about something that hasn't happened yet and maybe won't but as other peoples stories have shown, it could happen :dohh:

I don't have a preference as to what I have, but I do worry a bit that ours will turn out to be a boy instead of a girl and I'll have been referring to 'him' as 'her' for the past 20 weeks! I don't mind whether baby is a boy or a girl as long as baby is healthy, but I would also feel a bit strange if it turned out that baby was a boy all along as I have been thinking of her as being a little girl!

I am 100% convinced im having a girl even tho we have been told at the scan its a boy and we even saw his bits, which couldnt be mistaken really. He has a blue nursery, boys clothes and a boys name but i cant stop saying she and always have to correct myself. I hope when he is here ill be convinced of his gender lol

I am 100% convinced im having a girl even tho we have been told at the scan its a boy and we even saw his bits, which couldnt be mistaken really. He has a blue nursery, boys clothes and a boys name but i cant stop saying she and always have to correct myself. I hope when he is here ill be convinced of his gender lol

Lol im a bit like this.At my 20 week scan i was told boy i even saw his bits clear as day and said it before the lady did.I have just had this weird feeling this time.I have had such an extreme opposite to my last pregnancy(baby was a boy).Everyone thought i was going to be having a girl this time,as did i. i just have not been able to say boy,him,he when talking about my baby.Not even purposly.I keep correcting myself and saying 'him' Its stupid because im fine with him being a boy. Its all very odd.Will just have to wait till bubba arrives.

I'm completely prepared for a boy... but the sonographer gave me only a 70% chance... which is obviously more than 50/50... lol, but there's always the fear that what I'm prepared for is going to change and I have to start all over again!!!! I so badly wanted a girl, but have completely warmed up to the idea of my little man, so either way I'll be happy, but I'm REALLY hoping he's a boy when he comes out now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"