x

Oh god yes, i am 11 weeks on thursday (after c section) and my tummy is still slightly tender, when i touch it or if i bang it against something. Ive had a few opps in my life and this was by far the most painfull to recover from. I found after about 4 weeks i could just about stand up straight....:(.xx

I'm 3 weeks out and still very sore to the touch. I imagine it will take a while. I had a huge, dark bruise for the first 10 days or so and that is the spot that hurts the most.

im 8weeks on and still in pain and still suffering i to got a infection i got it on my scar and was on antibiotics and then after that i was still having pain went to my GP had some swabs and told i have a infection in my womb i was given 4 lots of antibiotics took all them and im still in pain and wow yep thats right it dose hurt when u bang it im going for a scan tomorrow to see whats going on so i hope they figure it out i have also had many ops befor this one and found this one by far my worst this was my first emcs i had my other two normally and i would do that any day rather then go through another c-section.i hope u feel better soon well i hope we all do lol xxx xxx

Did you labor before you had the c-section? I think that makes a big difference. I had an emergency C-section, so my body never went through any stages of labor. I was up and moving the morning after my section, and while I was "sore", it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. I wasn't even taking painkillers by the time I left the hospital.

I have friends who were in labor for hours, then had to have a c-section, and their recoveries were a lot harder than mine was.

Did you labor before you had the c-section? I think that makes a big difference. I had an emergency C-section, so my body never went through any stages of labor. I was up and moving the morning after my section, and while I was "sore", it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. I wasn't even taking painkillers by the time I left the hospital.

I have friends who were in labor for hours, then had to have a c-section, and their recoveries were a lot harder than mine was.

Interesting! Yep, i laboured for about 18 hours before my c-section - got to 10cm dilated, but baby's position meant she just wasn't coming out on her own!

:thumbup:Thanks for the replies!

i think it depends on the individual really. i had lily by emcs and could barely walk the day after. had to have morphine the first time i got up after they took the catheter out. got up out of the chair and nearly collapsed. but lily is now 2months old and im pretty much back to normal. but it took me about 6weeks to start being able to do things around the house

Yup, totally normal! :) :hugs: congrats on your baby - that's what happened to me too. Just be gentle with yourself and NO LIFTING! :) xx

Congratulations on your LO :)

Yes, it's completely normal. I remember still being very sore after a week but it did gradually get less sore day by day.

It's still tender if LO stands on my stomach or we're playing and she sticks her foot or hand in the scar area, and that's after 17 months!

It is major surgery and when you think of all the layers of muscle etc that they cut through, no wonder it hurts! I didn't really realise how major it was - it takes such a short time and the cut is relatively small - but the midwives kept reminding me it's major abdominal surgery! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"