Xbox One!

amytrisha

Mother of boys.
Reaction score
Eeeek! How amazing does the new Xbox actually look?!

Cannot wait for it to come out with COD Ghost! :cloud9:

I think it's the ugliest thing ever! Hahaha. The features look cool though - I'm a bit gutted about how Kinect based it is as we keep our xbox in our bedroom so Kinect just isn't something we'd use. My boyfriend used to be an xbox games and hardware tester and said the Kinect voice recognition was absolutely dreadful so it has to have improved a hell of a lot for it to work like the demonstration showed it to. COD Ghost looks like a beautiful game though, and like that they've worked with the director of Syriana. The Halo TV series though? Pfffft. It's such a boring game as it is, totally overrated.

SO happy it's not always online though, but they're introducing a charge if you buy a second hand game (like the EA online pass) which I don't think will go down well at all.

I was really looking forward to this. However they aren't even offering the TV aspect to Canada for Launch so kinda seems anti climatic.

I'm also not sure about all the permissions etc that they want you to use. I get wanting to make sure to have a fee for used games etc... but oftentimes we lend or borrow games to try them out before we actually buy them for ourselves. Eliminating the "try before you buy" doesn't really go down well, at least for us as personal users.

I like the sound of the Xbox One, just hoping I can get money together to get one.

I preordered one the second it was announced, as that was always my plan. Will wait for a while for the PS4, since my budget is already stretched to the limit as it is without adding the cost of the PS4 to the mix, too.

I've actually written a post about it on my blog (in my sig) regarding my thoughts on it xx

Well, I thought I'd be excited, but after using the first generation Kinect, it completely puts me off, I found it so time consuming just to select a bloomin option. I'd probably have to try it in action, but the idea of it being so Kinect based, nooooo! :nope:

After reading vhals blog, I agree with her wholeheartedly

Well we're 100% not getting it now. First off, the PS4 has way better specs - probably worth whatever extra it is in the longterm. Also it turns out the Kinect doesn't turn off with your Xbox. You have to unplug everything! And the Xbox wont work without Kinect. So that's a camera and a microphone on you all the time... susceptible to hacking and all sorts. Absolutely gives me the creeps. Also, you will have to 'check in' every 24hours to play your games online so if the servers go down (like PSN did for 3 weeks) or your own internet does, you have a useless console. To be honest, even if it was massively cheaper than the PS4, I don't think we can get it out of principle. It's like they're trying to play the market - look at what happened to SimCity, everyone HATED it because of the online requirements.

This article pretty much summed up what OH and I already thought about it:

https://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/5-features-new-xbox-that-are-about-to-ruin-everything/

Totally agree with your blog Vhal regarding the 2nd hand game fee - however don't be fooled by the 500gb storage. This is not nearly enough considering the requirements. You need to install EVERY game you buy for it. Considering how many games we have, we've hardly installed any of them and have nearly used up our 250gb storage. And the storage wont be removable so if you exceed this limit, you are going to have to uninstall a game and install another. Considering how much better the graphics are going to be, games are also going to be larger than they have ever been before.

I'm more of a play station kinda girl anyway but OH prefers xbox so thats what weve got but if everything is true about the second hand fees then I'm most probably gonna force oh into the ps4 (plus specs are always better, play station are always in front of Xbox)

Haa I thought it'd look very futuristic but it looks pretty similar to the one out now!!

COD Ghost though! :cloud9:

Totally agree with your blog Vhal regarding the 2nd hand game fee - however don't be fooled by the 500gb storage. This is not nearly enough considering the requirements. You need to install EVERY game you buy for it. Considering how many games we have, we've hardly installed any of them and have nearly used up our 250gb storage. And the storage wont be removable so if you exceed this limit, you are going to have to uninstall a game and install another. Considering how much better the graphics are going to be, games are also going to be larger than they have ever been before.

Oh no, I know about the mandatory installations. If it comes to it, we'll just have to uninstall games once we've completed them.

I'm actually "press" for certain games companies, so I'm hoping that I'll get to test out the Xbox One prior to launch, but I highly doubt it. If anything, I'll just get games earlier than release after the One launches xx

Ah you need to do us a review if you get one :)

Yeah, regarding the second hand games - what were they thinking? Surely any consumer is well within their rights to re-sell. Once the money has changed hands, what business is it of theirs? Or is it not really our property? That's the impression i'm getting. Not to mention the rumours are that games will be around the £60-70 mark...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-xbox-one-game-trade-ins-will-work-apparently

Apparently, you will only be able to trade in games at shops and then the shop will be charged the activation fee. So trade in prices are obviously going to plummet ad pre-owned prices will soar - it's almost like they're trying to get rid of the High Street store who rely so enormously on Pre-owned.

I don't know about you, but we like to rent games incase they're not our cup of tea. Unless they have an awfully safe returns policy, people are going to be far more picky with what they buy. And so many people get into a series by buying the first one when it's super cheap and then buying the subsequent installments full price when they come out if it's their sort of game - not everyone feels comfortable parting with a big wedge of cash from watching a few teaser clips.

Additionally with the online check-in palava, what will happen when the next gen of console comes out and they close down the servers? This is just so complicated and greedy - it's not even like Xbox really has a piracy problem like PC games do.

I sound like such a moaner hahaha.

That's not moaning! I said pretty much the same thing :haha: Unless I'm a moaner too. :rofl:

We very much "try before we buy". If it goes how I'm thinking its going to its really going to suck.

We rent a lot of games too, my OH is an achievement whore lol!
I really hope the game rental market can keep up, who can afford all the new games all the time?

Wow did anyone see the PS4 conference? Talk about brutal!

I didn't see it but I've read the stats and everything and I'm very much edging to force oh into getting a ps4 instead..

What happened in the reveal? X

I've watched all of the conferences so far, and even though there is no forced-DRM on PS4, and it's £80 cheaper, I will still be getting the Xbox One on launch. Far stronger line up of games xx

I'm only really into COD and burnout so the lineup for Xbox doesn't really affect me, OH really wants Xbox cos everybody he knows are Xbox bashers :( my dads preordered it so ill have a look at his and decide..

My OH is getting the Xbox One because he seems to be the most loyal Xbox player ever, haha. Personally to me PS4 sounds a bit better so far but if KH3 and FFXV are coming to both consoles I'll just play those on his Xbox One haha.

It's too funny that Microsoft went and backtracked on their DRM policies, used game sales, and mandatory 24-hour internet check in. That stuff was all crap to begin with, but they're still not talking about the huge price difference between the PS4 and the Xbone, nor are they backtracking on the mandatory always-on Kinect. I also think it's too little too late; yes they listened to feedback, but it's because they knew the Xbone wouldn't sell very well, and I don't trust them not to implement their crappy always-on internet features and lack of used game sales once the system is already out. I doubt many people will be buying the Xbone, especially since the PS4 has seemed a lot better from the beginning and Sony never tried to screw people over.

Definitely too late, they've just shown every Xbox fan how greedy they are! Taking money from people which is unnecessary. Too late to apologise :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->