Xbox Widows!!

Pixie19

Reaction score
I am loving this new term 'xbox widow' that i have now stolen from Fiore!

I am now regretting getting my OH Xbox live! I never see him anymore...Most nights since hes got it, i've been going to bed alone! Only seeing my OH when hes crawling into bed when im getting up for work!! I dont mind a couple of nights a week, but EVERY night is just taking the piss!! I need some loving! The only time i get any kind of affection is on a night when we go to bed together...Which has been not at all, all week!!!!

I seriously consider smashing the bloody thing up sometimes!!
So how many of us are there?
Share your experiences or have a good rant to get it off your chest :) Just know your not alone!!! xx

Haha- agreed! Although right now I am a 'Wii Widow'!!!! Have been since about 3pm this afternoon.

I was also a Wii Widow, as my hubby played Mario Kart constantly for the first week we had it. He now plays every once in a while, which is much more manageable. Good thing I didn't have to send him to "Wiihab"... :rofl:

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I bought OH the Xbox for Valentine's Day a couple of years ago (I know, kind of ironic!). :dohh: I really enjoy seeing him have so much fun with his Xbox buddies, but I do have to admit to unplugging the LAN cable from the router just enough to make the console not connect to the internet on occasion ("Gosh, baby, the dang Microsoft network is down again. Uggh. Don't you worry, I'm totally going to write them a letter asking for a refund for today!!"). :shhh:

Aside from always being on it, and then not being able to hear the TV from his laughing and carrying on (the Xbox is hooked up to a wall projector, so we can watch TV at the same time...not as sick as it sounds, as my biz is TV related so I HAVE to watch!), I HATE how he completely ignores me the first FIVE times I ask him what he wants for dinner, or anything else, for that matter...or what really, REALLY gets me, is that he can have a short or crappy attitude with me one minute, then the next second talks to his fellow Uber-Nerds all nice, positive and is laughing up a storm. Uggh. I've tried messing around with him while he's playing (every big nerd's dream, I suppose!), but if he's playing Call of Duty with his little geek clan, it's pointless, and I end up getting my feelings hurt.

We should all take over their Xboxes and play some games together. 1 vs 100 was a blast and was free!! :happydance:

xx
Chris

i love playing xbox :D dh and i are in the middle of resident evil 5! he always says that he is so lucky because i love playing them too... and often kick his ass at fighting games and finished call of duty on him last wkend while he was out ;)

sorry to all the ladies who've lost their dh's to the game... i'd be mad with what you're describing too!

My husband has an xbox and does play live sometimes... but I am by far a World of Warcraft Widow... He's playing as I write this.... although he assures me we will BD before it's time to go to sleep tonight. He gets so into his game that he totally ignores me and if I say anything to him he either doesn't hear me or he gets annoyed cause I'm bothering him... then, as someone said, he'll go on and laugh and carry on with the other players. UGH! I sometimes try to get his attention, hinting at the fact that I'd like some lovin'.... but he brushes that off most of the time. How rude! :cry: He stays up so late some nights that I go to bed alone, or go to bed expecting :sex: and all of a sudden he's too tired cause he's worked all day and spent the evening/night on the computer. Oh how I'd LOVE to throw the dern thing out the window! Thank you for starting this topic.... I haven't had anyone to relate to with this problem until now! :thumbup:

I bought OH the Xbox for Valentine's Day a couple of years ago (I know, kind of ironic!). :dohh: I really enjoy seeing him have so much fun with his Xbox buddies, but I do have to admit to unplugging the LAN cable from the router just enough to make the console not connect to the internet on occasion ("Gosh, baby, the dang Microsoft network is down again. Uggh. Don't you worry, I'm totally going to write them a letter asking for a refund for today!!"). :shhh:

Aside from always being on it, and then not being able to hear the TV from his laughing and carrying on (the Xbox is hooked up to a wall projector, so we can watch TV at the same time...not as sick as it sounds, as my biz is TV related so I HAVE to watch!), I HATE how he completely ignores me the first FIVE times I ask him what he wants for dinner, or anything else, for that matter...or what really, REALLY gets me, is that he can have a short or crappy attitude with me one minute, then the next second talks to his fellow Uber-Nerds all nice, positive and is laughing up a storm. Uggh. I've tried messing around with him while he's playing (every big nerd's dream, I suppose!), but if he's playing Call of Duty with his little geek clan, it's pointless, and I end up getting my feelings hurt.

We should all take over their Xboxes and play some games together. 1 vs 100 was a blast and was free!! :happydance:

xx
Chris

Are we married to the same man??! Seriously! DH is exactly like this! Crazy

i no how u feel hun,
my bf is the same, just not on the xbox, the pc , he plays pc games counterstrike and world of war craft, dont no if any of u have heared of these, counterstike is like a shooting game, and wow is like fantasy game doing levels etc.
He wakes up , turns pc on , and is on there from moment he gets up to moment he goes to bed, and he goes to bed at like 8/9/10 in the morning.
He rages when he looses and gets angry, he takes it serous as and we have so many rows over it, i ask for a little time and he gets angry at me, saying im needy and attension seeker... :S yet i just want 5 mins sitting down now and again inbetween... yet he does mental most of the time if i want to ,i ask him to walk the dog together or go shop ,and he wont , only at like 3 in the morning when no1 is playing he will walk the dog.. i bet people see us thinking we are nuts walking the dog at 3/4 in morning lol.
it seems like its taken over, hes been playing these games way before he met me aswell, when he was like 12 he started playing, hes been to lan centers , won money playing, been in tours with the shooting game, yet half the time he plays for the fun of it, yet causes so much agurments with us, but it always seems to be what he wants.
yet if his mates want him to go out, he will drop his games and go out, dont get me wrong, not all of the time, he will half the time not answer the door or say he cant come out, but i get angry when he will go out with his mates when ive asked to do something but he says he cant cos of games...
anyway sorry for my rant,
try and talk to him hun , hopfully it will sort things:) x

xx
Chris

I want to smash the chuffing thing into smithereens!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE it when I've made him tea (I try to home make everything so usually spent an hour or so in the kitchen) and I tell him his tea is ready and he ignores me so I tell him again and he snaps!! Even if I try to get past him to sit down I just get: "GET OUT OF THE WAY GET OUT OF THE WAY GET OUT OF THE- Nooo! I'm dead! happy now???!!!" And I just have to bite my tongue!

I told him to stop blaming connection speeds when he gets killed, the other person was better, get-over-it sort of thing the other week and goodness me!! I might as well have told him "I'm pregnant with your brothers child so I need you to move out of your house so me and him can turn it into a drug den to raise our love child in. Oh, and you've got chlamidia, sorry about that."!!!!!

He rages when he looses and gets angry, he takes it serous as and we have so many rows over it, i ask for a little time and he gets angry at me, saying im needy and attension seeker... :S yet i just want 5 mins sitting down now and again inbetween... yet he does mental most of the time if i want to ,i ask him to walk the dog together or go shop ,and he wont , only at like 3 in the morning when no1 is playing he will walk the dog.. i bet people see us thinking we are nuts walking the dog at 3/4 in morning lol.

Amen, sister!!! :wacko: Silly men.

We take turns playing Fallout 3 on the PC and watching each other play and figuring stuff out together! I think it's a great time! We don't spend too much time widowing each other for video games... if so, he plays Wii and I play Sims 3! :)

I am a Blackberry widow lol! Mind you, I can't complain.. i spend hours staring at my chart and reading posts on here and other TTC sites lol.

I'm a Sims 3 player too Meg.. it's ace isn't it?

LOL...well I'm the bigger gamer in the house(whoever said they were playing RE5...OMG I LOVE IT! Am playing the new Batman now) DH works so much that I hardly see him as it is...so can I be like...a Job Widow cuz thats what takes him away from me

And man...I need to get some RAM for my PC because I've been DYING to play Sims 3, but the way my computer is now...It would shoot itself if I tried playing Sims 3 on it LOL

I was a WoW widow before the xbox live came!
My mum and stepdad, and Brother and Sister all play Counterstrike lol
I mean dont get me wrong! I Love playing xbox too, and i also have a level 50 character on WoW! But theres no 'us' time, my OH was complaining the other day because we never spend anytime together, i think i wrote a post about it...Well anyway he blames my job, because im always working! But if he was to get off the xbox when i got in, then we could spend time together! Jeez! Men eh?! Definately from Mars!......
I'm so glad im not the only one :) <3 To you all x

Sims 3 is wonderful! I love it so much! :) Fallout 3 is pretty spectacular too. I thought I'd hate it, until I played! OMG! LOVE IT!

LOL...well I'm the bigger gamer in the house(whoever said they were playing RE5...OMG I LOVE IT! Am playing the new Batman now) DH works so much that I hardly see him as it is...so can I be like...a Job Widow cuz thats what takes him away from me

And man...I need to get some RAM for my PC because I've been DYING to play Sims 3, but the way my computer is now...It would shoot itself if I tried playing Sims 3 on it LOL

that was me!! resident evil is so fuuuun... i'm waiting for my brother to bring batman over here for me to borrow if he can tear himself away from it!

I was also a Wii Widow, as my hubby played Mario Kart constantly for the first week we had it. He now plays every once in a while, which is much more manageable. Good thing I didn't have to send him to "Wiihab"... :rofl:

Wiihab :haha::haha:
Im a Wii Widow and also now a footie widow - sometimes I dont mind gets him off my back but also makes him grumpy if the kids are messing around !

I'm an Xbox widow too. In addition, he plays hockey 3 days a week so I feel like I hardly ever see the guy. It seems like every couple of weeks I have to plead my case again... "you never spend any time with me!!!" Whenever we get storms, I sometimes hope that the power will get knocked out so we can just light some candles and get some really good quality time in.

DH and I are playing Fallout 3 together! Its really fun. He also plays a game called Team Fortress which is an online PS3 game where people just shoot each other and go after the other team's "intelligence." I find that game pretty boring but I also play the Sims 3 or just surf the net while he plays it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->