Xmas Shopping??!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by lazydaisybaby, Oct 27, 2008.

1. lazydaisybaby

lazydaisybaby Well-Known Member

I just wondered if any of you ladies in the 1st tri have started xmas shopping. I only ask cos i am soooooooooo tired that i can barely function, let alone think about Xmas, but know i have to start!

My MIL has my daughter on Monday afternoons so i think this is when i am going to have to do it, so considering starting today!! I have no idea what i am getting anybody tho either (apart from DD, she is well catered for lol!!!)

xx

2. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

Yes I have a wii for my two oldest and a few bits for ethan will just get a few bits each week until finished xxx

3. littlemansmum

littlemansmum Mum Of 2 Beautiful Boys x

Got few lil bits for ds, and first of hubby's gifts. Part from that, thats it. Can't get up the energy right now lol x

4. MamaK

MamaK Mama to Miles

I havent even thought of Xmas shopping yet. I am however very excited about Xmas coming... but I think I will start (and finish) my shopping end November or even December ;) I'm always late on getting pressies, haha.

x

5. Jemma_x

Jemma_x Mummy and Engaged

i have all my xmas shopping done apart from a couple of bits for OH that i need to go and get but everything else done, i like to get it done before everyone else starts going and it gets packed

6. LongRoadAhead

LongRoadAhead ♥Due 06/05/09♥

Iv started:)!
    Going to get one present each week cos Iv still got to save for the main baby bits like cot and nursery furniture
    The shops are starting to get so busy already!! M & S was packed last week!
    Xxx

7. Cariad_bach

Cariad_bach mum to 2 boys and 2 girls

Mines nearly done :headspin:

Got 4 more to buy and thats it......all of them are wrapped to and i have a list of what ive got for who :blush:

At least it means that in December i will be able to sit back and relax!

8. ClaireyF

ClaireyF Joshua & Bump to be!

I haven't even thought about xmas presents yet :s i really don't have the energy or patience to wander around the shops this year but i suppose i'll have to start soon....

9. Suze

Suze Mummy to Ava & Oscar

Gosh you ladies are very organised!

A lot of mine will be done online I think!

10. starryeye31

starryeye31 2nd tri ~Its A Boy ~

I started x-mas shopping over the weekend , I hate the thought of having to finish up my shopping though :( I guess im just going to buy stuff every weekend so I dont have to buy a whole bunch all at once , dh and I decided we are not going to the after thanksgiving sales this year .

11. lesleyann

lesleyann Mummy

i refuse to xmas shop till the end of november begining of december since its my birthday on the 13th november lol

12. ClaireyF

I can agree with that attitude, my birthday is 14th November and don't want it confused with Christmas stuff!! lol. Happy Birthday for the 13th!! :cake:

13. lesleyann

lesleyann Mummy

thanks yeah my little brothers 14th birthday on the 14th november lol and happy birthday for the 14th to you :cake:

14. hellotasha

hellotasha Loves Her Baby Girl. X

im near done already, just need some other bits & bobs :D

xxx

15. Mandykins

Mandykins Well-Known Member

I only have my hubby to shop for...and he was easy, I bought another Xbox ( we have three cause he can't touch mine LOL)
    Everyone else is getting home made teddy bears...my dad passed away a few years ago and I think we are all getting to the point where we can deal with it. So I am making bears out of his old clothes for everyone.
    So they get that and a baby in May :p
    Im not a big christmas person. So I get it really easy

16. ClaireyF

Thats really sweet about the teddy bears xx

17. topcat

topcat Mum to a little girl!

Sadly I've started shopping already...I am trying to buy from small businesses/local artists/crafters instead of Boots and Argos like I usually do - so I've got to start early! Though today I went into Primark and went a big mad with the pjs - may need to use some for pressies! Oops!

18. diva4180

diva4180 Well-Known Member

i've got a few things for some family members and my little boy (through the fall I pick up things as I see them, particularly if it's something that might be hard to get during the holiday season and they have them in stock now) but to be honest, shopping kills me now, I tend to get nauseous when I'm out and I have to cut the trip short, all the stores are so hot inside and it just triggers it :dohh:

19. viejita

viejita Well-Known Member

I've got the remedy - its called Ebay, Amazon and basically anything online - saves you getting up from your seat and you can post messages here at the same time!!! Seriously, I swear by internet shopping - just make sure you use recognised websites and that the payment page is secure.