Yasmin/PCOS/TTC help!

Lulabelle85

Reaction score
Hiya, we've only just started TTC but I've not had AF since coming off dianette in April, as I have PCOS. I went to the doctor this morning and he's given me 3 months of Yasmin BCP to try and kick start my cycle, which means going back to wtt. I'm having a dilemma now, coz I don't know whether to go on the Yasmin then resume TTC after Christmas, in the hope that it might help my cycles in the long run, or whether to just persevere with metformin, fertilaid, Agnus castus and diet and exercise. Or even going on Yasmin for one or two months? I don't know what to do :(

Could you try taking it for a week and then waiting a week to see if it will kickstart your cycle x

I have used birth control many times over the years and it has never kickstarted my cycles. I have PCOS and very rarely ovulate on my own. Honestly, I would either ask for progesterone or use natural progesterone cream. I use NPC and have used it for the last few years to bring on my cycle.

I asked for progesterone and he said we normally give that to stop heavy bleeding, not bring periods on. Which doesn't make sense as I was given it 7 years ago as i hadn't had AF for like 10 months. Metformin and provera worked for me before and I had a regular 39 day cycle, but going on BCP for 2 years has messed that up and now I'm back to square one, so I'm kind of wary about starting BCP again x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->