Yay!! First appointment!!!

BaByTyMe01

Reaction score
WHAT CAN I EXPECT ON MY FIRST APPOINTMENT?? it's less than a week away and I want to be at least mentally prepared!! Thanks guys I'm so excited!! :happydance:

Sorry to burst your bubble but I found the first appointment pretty boring....lots of form filling!!!

Hi BaByTyMe01 - I've just received my first appointment to see the midwife next Friday and am just as excited!! Keep me posted on how your appointment goes and I'll let you know how mine goes!!! :)

I have my first appointment friday, been told its form-filling and I'll be getting my 12 week scan booked.

I have my first "real" appointment tomorrow! I'm 7 1/2 weeks and will be getting my first ultrasound! I can't wait:)

you get to meet your midwife properly and she goes through loads of forms with you and answers any questions you may have and gets your first scan sorted for you. I enjoyed my first one because this is my first baby and is all very new to me :) xx

ooo and you get your pregnancy notes filled in so its like your 'offically pregnant' lol I had blood tests taken at mine too xx

Booking bloods and form filling... It's one of the longest appointments... Can be boring. Mine is tomorrow.

Ive just had mine this morning, it was just a load of questions about my health, my parents, my oh health and his parents, ie, any serious illnesses, she took my blood pressure, weighed me and checked my boobies (there is a history of breast cancer in my family) and i have to go back this afternoon to see the doctor so she can make me an appointment for my 12week scan!! Stupid to have to go back but this is Spain, mw cant make the appointment for me!! So, unfortunately,its all boring really!! Nothing to worry about!!
xxxxx

First thing is a lot of form filling, I had a pelvic exam, urine test, and blood work. I was 6wks then. My first ultrasound is July 14, i'll be 11wks 4 days.

I've got my first appointment with my obstetrician tomorrow morning. Rang and spoke to her secretary and advised her that me and my oh are now pregnant after waiting so long. She booked me in to see the obstetrician straight away first thing tomorrow - That's how good the NHS can be (all depends on which PCT it is!!!). Got first midwife appointment hopefully now this Friday instead of next Friday. Can't wait and think that as this is our first and so long awaited little one I want to try and make sure that everything is as perfect as possible!!! :)

I haven't had my appointment yet and I'm really excited too!! I have however been googling alot so I can tell you what the internet says :) For the most part it's a bit of a Q&A, you have blood and urine samples taken, a pelvic exam, a breast exam and you also have forms to fill out. Apparently it's the longest appointment but I guess we'll wait and see!! Good luck!!

Ew sounds pretty boring! Luckily the doctor gave me some paperwork that I could fill out at home, so hopefully that makes it a little less boring at the office. I'm about to start getting ready, I'll let you know how the first appt went! Thanks again for all of your input! Sorry it took me so long to post back wasn't ignoring, just been working :-( can't wait till the baby's here lol I'll get some time off from work at least. Haha. Wish me luck...

Ew sounds pretty boring! Luckily the doctor gave me some paperwork that I could fill out at home, so hopefully that makes it a little less boring at the office. I'm about to start getting ready, I'll let you know how the first appt went! Thanks again for all of your input! Sorry it took me so long to post back wasn't ignoring, just been working :-( can't wait till the baby's here lol I'll get some time off from work at least. Haha. Wish me luck...

I think that because we've been trying and wishing for such a long time no paperwork will bore me. I'm excited with every little thing but everybody is different :hugs:

Sorry for the repeat if some of you already read this, but....
IM OFFICIALLY pregnant LOL as confirmed by the doctors office!!
The first appointment went really good. I got a lot more out of it than I expected.
Here's how it went:
I got to the doc they did the pee test, blood preside, weight etc. Then went in his office to talk about what I can and can't eat, any questions I have, etc. Thennnnnnn.....they told me there was a possibility that I could have an ultra sound done at their other location, so we hopped on that real quick. Turns out I'm about 5 weeks along, which is weird, cause everyone was telling me I was about 10 weeks based on my last period. So, it was a tad disappointing to see just a small blob on the screen, but it is still exciting knowing that I'm pregnant. I'm just even more anxious cause I can't wait to see a lil baby!:yipee:

How are all of you it's doing with your pregnancies? Any new news?:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->