Yay :) I think

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
Me and OH just had a chat and we've brought our ttc date forward by over a year :)

Weird thing is even though it's what i really want and i have it all planned out i'm now really worried. OH is working, and obviously still will be working then, with what's left out of his wages each month it would be enough to support us and buy all we need for baby. I will have finished my 2nd year of uni so could suspend my studies for a year and then return and finish my 3rd year. But i'm really scared as well as excited. Do people think i'm crazy?

if its what you want then its not crazy, its great!!

2 months is gonna go by so fast!!!! I'm jealous haha
Good luck!!!!!
xxxx

just go for it, if it is truly what you want then you have all my support and love :D

I'm so excited :) I've ordered some OPKs so i can spend the next few months tracking my cycles :) Oh my god. I can't believe it's actually gonna happen

I personally don't think it's a wise decision as you've only been together for 9 months and don't really know where your future lies. However, it obviously is your decision and if you feel it's right and it makes you happy, then congrats. :)

I don't really know what i think anymore. I'm really doubting myself and whether i'd be able to do a good job. And i don't know. I just think that if most people think i shouldn't then most people must be right.

hey dont think like that cos ive only been with my partner for under a year, but you know yourself if its right its right :)

We are only here to suggest things, or hand you advice, we are not here to order you in doign something, we are here to let u know we are here for you. . Being preg. is a huge responsiblity, and if single parentin comes to mind, it's really hard to go down that field. A baby is a sign of love, its a gift from two people who really care and love eachother. No one else can tell you if YOU are ready or not, deep down in your heart, you have to think bout yourself and think about the baby you are wanting to create. Are you physically & emotionally ready for this? Or why not finish school first, so you don't have to worry about taken a year off, and MAYBE wanting to finish school. In my own opinion, if I were you, I would finish Uni first, save up more money, and then TTC. . That way I know my schooling is done, and I got nothing to worrie about if I miss a year. Cause then you get to spend more time with ur baby, get to know your inner self more. .
Think about it long and hard with your partner, and if it's still what you want. Then I wish you the best and healthiest babie God can give. .
Good Luck!

I think that i do know it's what i want. I think it could just be that i'm worrying like everybody does before they start actively trying. Or it could be that my doubts are real issues that mean i shouldn't try. I'm considering putting it on hold until jan 2010, that way i will have graduated uni by the time baby would be born. I think i need to have another chat with OH

Hey hun,

I know how badly you want this. I know it must feel great that your OH finally wants the same things as you do...

I would say, though - Do you think that that extra year might not have been such a bad thing? You would have finished uni, putting you in good stead to get a job when you are ready and not have to go to uni and depend on OHs wages solely for child care when you do so etc etc as you won't be able to work AND do uni when you have a new baby... It also might give you that extra confidence that you are ready and that it is definitely the right thing at the right time - I get the feeling you are worried that giving into impulse means you might not be ready yet and just doing it because you want a baby so bad and don't feel patient enough to wait until you ARE ready? I'm not saying this is the case - but do you feel like that?

A year WILL pass really quickly and in that year you could gain - A whole year of quality couple time and security with your OH, your qualification at university (what are you studying btw?), savings for a baby fund?, the confidence that you are with the right person, doing the right thing, at the right time.

I hope this doesn't offend you. If you truly do go ahead and TTC now and you know that you are ready, then :wohoo:!!! CONGRATULATIONS and you have the support of EVERYBODY on this forum,

but you don't need to think of everyone on this forum, you need to think of you, and you need to think of your OH, and you need to think of your little baby that you will have very soon either way. Do what you feel is best, hun :hug: xx

I think i'm gonna talk to OH and see how he feels.

I'm studying sociology and i absolutely hate it which probably doesn't help matters. I know that this also probably means if i did have baby now i might not want to go back to uni afterwards. I know that my uni has a free nursery though so it wouldn't be a problem in terms of LO being looked after if i went back. Our original ttc date was after my graduation, i think i might suggest moving it to jan 2010, so earlier than originally but i would have graduated by the time baby arrived.

I'm not sure if i'm genuinely not ready or if i'm just getting worried like everyone does before ttc. I really need to think about it because creating a life is serious business and i don't want to get my decisions wrong.

That sounds like a good idea - You could start TTC mid-way through your last year, then you may get pregnant before you finish uni but you'll get to finish uni before you have a baby! :D However I would suggest you don't time it so that your due date is near any exams! :rofl: I can just see that - "Mr exam-moderator person, sir, Can I please be excused - My waters have just broken!" :lol: Also you won't feel like taking any exams if you are quite heavily pregnant... It's no fun sitting in uncomfortable chairs when you have a bump and you need to pee all the time! lol

Good luck whatever you decide to do :D :hugs:

I posted a similar thread a few weeks ago and think that you wait and wait and the time suddenly is on you and the thought of being pregnant and having a baby suddenly gets a little bit more real - I have many worries about being pregnant, the birth , how we will cope - but I am sure it will be all ok in the end !!!

That sounds like a good idea - You could start TTC mid-way through your last year, then you may get pregnant before you finish uni but you'll get to finish uni before you have a baby! :D However I would suggest you don't time it so that your due date is near any exams! :rofl: I can just see that - "Mr exam-moderator person, sir, Can I please be excused - My waters have just broken!" :lol: Also you won't feel like taking any exams if you are quite heavily pregnant... It's no fun sitting in uncomfortable chairs when you have a bump and you need to pee all the time! lol

Good luck whatever you decide to do :D :hugs:

Imagine going into labour in an exam! Would be awful! Whether we start this year or next it will be timed so that i would be due around july/august/september to avoid exams! Obviously after uni it won't matter when i'd be due, but if i start in jan '09 or 2010 then i'll have to time it around exams.

Mrs Doddy- thanks, i'm not sure if it is just normal worries or if it's that i should wait a bit longer. I guess i have 2 months to think about it and work it out.

I think the best way to describe it is i don't want to wait for me, i should wait because i need to do more things that people expect me to do first, like my mum and my friends etc all expect me to finish uni and stuff first. So i think if i wait i will be waiting for them and not for me. If that makes any sense?

My OH suddenly said we could start TTC this christmas instead of next and it really hit home what it meant. Everything gets mega serious and I was like "OMG! I do NOT want a baby yet.....Do I?.." thinking of all the things I couldn't do...but at the same time if I did get pregnant I would happily drop everything anyway.

I just hate the way it's on my OH's terms, so it's HIM I have to wait for... I'd prefer for him to be ready whenever, so the decision's in my hands. :shrug:

I think I get what you mean katy. :D

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"